# 917

Slow ~ Pro
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:03pm
Eric Sorby crashed on the back side of Mt. Whitney, his bike came by with a mechanic on it.

I heard on the radio that Sorby was unconscious, when he was hauled away...has anybody heard more ?
|
zjbell
5/26/2008 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2008 6:46pm
He was on a stretcher in the ambulance, hopefully he's o.k. His bike looked ok, not trashed or anything.
5/26/2008 6:49pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Eric Sorby crashed on the back side of Mt. Whitney, his bike came by with a mechanic on it. I heard on the radio that Sorby...
Eric Sorby crashed on the back side of Mt. Whitney, his bike came by with a mechanic on it.

I heard on the radio that Sorby was unconscious, when he was hauled away...has anybody heard more ?
Anytime you hear someone is uncontious its just an expression meaning they've never been beter...
crowe176
5/26/2008 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2008 6:50pm
God, you're dumb on so many levels.
Slow ~ Pro
5/26/2008 6:50pm
zjbell wrote:
He was on a stretcher in the ambulance, hopefully he's o.k. His bike looked ok, not trashed or anything.
I heard on the radio, that he was ejected from the bike, and hit a dirt bank at a pretty good pace. This was from an eye witness flagger, that reported it.

The Shop

dunn2500
5/26/2008 7:03pm
he looked really good in prac/qual but in the race he looked a little off.........saw everyone goin over there didnt know it was him
500guy
5/26/2008 7:15pm
Someone on MT reported he was KO'd but is ok today , no other major injuries.

Probably won't be riding for awhile
PD441
5/26/2008 8:53pm
It was late in moto 2. I believe he over jumped that step up back there and flat-landed it. A few guys were doing that. His bike went into the chain-link fence and he hit the deck. I was amazed at how long it took for medics to reach him. It was sickening seeing him laying there with his head on the edge of the track and most of the riders ignoring the yellow flags. A guy finally came up to the jump face with a red cross flag but an AMA official told him not to wave it...WTF?!? Sorby posted on RaceTime that he was knocked out and has a concussion. He'll be off of the bike for a few weeks then be back testing with JGR. Sure glad he's OK, it didn't look too good from my vantage point.
docweedon
5/26/2008 9:21pm
It was difficult for the medics to get over. By the time they got he call, they had to wait for the field to pass before they could cross the track to get access to the back side. Believe me, there was a sense of urgency in the medic on the quad's face. He just couldn't cross the track.

One of the JGR spotters ran right past me with the same urgency in his face.
Slow ~ Pro
5/26/2008 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2008 9:32pm
docweedon wrote:
It was difficult for the medics to get over. By the time they got he call, they had to wait for the field to pass before...
It was difficult for the medics to get over. By the time they got he call, they had to wait for the field to pass before they could cross the track to get access to the back side. Believe me, there was a sense of urgency in the medic on the quad's face. He just couldn't cross the track.

One of the JGR spotters ran right past me with the same urgency in his face.
It's just a hard location to reach...Symmons (The track ambulance company) and Doc Bodner, got the call within seconds of the crash, I was holding a track radio, and I saw Symmons trying to get there right away.

The only thing that took time was trying to see the number on the bike in question...that took a couple minutes.
Mr. Ryan
5/26/2008 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2008 9:32pm
i was back there when it happened but was looking the other way. one of
the track workers i talked to later on said that he overjumped and just
got waded up in the fence. there was a crowd of people over there and
the chain link actually had a whole ripped in it. I didn't think it was
right to take pictures he looked hurt but i saw him move his hand. it
was really hard for them to get across the track riders weren't paying
attention to the yellow flags it was crazy for sure. Hope he is alright
no body wants to see that happen.
Scotty
5/26/2008 9:52pm
Slow ~ Pro wrote:
Eric Sorby crashed on the back side of Mt. Whitney, his bike came by with a mechanic on it. I heard on the radio that Sorby...

Anytime you hear someone is uncontious its just an expression meaning they've never been beter...
Why haven't you been clicked yet? Fucking moron
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/26/2008 11:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/26/2008 11:04pm
I talked to him after the race, and he was up and walking around. He said his neck and back were really sore (and judging by the way he moved, really stiff, too), but otherwise, he was okay.

Post a reply to: # 917

The Latest