$90 for 2 laps Escore transponders.

huck
9/7/2017 5:48am
TXDirt wrote:
You got nothing to apologize for. Hopefully the "men" who decided to jump on their pedestals and sling arrows can also be man enough to apologize...
You got nothing to apologize for. Hopefully the "men" who decided to jump on their pedestals and sling arrows can also be man enough to apologize for being such a-holes for no good reason.
So now people need to apologize for telling the truth? Boo fucking hoo....

We've all said that it sucks that he got hurt, but for him to 'expect' the company to eat the cost, is dumb.
TXDirt
9/7/2017 6:09am
Good morning everybody. Huck's here.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
9/7/2017 6:37am
You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit...
You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.
"Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall."

So one race my son was in, the guy behind him tried to pass at the run up to the finish line jump.
landed on the back of my sons bike, broke the rear fender, and ass over elbows ensued.
The "Good ole fashioned score keepers" put the kid's position in front of my son. I went and asked
"How in the hell do you explain his tire marks on the back of my son's bike if he was in front?"
I'm told by them "we write down the results as we see them"
I'll take the transponder and the fee to eliminate that shit anytime.
Feel bad for you bro but 6 weeks is a long time to expect forgiveness with no penalty.
1 or 2 weeks and I'd have given you your money back just because but 6 weeks?
Just my 2 cents
BMR179
Fantasy
1240th
9/7/2017 6:40am
Yes you heard right, $90 to use a transponder for two laps in practice. Sign up Friday for Sat/Sun event. Pay for Friday "early" practice. $25...
Yes you heard right, $90 to use a transponder for two laps in practice.

Pay for Friday "early" practice. $25
Go ahead and pay $40 for use of transponder for the weekend plus the $100 deposit to avoid having to come back to the sign up tower Saturday morning to get it.
Crush leg 2 laps into Friday practice.
Straight to hospital in ambulance, transport to another hospital, transport again. 3 weeks in hospital, surgery, one week in hospital head home for the remaining hell that still continues 3 months later. (No weight on leg for 3 months beyond surgery, and now seeing nerve damage to top it off)

So my favorite part of this is,... when it comes to returning your transponder, each Monday that passes, they suck up $10 of your $100 deposit. I still havent touched/washed the bike three months after the crash. I am the dad who does all the work on bikes, pays for the trips, basically does it all, and although I was able to get a friend (one I trusted going into my locked trailer) to get the transponder for me, I still had to get chueffered around later to pay and ship it.
So they keep the $40 they charge to use it, and $50 of the deposit. $90 just to strap the thing on my bike? Can I at least get the laptime information from my 1st lap of practice? LOL

When tracks decide to do business with companies like this, it hurts the sport. No wonder rich people are the only ones left racing mx. It must all be big business nowdays. Someone has found a way to get rich off of transponders now.

Man, I hope you heal fast and get back to normal. That type of injury affects everything in your life and mentally is tough to get through.

Next time a track wants to charge an extra $40 to be scored, go somewhere else. That's BS and another expense driving up the cost for the customer.

The Shop

BAMX
9/7/2017 6:52am
JB 19 wrote:
Ruptured my achilles at the Red Bud regional in 2015 in the first moto. Was pulling out of the place early and the wife says, "did...
Ruptured my achilles at the Red Bud regional in 2015 in the first moto. Was pulling out of the place early and the wife says, "did you return the transponder?" !!!!!! Dizzy Part of me thought it was the least off my worries and the other part of me hobbled back to the trailer and hobbled up to sign up to return it.

I know how things like that escalate and didn't want it to turn into some crazy ordeal. I'm actually surprised you kept it for 5 weeks and were only charged 50$. I thought if they didn't get it back that weekend your 100$ was gone.

Sorry about your injuries, but you are being pretty unreasonable here. I'm sure that after a couple weeks they figured they would never see it again even though you said it was on its way. They've probably heard the story a hundred times.
It was the same type of deal for us at Mammoth this year. I was driving my buddy to the hospital with a dislocated shoulder (still out). As we drive by the check in, we see the "did you turn in your transponder sign". I jump out and cut the thing off so that he doesn't have another headache on top of his medical issues....problem solved.
9/7/2017 7:11am
cvm wrote:
Dude your missin the boat. This is America. Land of scum sue happy. "little arab poked a new hole in your hole"?? Sue the Fkn Hospital...
Dude your missin the boat. This is America. Land of scum sue happy. "little arab poked a new hole in your hole"??
Sue the Fkn Hospital and buy your own transponder Co,
Live happy after Smile
Speedy recovery to you sir.
LoL, dude I thought about it. Still do everytime i see the ole red after taking a dump. I even made an appointment with the ole proctologist so I could have an "expert witness" to testify about my damage. Its definitely something id rather just forget. At the time I couldn't believe it even while on the deladin (morphene) it was brutal.
9/7/2017 7:18am
RCF wrote:
Cheap transponders already exist we use them at local races here ,it's just a sticker that goes on your helmet and they usually last Life of...
Cheap transponders already exist we use them at local races here ,it's just a sticker that goes on your helmet and they usually last Life of your helmet they're $5.00
As far as your nerve damage the feeling will come back after a few months, been through this a few times.
Sure like the sounds of your post! Physical Therapist puts the tins unit on my anterior tibialis (big muscle that runs up the shin bone and lifts the foot up) and he cranks it up to nearly max (80), and the muscle doesnt respond at all. On my good leg the tins unit makes my muscle contract and foot lift at 40 on the dial. 3 months after surgery still have to keep the leg elevated or it swells and turns bright red instantly. Strange shit.
9/7/2017 8:47am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2017 8:57am
SPYGUY wrote:
Who loaded your stuff up?
Log Hopper wrote:
Valid question.
Buddies there racing and I am not sure who all else. I myself had been injected with Cetamene and had a bad reaction, or so they said. All i was seeing was a lazer light show until it wore off about the time we got to the er. It was like i was asleep but awake. Love that feeling.
9/7/2017 9:01am
RCF wrote:
Cheap transponders already exist we use them at local races here ,it's just a sticker that goes on your helmet and they usually last Life of...
Cheap transponders already exist we use them at local races here ,it's just a sticker that goes on your helmet and they usually last Life of your helmet they're $5.00
As far as your nerve damage the feeling will come back after a few months, been through this a few times.
Sure like the sounds of your post! Physical Therapist puts the tins unit on my anterior tibialis (big muscle that runs up the shin bone and...
Sure like the sounds of your post! Physical Therapist puts the tins unit on my anterior tibialis (big muscle that runs up the shin bone and lifts the foot up) and he cranks it up to nearly max (80), and the muscle doesnt respond at all. On my good leg the tins unit makes my muscle contract and foot lift at 40 on the dial. 3 months after surgery still have to keep the leg elevated or it swells and turns bright red instantly. Strange shit.
Let me suggest acupuncture for your swelling problem. I broke my foot pretty bad back in 1984. After I went back to work, it would swell up when I took my boots off after work. Back to normal the next morning. I had one acupuncture treatment and it has never swollen up again. Still hurts every day though. And I am glad you are getting better.
mx317
9/7/2017 9:02am
Buddies there racing and I am not sure who all else. I myself had been injected with Cetamene and had a bad reaction, or so they...
Buddies there racing and I am not sure who all else. I myself had been injected with Cetamene and had a bad reaction, or so they said. All i was seeing was a lazer light show until it wore off about the time we got to the er. It was like i was asleep but awake. Love that feeling.
Comfortably numb LOL
TomZ
Fantasy
4294th
9/7/2017 5:34pm
Hey Brightlights.... give Drew a call @ 724.288.6636

He is a good guy and will do the right thing. Maybe let the folks here know how things go.

Best wishes on healing up. Moto is a tough sport sometimes.
TXDirt
9/7/2017 6:20pm
TXDirt wrote:
You got nothing to apologize for. Hopefully the "men" who decided to jump on their pedestals and sling arrows can also be man enough to apologize...
You got nothing to apologize for. Hopefully the "men" who decided to jump on their pedestals and sling arrows can also be man enough to apologize for being such a-holes for no good reason.
huck wrote:
So now people need to apologize for telling the truth? Boo fucking hoo.... We've all said that it sucks that he got hurt, but for him...

We've all said that it sucks that he got hurt, but for him to 'expect' the company to eat the cost, is dumb.
No, I said a real man would apologize to a fellow Moto brother for being an asshole. I know that's hard to do. It's an interweb forum and you get to flex your muscles. No one expects you to apologize for being a smug miserable jerk.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
9/7/2017 6:45pm
TXDirt wrote:
huck wrote:
So now people need to apologize for telling the truth? Boo fucking hoo.... We've all said that it sucks that he got hurt, but for him...

TXDirt wrote:
No, I said a real man would apologize to a fellow Moto brother for being an asshole. I know that's hard to do. It's an interweb...
No, I said a real man would apologize to a fellow Moto brother for being an asshole. I know that's hard to do. It's an interweb forum and you get to flex your muscles. No one expects you to apologize for being a smug miserable jerk.
Woohoo

Post a reply to: $90 for 2 laps Escore transponders.

The Latest