A back to B is that normal everywhere??

Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:53pm
seems here in this part of PA (D6) all these Vet and Senior A riders are going back to B with every excuse from " i'm too old to jump" to "i had surgery over the winter" and so on. WTF gives?? is this going on everywhere???
|
6/23/2009 1:51pm
That also seems to be the case here.
nc_mx_kid
6/23/2009 1:56pm
I've seen that happen many times, not just in the vet classes but also the A back to B class move.
If your racing in a class that you are not competitive/comfortable with, you can write the AMA/District to move back a class.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
6/23/2009 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2009 1:58pm
seems here in this part of PA (D6) all these Vet and Senior A riders are going back to B with every excuse from " i'm...
seems here in this part of PA (D6) all these Vet and Senior A riders are going back to B with every excuse from " i'm too old to jump" to "i had surgery over the winter" and so on. WTF gives?? is this going on everywhere???
Sandbagging or not..

It has been like that for years.

IMO: Once an A rider ,always an A rider.

sc961
6/23/2009 2:15pm
In the past a rider could petition their local district board, and if the situation was right move back down from B to A. Wasn't allowed too often, but there are cases where it did.

The way the rules work today, that same rider needs to send a written request to the AMA. Not likely they will be allowed to move back down, if the races are AMA sanctioned that is.

Either way, if an A riders moves down to B, then dominates the class, they should be moved directly back by what ever sanctioning body presides over the district.

Problem is, someone has to be the bad guy and complain. No one wants to be that guy....

The Shop

breck
6/23/2009 2:31pm
If i'm a vet rider, which i'm eligible for the 25+ class, I'm riding A, I'd rather have a shot at cash instead of a plaque of trophy... just makes sense to me...
RNagy052
6/23/2009 2:41pm
I still don't understand why they have a VET A, B, and C at a local or district level. They should just have VET, get rid of the 5 year age brackets as well at the local level. Most people on this board bitch about too many classes on race day. The VET Classes would be a very good place to start the trimming.

Ing
6/23/2009 2:53pm
RNagy052 wrote:
I still don't understand why they have a VET A, B, and C at a local or district level. They should just have VET, get rid...
I still don't understand why they have a VET A, B, and C at a local or district level. They should just have VET, get rid of the 5 year age brackets as well at the local level. Most people on this board bitch about too many classes on race day. The VET Classes would be a very good place to start the trimming.

X 2 Excellent idea.
ASH510
6/23/2009 3:07pm
i havent raced since feb 01 i dont know what class i should race last raced A but shit i dont think i could even keep up in a lap and a half race
but i think it will be next yr at least before i line up on anything
6/23/2009 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:33am
RNagy052 wrote:
I still don't understand why they have a VET A, B, and C at a local or district level. They should just have VET, get rid...

gotta have atleast A & B guys like myself have no bussiness out there with guys like Carsten , Keith Johnson, McMillan, Ty Wallace Etc. it's bad enough they catch us when we're on the 2nd gate.
6/23/2009 3:15pm
sc961 wrote:
In the past a rider could petition their local district board, and if the situation was right move back down from B to A. Wasn't allowed...
In the past a rider could petition their local district board, and if the situation was right move back down from B to A. Wasn't allowed too often, but there are cases where it did.

The way the rules work today, that same rider needs to send a written request to the AMA. Not likely they will be allowed to move back down, if the races are AMA sanctioned that is.

Either way, if an A riders moves down to B, then dominates the class, they should be moved directly back by what ever sanctioning body presides over the district.

Problem is, someone has to be the bad guy and complain. No one wants to be that guy....
these guys all have letters from the AMA like 15 of them in the last 2 years. they all want Contingency.
ASH510
6/23/2009 3:22pm
i was just thinking of going 30A not really droping to B i never raced B so why start now
The Rock
6/23/2009 4:34pm
FastEddy wrote:
Sandbagging or not..

I'll never forget lining up next to a former National rider who was racing the Vet Jr class with me at Carlsbad. Any guesses on who won and who got smoked?
sc961
6/24/2009 5:21am
RNagy052 wrote:

You probably ride A class, right? Me too. Everyone wants a class to be competitive in. That is apparent by all the aged break downs, 65 open, 85 open and so on. If you start cutting, where do you stop?

There are a ton of vet aged riders that don't. We have the A,B and C break down in D23. There are many riders from Wisconsin and Iowa that come to Mn because of the options.

It's a double edged sword. More classes, more riders, more revenue, longer days, less track time.

Cut back, less entries, more track time, less revenue, less tracks to choose from.

I'd prefer shorter race days, and longer moto's. If the promoter could make it work, I'd love to see classes cut way back, longer moto's and head for home at a reasonable time. I don't see that happening with the structure of the amatuer nationals, and many riders focused more on making it to one of those big deals rather than concentrating on the local stuff.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/24/2009 5:43am
not vet classes, but around here there's lots of B riders that have magically not been moved up after winning for several years in B, and a couple that have raced A, then decided they liked B better and wrote a letter and got back in.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
6/24/2009 6:11am
Peewee
Jr Mini
Sr Mini
100 class
125 class
250 class
Old folks
Money class.....................
Sometimes a Mini Money class.........the good old days.

Everyone can't win, they are trying to make Moto fair, I think Obama can fix Moto.
-eagle-
6/24/2009 6:28am
30 B/C for LL's is almost a scam the size of 4 stroke.
16-24, 25, 30,40,50. No splits.
That said 25+ is loaded with ex national # holders and back forty national guys from 98-05.
That makes for some good regionals and motos at LL's.

I'd like to see vet classes be vet classes. I"m a slow 25B guy and its much safer when I line up beside Jeff Gibson than stagger me 40 seconds behind him. They are gone in 3 turns anyway. Doesn't make sense to stagger guys that are 10 seconds a lap faster AND give them a 40 second head start. When they stagger us I'll be battling for a spot and have to lay up to let them come through battling for their spots.

I have a ton of friends that are good 30+ riders and this 30B/C bullshit has caused lots of drama.
rocrac
6/24/2009 7:13am
For whatever reason the prestige to be an A rider, Vet A rider just isn't what it used to be. In fact, in our area of the country it's not even worth showing up at a local race. Crappy turnouts, crappy payouts and just general infifference towards the top level guys. Sad really.

I know a lot of young talented riders that no longer have their parents support that are quiting all together.
CamP
6/24/2009 7:14am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2009 7:15am
At the local level, vet classes should be divided by age but with open skill. If any old guy wants to race for money, he should line up with the rest of the experts.
Larry
6/24/2009 7:38am
I thought everybody around here quit racing?
sc961
6/24/2009 8:19am
rocrac wrote:
For whatever reason the prestige to be an A rider, Vet A rider just isn't what it used to be. In fact, in our area of...
For whatever reason the prestige to be an A rider, Vet A rider just isn't what it used to be. In fact, in our area of the country it's not even worth showing up at a local race. Crappy turnouts, crappy payouts and just general infifference towards the top level guys. Sad really.

I know a lot of young talented riders that no longer have their parents support that are quiting all together.
Sean, I think you could be talking about most local am districts with your post.
shaner708
6/24/2009 8:32am
RNagy052 wrote:

Ing wrote:
X 2 Excellent idea.
Well its easy to say that but in district 5 we have had full gates of vet c riders and 20 vet b riders so that would be impossibe lo do
6/24/2009 9:32am
I was bumped to A years ago. I never ran better than mid pack. Then i had a bad injury took a couple of years off and the last time i raced i rode B class and got smoked! I think B class is fine for a guy like me i would be in the way in A class.
BobbyM
6/24/2009 10:24am
seems here in this part of PA (D6) all these Vet and Senior A riders are going back to B with every excuse from " i'm...
ask GMAN....
twizzler
6/24/2009 10:44am Edited Date/Time 6/24/2009 10:55am
rocrac wrote:
For whatever reason the prestige to be an A rider, Vet A rider just isn't what it used to be. In fact, in our area of...

Roc, it's not just happening in the mid-west. That trend of kids without parents support, etc, quitting... is happening everywhere in this country. I've said it on here before, but ALL of the tracks out here in SoCal are mostly filled with VET riders. The major majority of younger riders are only riding because they have their parents or sponsors support. I VERY RARELY ever see a younger rider or racer showing up at the tracks by himself or with friends anymore. Really sad! Just look at the economy and inflation rate. Back when I was in HS/college age I made $8/hr. at my job and a new bike costed $3k-$3.5k. Now kids are still basically making $8-$10/hr. but new bikes now cost $ 6k plus.
6/24/2009 11:27am
Senior B and 35+ B or Vet C are some of the biggest classes in D6 only 250C and sometimes open C are bigger. tons of riders over 30 in our area. and all kinds of different levels. X and current pro's to total beginners. but some MAJOR Baggers as well
Jordan421
Fantasy
2602nd
6/24/2009 1:37pm
I went from B class to C class for my last race.

Yes I sadbag that race,and I pull a bad ass hole shot.
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
6/24/2009 1:46pm
FastEddy wrote:
Sandbagging or not..

I agree! if you get hurt or take some time off practice and get back to speed
JB 19
6/24/2009 2:23pm
Crash82 wrote:
Peewee Jr Mini Sr Mini 100 class 125 class 250 class Old folks Money class..................... Sometimes a Mini Money class.........the good old days. Everyone can't win...
Peewee
Jr Mini
Sr Mini
100 class
125 class
250 class
Old folks
Money class.....................
Sometimes a Mini Money class.........the good old days.

Everyone can't win, they are trying to make Moto fair, I think Obama can fix Moto.
I actually sent DC an e-mail 2 years ago regarding this because of all the people bitching about past pros riding vet classes at Lorretas. I basically said, F'em DC, if they can't hang let them stay home. If they want a shot at beating the best guys let them sign up.

If you suck, get better or quit, don't whine til you have your own class. In some regions they have a D class for christ sakes.

I guess everyone wants a trophy???
RNagy052
6/24/2009 2:52pm
sc961 wrote:
You probably ride A class, right? Me too. Everyone wants a class to be competitive in. That is apparent by all the aged break downs, 65...
You probably ride A class, right? Me too. Everyone wants a class to be competitive in. That is apparent by all the aged break downs, 65 open, 85 open and so on. If you start cutting, where do you stop?

There are a ton of vet aged riders that don't. We have the A,B and C break down in D23. There are many riders from Wisconsin and Iowa that come to Mn because of the options.

It's a double edged sword. More classes, more riders, more revenue, longer days, less track time.

Cut back, less entries, more track time, less revenue, less tracks to choose from.

I'd prefer shorter race days, and longer moto's. If the promoter could make it work, I'd love to see classes cut way back, longer moto's and head for home at a reasonable time. I don't see that happening with the structure of the amatuer nationals, and many riders focused more on making it to one of those big deals rather than concentrating on the local stuff.
A Class? no far from it, but I am trying to get faster. Down here in Florida at most of the races I go to they just have VET and then broken down by 5 year age groups. I actually have more fun running against the teenagers in the 125/250f C Class in the Florida Gold Cup and Winter Am Series than I do in the VET Classes.

You have to set different goals for different races. When I see Dubach, Carsten, May, Parker, TEggers, and those other fast guys on the line. My goal is to stay on the lead lap. I still have fun though, because there will be other guys in my class that I will be battling with the whole moto. I just don't see a need for VET A, B, and C, too many classes.

If you want to race B or C, then run the 250 or 450 B or C class, that is what those skill level classes are there for. It does seem a little weird in staging when most of the Dads pushing their kids bikes to the line are younger than you are.

6/24/2009 3:24pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 12:34am
If you don't have skill-graded vet classes, you will discourage a lot of participation. What if someone over 30 wants to get into motocross?...a fast-growing segment of the sport.

Are they supposed to get out there and race with pros that have raced since they were 5? Give me a break.

I don't think Carsten wants to be out there with a guy running his first race either.

Anyhow, if you want to go to Loretta's or race Arenacross, you are with the A class anyway.

Post a reply to: A back to B is that normal everywhere??

The Latest