$90 for 2 laps Escore transponders.

Related:
Create New Tag

9/6/2017 8:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 8:27 AM

Yes you heard right, $90 to use a transponder for two laps in practice.

Sign up Friday for Sat/Sun event.
Pay for Friday "early" practice. $25
Go ahead and pay $40 for use of transponder for the weekend plus the $100 deposit to avoid having to come back to the sign up tower Saturday morning to get it.
Crush leg 2 laps into Friday practice.
Straight to hospital in ambulance, transport to another hospital, transport again. 3 weeks in hospital, surgery, one week in hospital head home for the remaining hell that still continues 3 months later. (No weight on leg for 3 months beyond surgery, and now seeing nerve damage to top it off)

So my favorite part of this is,... when it comes to returning your transponder, each Monday that passes, they suck up $10 of your $100 deposit. I still havent touched/washed the bike three months after the crash. I am the dad who does all the work on bikes, pays for the trips, basically does it all, and although I was able to get a friend (one I trusted going into my locked trailer) to get the transponder for me, I still had to get chueffered around later to pay and ship it.
So they keep the $40 they charge to use it, and $50 of the deposit. $90 just to strap the thing on my bike? Can I at least get the laptime information from my 1st lap of practice? LOL

When tracks decide to do business with companies like this, it hurts the sport. No wonder rich people are the only ones left racing mx. It must all be big business nowdays. Someone has found a way to get rich off of transponders now.

|

9/6/2017 8:29 AM

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/6/2017 8:42 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

|

9/6/2017 8:44 AM

So I am guessing that you don't have any problem with the hospital charges. Maybe they gave you a refund for being a good dad? Did you vent on the hospital website? I guess your ambulance rides were all free except the last one that got you where you needed to go? Did you get your gate fees and practice fees back? Have you complained to the track owner? We all have issues when it comes to perceptions of how business is done in the world. So your favorite part of crashing your brains out, living in pain for months and not being able to work is $90? Did you contact Escore and explain your situation to them or did you just decide today that Vital was your solution? Maybe you should tweet it out to the world. That's what Trump does.

|

9/6/2017 8:50 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

True. I shouldn't be a dick. The transponder company should totally lose money, because you crashed and you're a dad that has to do the work on your bikes and pay for the trips. My apologies. I see the light now.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/6/2017 8:56 AM

The transponder probably retails for more than the $100 deposit. You gotta deter those things walking away and never coming back regardless of the circumstances.

|

9/6/2017 9:00 AM

I'm with brightlights.

The world is full of exceptions. People/companies can make life better for all concerned if they look at and try to accommodate the rare exception.

Next question: When did it become a thing for motocross people to criticize, bash find fault with every little concern a fellow motorcyclist has? This is a recurring event. Makes me want to ask all the bullies and negative nancy's: "Who pissed in your post toasties?".

|

9/6/2017 9:03 AM

Photo

|

9/6/2017 9:04 AM

dirtbikemike wrote:

So I am guessing that you don't have any problem with the hospital charges. Maybe they gave you a refund for being a good dad? Did you vent on the hospital website? I guess your ambulance rides were all free except the last one that got you where you needed to go? Did you get your gate fees and practice fees back? Have you complained to the track owner? We all have issues when it comes to perceptions of how business is done in the world. So your favorite part of crashing your brains out, living in pain for months and not being able to work is $90? Did you contact Escore and explain your situation to them or did you just decide today that Vital was your solution? Maybe you should tweet it out to the world. That's what Trump does.

Just pointing out how more of the costs are getting passed on from the track to the riders. Here you have bullshit refund policies by companies like escore and it hurts guys who are already hurting more than It hurts anyone else. As long as you guys are happy with it more and more people will just avoid the races due to increasing costs and everyone will keep asking why the sport is shrinking.
We wouldnt want to see tracks hire scorekeepers like we used to now would we?
Sign up fees havent gone down, but now the rider is supposed to pay to be scored on top of it..
The direction is bad, but yall keep advocating for it.

My bad, I shouldve read the refund policy first.

|

9/6/2017 9:04 AM

Bultaco wrote:

I'm with brightlights.

The world is full of exceptions. People/companies can make life better for all concerned if they look at and try to accommodate the rare exception.

Next question: When did it become a thing for motocross people to criticize, bash find fault with every little concern a fellow motorcyclist has? This is a recurring event. Makes me want to ask all the bullies and negative nancy's: "Who pissed in your post toasties?".

I guess it became a 'thing' about the same time it became a thing for motocross people to think that they are entitled to everything. Why do people think that they shouldn't have to follow the rules? And why do they think that companies are getting exponentially rich off of a $90 charge?

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/6/2017 9:10 AM

peelout wrote: Photo

Not torqued to spec, +1. Totally the tire company's fault.

|

9/6/2017 9:14 AM

brightlights wrote:

Just pointing out how more of the costs are getting passed on from the track to the riders. Here you have bullshit refund policies by companies like escore and it hurts guys who are already hurting more than It hurts anyone else. As long as you guys are happy with it more and more people will just avoid the races due to increasing costs and everyone will keep asking why the sport is shrinking.
We wouldnt want to see tracks hire scorekeepers like we used to now would we?
Sign up fees havent gone down, but now the rider is supposed to pay to be scored on top of it..
The direction is bad, but yall keep advocating for it.

My bad, I shouldve read the refund policy first.

You're bitching about 'costs' but want them to hire scorekeepers? Goodness, you haven't had much to do with race promoting, have you?

BTW, sucks you got hurt. Here's to a speedy recovery!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/6/2017 9:23 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

So their product sat unused and unrentable for them for that long and you expect them to eat the cost?

The $90 wasn't for the two laps, it was for the 6 weeks of rental. I'm pretty sure that your rental agreement doesn't include any per lap fees........

|

9/6/2017 9:23 AM

Man you all can't just let a guy vent a bit without climbing up on your pedestal first and then slinging your arrows. Aren't bikers supposed to be a sorta of fraternity of brothers?

The OP isn't asking for any resolution to the matter. He understands he's out the money.

His comment about the policy of the transponders sucks in some situations. Which it does.

You all would feel better if you stopped acting like miserable smug people all the time.

|

9/6/2017 9:24 AM

early wrote:

The transponder probably retails for more than the $100 deposit. You gotta deter those things walking away and never coming back regardless of the circumstances.

Yes indeed. Got to deter them walking off. I agree. I would think that companies involved in mx would have provisions for injured riders. They new I was injured, escore and I texted back and forth about my hospitalization. It was as if they understood, and new I was going to get it back to them as soon as I could get my hands on it. What they understood was, they were gonna get theirs no matter who got hurt etc.
Well, yall look at it how you wish, at least now more people might know how things work with escore, so they can plan on having an extra fist full of cash when they go to a race where escore is being used by the track.
Lets see $40 per rider × say 250 riders= $10,000
That'll pay for a hole boat load of score keepers.
Now lets add keeping $50 of the deposit for each rider who got hurt and cant get to their bike, LOL, just kidding on that part, but one can see how the escore nonsense just ads to the cost of mx.

|

9/6/2017 9:26 AM

TXDirt wrote:

Man you all can't just let a guy vent a bit without climbing up on your pedestal first and then slinging your arrows. Aren't bikers supposed to be a sorta of fraternity of brothers?

The OP isn't asking for any resolution to the matter. He understands he's out the money.

His comment about the policy of the transponders sucks in some situations. Which it does.

You all would feel better if you stopped acting like miserable smug people all the time.

Yep. Well said.

|

9/6/2017 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 9:29 AM

So let's do the math here. The original rental price was $40 for 2 days, so $20 per day.

You kept the transponder for 5 weeks, so 35 days, for $90, or $2.57 per day.

Pretty good deal if you ask me. Remember, Escore cannot rent a transponder that's sitting on your bike to someone else, so they're losing $40 rental fee each week. It sucks for you that you got hurt, but it's part of the game. I wish you a speedy recovery.

|

9/6/2017 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 9:30 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

APLMAN99 wrote:

So their product sat unused and unrentable for them for that long and you expect them to eat the cost?

The $90 wasn't for the two laps, it was for the 6 weeks of rental. I'm pretty sure that your rental agreement doesn't include any per lap fees........

I suppose the product sitting used and unrentable must have indeed represented that additional $50 cost to escore. Ok then. Can I get the $40 usage charge back since I didn't use it? I was not scored in a race.

|

9/6/2017 9:30 AM

If they kept $50 of your deposit I can assume it took you 5 weeks to return it?

Did you ever reach out the company in the first week or so to explain your situation? No wife, girlfriend, family, kid, or anyone else could help you get this cared for within a reasonable time..........a couple days, two weeks max.

Do you think it's fair this company was not able to make any money off this transponder during this time?

|

9/6/2017 9:35 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

huck wrote:

True. I shouldn't be a dick. The transponder company should totally lose money, because you crashed and you're a dad that has to do the work on your bikes and pay for the trips. My apologies. I see the light now.

Seeing as how 90 bucks is nothing to you, send it to me. Heck, as high as you seem to be rolling, just send me 90 every day. It's just money for nothing in return, something you argue you are absolutely cool with.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/6/2017 9:35 AM

huck wrote:

How is this the track's (or anybody but your) fault?

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

huck wrote:

True. I shouldn't be a dick. The transponder company should totally lose money, because you crashed and you're a dad that has to do the work on your bikes and pay for the trips. My apologies. I see the light now.

Seeing as how 90 bucks is nothing to you, send it to me. Heck, as high as you seem to be rolling, just send me 90 every day. It's just money for nothing in return, something you argue you are absolutely cool with.

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

9/6/2017 9:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 9:46 AM

Sheriff245 wrote:

So let's do the math here. The original rental price was $40 for 2 days, so $20 per day.

You kept the transponder for 5 weeks, so 35 days, for $90, or $2.57 per day.

Pretty good deal if you ask me. Remember, Escore cannot rent a transponder that's sitting on your bike to someone else, so they're losing $40 rental fee each week. It sucks for you that you got hurt, but it's part of the game. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I didnt use it. I wasnt scored in the race. I wasnt in the race. So where does the $40 useage fee go? I understand the deposit policy, but think any company involved in mx should have some flexibility when it comes to injured riders. Hospitalized ya know. Figuring the weekly cost on an unreturned transponder would take a crystal ball, unless escore showed up at a race and truly didnt have enough transponders to do the job. Then there would be an obvious cost. I also realize we are splitting hairs at this point and it is trivial, but in principal it is bad business to unecessarily increase costs associated with a motorsport.

250 RIDERS × $20 PER DAY TRANSPONDER = $5000
IF YOU WANTED TO HAVE 5 SCOREKEEPERS YOU COULD PAY THEM $1000 EACH. DO YOU KNOW ANYBODY WHO WOULD KEEP SCORE FOR $1000 A DAY?
OR,... WE PAY 4 PEOPLE $150 A DAY TO KEEP SCORE, WHICH IS $600 AND IF WE NEED TO CHARGE THE RIDERS TO COVER THAT COST $600/250 RIDERS IS LESS THAN $2.50 PER RIDER.

RATHER USE ESCORE? OK FINE LOL

LET EVERYONE WHO IS COMING TO YOUR RACE KNOW TO BRING EXTRA MONEY

|

9/6/2017 9:45 AM

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

huck wrote:

True. I shouldn't be a dick. The transponder company should totally lose money, because you crashed and you're a dad that has to do the work on your bikes and pay for the trips. My apologies. I see the light now.

gt80rider wrote:

Seeing as how 90 bucks is nothing to you, send it to me. Heck, as high as you seem to be rolling, just send me 90 every day. It's just money for nothing in return, something you argue you are absolutely cool with.

Posting it twice, doesn't make it any better of a post....

Where did I say that $90 is 'nothing' to me?

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

9/6/2017 9:45 AM

brightlights wrote:

You're right if you look no further than your arm can reach, and I am not here to place blame on anything other than a deposit refund policy that is not very user freindly in a motocross setting. I.e. where people actually get hurt and cant jump right on a transponder return. Crashing was my fault. Last i checked it is part of motocross. My point is,.......look what else has become a part of motocross. $90 for 2 laps if you crash and need surgery and are unable to get to your bike. Good ole fashioned score keepers seem to work fine afterall. And you're just enjoying being a dick which probably makes you feel like you have some sort of value.

APLMAN99 wrote:

So their product sat unused and unrentable for them for that long and you expect them to eat the cost?

The $90 wasn't for the two laps, it was for the 6 weeks of rental. I'm pretty sure that your rental agreement doesn't include any per lap fees........

brightlights wrote:

I suppose the product sitting used and unrentable must have indeed represented that additional $50 cost to escore. Ok then. Can I get the $40 usage charge back since I didn't use it? I was not scored in a race.

If you rent a car in Vegas but don't drive it other than to the hotel and back to the airport, do you get a refund of the 5 days it sat in the hotel parking lot?

From personal experience, the answer is "no".

The additional rental is their loss of potential income from it. I rent equipment constantly. I pay by the day, week, or month whether I actually use the equipment the entire time or not. Otherwise, they rental company could potentially be renting that equipment out to another customer rather than simply having it sit next to my shop.

Common sense doesn't appear to be as common as you'd think.......

|

9/6/2017 9:52 AM

Hello Vital! Haven't been here in weeks and this is the first thread I click on. Lmao!
I'll just add that you really didn't need the transponder for Friday practice. So if you would have waited for Saturday's race signups you wouldn't have been in this predicament. Hope ya get healed up and back on the track soon.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.



9/6/2017 9:52 AM

moto589 wrote:

If they kept $50 of your deposit I can assume it took you 5 weeks to return it?

Did you ever reach out the company in the first week or so to explain your situation? No wife, girlfriend, family, kid, or anyone else could help you get this cared for within a reasonable time..........a couple days, two weeks max.

Do you think it's fair this company was not able to make any money off this transponder during this time?

The company and i did talk yes. We texted. They knew I was going to get it back to them asap. No girlfriend at this time thanks. I have kids too young to drive that could have gotten a ride to my house, gotten into the trailer, and then perhaps given it to my ex wife with whom they live to ship back. When I looked at that possibility i decided to handle it as soon as i got out of the hospital. It took 5 weeks. Sucks for me. I miss scorekeepers.

|

9/6/2017 9:55 AM

Does this track actually not have people scoring along with the transponders? I know even with them around here they still need to have a couple real people doing scoring along with the Transponders.

|

well we ain't the smartest folks in the world...i mean we're fucking dirtbike riders for christ sakes.- BobbyM

If you chose not to decide you still have made a chioce.



9/6/2017 10:03 AM

Who loaded your stuff up?

|

9/6/2017 10:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/6/2017 10:11 AM

dirtbikemike wrote:

So I am guessing that you don't have any problem with the hospital charges. Maybe they gave you a refund for being a good dad? Did you vent on the hospital website? I guess your ambulance rides were all free except the last one that got you where you needed to go? Did you get your gate fees and practice fees back? Have you complained to the track owner? We all have issues when it comes to perceptions of how business is done in the world. So your favorite part of crashing your brains out, living in pain for months and not being able to work is $90? Did you contact Escore and explain your situation to them or did you just decide today that Vital was your solution? Maybe you should tweet it out to the world. That's what Trump does.

Naw Mike I didnt have a problem with any of that stuff, except for being charged for an enima that the little Indian or Pakistani nurse missed my asshole and stuck the straw in through a new hole that she made. True story. That part I have complained about in the hospitals web portal. I have been told they would look into the matter, but no one has taken a look at the damage yet. Maybe it is a middle eastern ritual or somethin
Yeh me and escore communicated through the whole deal the whole time. They knew it was coming. I was pretty bummed I didnt get to use the transponder, but paid $40 to use it, and then found it very non MX like to have to pay $50 out of my deposit because they had to live without it for 5 weeks. Maybe it costs them that much, forgive me if it does, but when it comes to perceptions of how business gets done (to use your words) in the mx world, all I can say is I wouldve handled THIS instance differently if I was escore. Trump is gonna build a wall and tracks are gonna stop using escore.

|

9/6/2017 10:10 AM

Cygnus wrote:

Hello Vital! Haven't been here in weeks and this is the first thread I click on. Lmao!
I'll just add that you really didn't need the transponder for Friday practice. So if you would have waited for Saturday's race signups you wouldn't have been in this predicament. Hope ya get healed up and back on the track soon.

YES! Yu damn right man!

|