90s MX Movies

TDeath21
No I’m not talking about Motocrossed.

I’m talking about Terrafirma, Wrath Child, Crusty Demons, Fox’s Greatest Hits, etc.

What ended up happening to MX movies like this? I feel like they just aren’t released anymore.

Man I remember getting those on VHS for Christmas or my birthday and just being the happiest kid ever. I’d flip that thing into the VCR and let it ride. Rewind. Repeat. I loved those movies.

Anything at all even remotely like this been released in 10+ years?

Maybe it’s my nostalgia and me reminiscing of my childhood being born in 1990 and all, but I just feel like those movies were the best. My dad still has them in his VHS collection at his house. Every now and then, I’ll go over there, we dust off the VCR from the closet, and then we will pop in a 90s MX movie like the ones mentioned above. And I feel like a little kid again. It’s one of my favorite things to do.
|
p0wn
4/22/2018 6:51pm
The 'Moto' series are probably the closest. There's not much money in direct to 'dvd' or streaming unless you're getting paid upfront by a publisher(netflix et al). Used to be you could make a ton of money just by putting out a vhs for a niche sport(skateboarding, mx etc). The game has changed.

There's tons of short movies still though, monster does them, motosport does them, red bull has some(more for hard enduro - which is highly entertaining), lots of sponsors and what not do em just in shorter or different formats.
mxdevon
4/22/2018 7:08pm
I have a small collection......a few early crusty's, seth the hard way, a terraferma or 2 etc. If somone with a vcr wants them they're free to the first bro who dosent mind covering shipping.
mwssquad827
4/22/2018 7:50pm
The 90’s Moto vids were awesome... I agree with OP I rewind and watch till my mom knew the parts by the soundtrack..

The Shop

Manco
4/22/2018 7:52pm
TDeath21 wrote:
No I’m not talking about Motocrossed. I’m talking about Terrafirma, Wrath Child, Crusty Demons, Fox’s Greatest Hits, etc. What ended up happening to MX movies like...

I’m talking about Terrafirma, Wrath Child, Crusty Demons, Fox’s Greatest Hits, etc.

What ended up happening to MX movies like this? I feel like they just aren’t released anymore.

Man I remember getting those on VHS for Christmas or my birthday and just being the happiest kid ever. I’d flip that thing into the VCR and let it ride. Rewind. Repeat. I loved those movies.

Maybe it’s my nostalgia and me reminiscing of my childhood being born in 1990 and all, but I just feel like those movies were the best. My dad still has them in his VHS collection at his house. Every now and then, I’ll go over there, we dust off the VCR from the closet, and then we will pop in a 90s MX movie like the ones mentioned above. And I feel like a little kid again. It’s one of my favorite things to do.
The action packed extreme sports movies of the 90s are gone. Modern movies are too concerned with selling products to allow chaotic fun. The modern formula is to film 20 minutes of movie and slow it down to fill 60 minutes of time while making damn sure product placement is perfect. Then add in a few quick sections of pros talking about their sponsors and a few segments reminding the audience dirt biking is about hanging out with friends and family. Heaven forbid off the cuff scenes and conversations make it into a modern MX flick let alone some funny skits or goofing off. That would be as bad as letting red neck nobodies like Tex take up screen time. Gotta make sure the corporations are represented these days. That is what its really about. Corporations make the movies now, not the riders and their buddies.
4/23/2018 4:28am
Those movies were special because it was our heros growing up riding in them, you just dont see any recent riders/champions (villopoto dungey etc) out freeriding they are just all on the bicycle and pounding motos.i feel when ricky really stepped the game up all the playtime died with it. the few videos that pop up seem to just be fmx guys with the odd racer here and there.
4/23/2018 4:58am
i agree, who wants to see them out pounding the pavement in lycra..the fun really has been milked out of the sport...look at whats going on with the bs from the sx at the weekend.

i was inspired to start riding/racing by all the original moto movies (i must have watched terrafirma 2 hundreds of times) and loved all the skits messing about, goon riding... living the rock and roll lifestyle

being a 90's pro looked a hell of a lot more fun than today, and manco is right its all about advertising....we don't need things jammed down our throats all the time!

i was watching steel roots the other day and was thinking there is no way a current top pro would be out hucking the jumps mc was doing, and i liked how the freeride guys raced and rode with the top pros ...and they even let seth come out too! haha
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/23/2018 5:29am
This thread made me happy, then it made me sad. I have most of the VHS's but a lot went missing or stopped working.SmileSadSmileSad
Scull79
4/23/2018 12:57pm
The What If, What Is videos are pretty sweet. Not really moto but off road.
tylermx967
4/23/2018 2:10pm
WE SEED THE MOTOCROSSED MOVIE ON DISNEY CHANNEL AND IT IS 1 OF MY FAVERITES. I LIKE THE KID JASON THATS THE MECHANIC AND HAS SUSZUKI RM85 JSUT LIKE ME. MY MOM AND DAD SAY THIS THE PERFECT MOVIE THATS GOOD FUN FOR THE HOLE FAMILY
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
4/23/2018 2:22pm
In my opinion, youtube and then snapchat/IG killed mx videos. Why pay for 45 minutes worth of a video when you can watch HOURS of free content
Tracktor
4/23/2018 2:34pm
It all went downhill when Pat Solomon stopped directing MX movies..............Organ Donors was one of his best.......now every judro with and Iphone and an instagram page is a video producer.......
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/23/2018 3:49pm
TDeath21 wrote:
No I’m not talking about Motocrossed. I’m talking about Terrafirma, Wrath Child, Crusty Demons, Fox’s Greatest Hits, etc. What ended up happening to MX movies like...

YouTube and good and cheap digital video happened
TDeath21
4/24/2018 7:05am
cablecable wrote:
Those movies were special because it was our heros growing up riding in them, you just dont see any recent riders/champions (villopoto dungey etc) out freeriding...
Those movies were special because it was our heros growing up riding in them, you just dont see any recent riders/champions (villopoto dungey etc) out freeriding they are just all on the bicycle and pounding motos.i feel when ricky really stepped the game up all the playtime died with it. the few videos that pop up seem to just be fmx guys with the odd racer here and there.
That’s true. Carmichael ruined it for everyone. It was awesome to see the riders who were top professionals just out having a good time with regular joes in the dunes and jumping massive jumps like it was nothing. Could be my nostalgia. Could be my reminiscing. Could be technology. Could be the constant training nowadays. Either way, I think the 90s were amazing.
9/2/2018 12:07pm
Does anyone remember the movie with Motley crue playing kickstart my heart in the beginning?
Been serching for days...
9/2/2018 11:19pm
TDeath21 wrote:

These guys make decent money off YouTube views.. average $2-5 per 1000 views, plus endorsements and personal advertising.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
9/2/2018 11:46pm
We're living in a different era. We can only appreciate the nostalgia of those old videos.
9/3/2018 12:45am
MxFelix97 wrote:
Does anyone remember the movie with Motley crue playing kickstart my heart in the beginning?
The TP documentry 199 Lives
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/3/2018 2:27am
It’s the same as two strokes , they stopped making them because the public stopped buying them
JB500
9/3/2018 5:20am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
"I don't want a pickle ..."
.....I just wanna ride my.....
RedDragon
9/3/2018 5:46am
Question. What’s that movie with the opening scene has the song “ride like the wind” playing with everything in slomotion? And where can I get this movie?
9/3/2018 7:56am
MxFelix97 wrote:
The TP documentry 199 Lives
Thank you but not the one i was thinking of.
adamdf
9/3/2018 8:16am
One of my favorites was "Children of a Metal God"

Post a reply to: 90s MX Movies

The Latest