A Ray got the Rona :(

Bruce372
2/18/2021 11:08am
Bruce372 wrote:
Well, I guess whoever said life expectancy hasn't changed will have to find another narrative now. World War 2 levels of decline, just like UK has...
Well, I guess whoever said life expectancy hasn't changed will have to find another narrative now.

World War 2 levels of decline, just like UK has WW2 levels of excess deaths

BBC News - Coronavirus: US life expectancy falls by a year amid pandemic
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56110005

BBC News - Covid: 2020 saw most excess deaths since World War Two
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55631693
Ted722 wrote:
Been going on for 10 years. Drug overdoses, suicides, and obesity playing a large role. Add in lockdowns and dying with or from Covid and it's...
Been going on for 10 years. Drug overdoses, suicides, and obesity playing a large role. Add in lockdowns and dying with or from Covid and it's the perfect storm.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/health/us-life-expectancy-decline-study/…
Agreed.

Seems strange that people would push the narrative that life expectancy is going up despite the pandemic.

From memory, but suicide and opiate overdose are around 50k, so that's an order of magnitude lower than covid related deaths.

It's also interesting that people are all of a sudden concerned about suicide, since the majority are middle aged white men shooting themselves and we don't want anyone from that demographic thinking guns are bad lol.

Life is complicated...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
2/18/2021 3:15pm
dang472 wrote:
Ok, after all the source attacks you admit the CDC created a new way to count fatalities. The question is, have they done this with everything...
Ok, after all the source attacks you admit the CDC created a new way to count fatalities. The question is, have they done this with everything else? What happens to the Swine Flu numbers? I truly am curious.

For a pure mental exercise, let’s use an automotive analogy. If we take all rear end collisions in a month and list 40% of the cause as brake problems instead of following too closely/speed/distracted driving, do we suddenly have a brake problem that needs battery immediate attention?

Classification can change everything we perceive as normal or abnormal.
APLMAN99 wrote:
Your analogy would only make ANY sense if there were ZERO actual brake problems ever discovered before that time in order to be reported, and if...
Your analogy would only make ANY sense if there were ZERO actual brake problems ever discovered before that time in order to be reported, and if suddenly the total number of accidents (that had been changing by a fairly low and somewhat predictable rate for decades) suddenly saw an annual jump of well over 15% from 2.8M accidents to about 3.3M accidents.

And yes, there have been guidelines set in the past for recording new issues that have caused or contributed to deaths. This is not the first.
TbonesPop wrote:
Just a couple of points to the discussion on this topic. In Arizona, when the WHO changed their requirement to be classified as positive Covid, the...
Just a couple of points to the discussion on this topic. In Arizona, when the WHO changed their requirement to be classified as positive Covid, the infection rates in Arizona steadily dropped and have dropped to roughly half of what they were at the peak. Death rates however almost doubled in terms of percentages (not in numbers). Thus death rates have been steady. It is a lagging indicator though. I'm not sure what the real numbers of Covid and % death rate actually is at this point. The WHO should have required the new Covid testing requirements long ago as the new method helps eliminate false positives - which are highly common with PCR testing.

On another note, over 80% of Covid tests come back negative. While there are some people getting tested for business and travel purposes (me) who are healthy and just require a negative test to travel or see customers, many of the negative tests are from people that have some other sickness (cold or flu) that are getting tested to make sure its not Covid. I don't know where those Cold and Flu numbers are going, or if they are captured at all. But the point is, wearing masks, hand washing, and social distancing haven't stopped the traditional cold and Flu from happening this year. they just aren't being captured. If for example that 20% of Covid tests are positive, and 30% of the covid tests are for people working or traveling (who know they are going to be negative), the rest are people who are sick, but not Covid. That's 2.5X the amount of sick people without Covid. That's a lot of sick people.
To go along with your first few sentences, here in LA County we have all of a sudden dropped 85% in positivity rate in the last week or two. I just saw the report this morning

The Shop

APLMAN99
2/18/2021 6:20pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Well, I guess whoever said life expectancy hasn't changed will have to find another narrative now. World War 2 levels of decline, just like UK has...
Well, I guess whoever said life expectancy hasn't changed will have to find another narrative now.

World War 2 levels of decline, just like UK has WW2 levels of excess deaths

BBC News - Coronavirus: US life expectancy falls by a year amid pandemic
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56110005

BBC News - Covid: 2020 saw most excess deaths since World War Two
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55631693
Ted722 wrote:
Been going on for 10 years. Drug overdoses, suicides, and obesity playing a large role. Add in lockdowns and dying with or from Covid and it's...
Been going on for 10 years. Drug overdoses, suicides, and obesity playing a large role. Add in lockdowns and dying with or from Covid and it's the perfect storm.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/26/health/us-life-expectancy-decline-study/…
RalphS wrote:
Not that I want to echo a CNN link or that I want to discredit covid but painkillers and obesity should have the same attention and...
Not that I want to echo a CNN link or that I want to discredit covid but painkillers and obesity should have the same attention and government action covid receives.
If those were communicable, then I’d agree.

And just to be clear, I’d say that there should be quite a few “medical professionals” serving prison sentences similar to your local crack dealers are, but that doesn’t really do much to diminish the approximately 500K deaths over a calendar year due to Covid.
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/18/2021 8:06pm
Two months in and we already have my vote for dumbest thread of the year.
TeamGreen
2/18/2021 8:29pm
bigk218 wrote:
Hey, almost 1 post in 25 was about A-Ray...so, that’s good, right?
Laughing
bigk218
Fantasy
3155th
2/18/2021 8:52pm
bigk218 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Hey, almost 1 post in 25 was about A-Ray...so, that’s good, right?
Laughing
Haha poor A-ray. I guess publicity is publicity 😂

Post a reply to: A Ray got the Rona :(

The Latest