9 riders in for mx2 Indonesia

Bearuno
6/24/2022 3:56am
mx313 wrote:
I'm not 100% upto date with all the mxgp stuff. But I thought the indo mxgp the closest one to aus. Aus riders were often wildcards...
I'm not 100% upto date with all the mxgp stuff.
But I thought the indo mxgp the closest one to aus. Aus riders were often wildcards from the memory of those riders competing that year. I didn't think there had been many mxgps in Indonesia and then they stopped with covid.
Yes, Indonesia is the closest to OZ.

2017 - the one, Pangkal Pinang.

2018 - 2 - the Indonesian and Asian GPs, at Palembang and Semarang, a week apart.

2019 - 2 - Pangkal Pinang and Semarang.

Before those, in the late 90s / early 2000s - more, but I did not go to them.

When they are Not giving proper / real travel assistance to the MXGP / MX2 'regulars', you can bet your arse they are not giving out 'start money' etc to 'in area' Riders and Teams.

Luongo is :

And, a bloody stupid one at that. The damage he does to MXGP, while lining his pockets, is immense.
CPR
6/24/2022 4:03am
AMERICAN MOTOCROSS IS THE NUMBER ONE MOTOCROSS SERIES FOR 2022
CPR wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL SUPERIOR?
Sully wrote:
In my mind, he tore off his shirt Hulkamania style right after he typed that.
🤣👍
jemcee
6/24/2022 4:46am
I’m a diehard MXGP fan but I may just skip this round. This is embarrassing. Can I really be bothered to get up at 5am to...
I’m a diehard MXGP fan but I may just skip this round. This is embarrassing. Can I really be bothered to get up at 5am to watch 13 riders.
I mean you don't have to get up to watch it live, you could watch it whenever ya want.. But I get your point haha
6/24/2022 4:54am
I’m a diehard MXGP fan but I may just skip this round. This is embarrassing. Can I really be bothered to get up at 5am to...
I’m a diehard MXGP fan but I may just skip this round. This is embarrassing. Can I really be bothered to get up at 5am to watch 13 riders.
jemcee wrote:
I mean you don't have to get up to watch it live, you could watch it whenever ya want.. But I get your point haha
I normally would but ever since they changed the website, for me, the replays have been a bit hit or miss.

The Shop

yota
6/24/2022 5:03am
NorCal1975 wrote:
9 total riders and 4 riders are locals? That means only 5 from the "factory" teams? That can't be right can it? Also why don't the...
9 total riders and 4 riders are locals? That means only 5 from the "factory" teams? That can't be right can it? Also why don't the GPs ever just go to Australia? Its just about as far as Indonesia if I have my geography right.

And from the US side of the ocean most of these flyaway races do make the world championship look silly (except Argentina), which is too bad because the top 10-15 riders in both classes are really fast as we all know. It is a joke a local rider could earn 20 championship points on the day just for showing up.

Also, Oman in September? Are they racing those motos at 2am? Otherwise there will be a bunch of riders not finishing the races, it will be that hot. The average high in September is like 97F with high humidity if they are racing near the coast. The heat index is around 120F during the hottest part of the day.

Hi Mate We had a promoter here try and get a GP to Aus (Perth) a few years ago and the cost was astronomical. The last...
Hi Mate

We had a promoter here try and get a GP to Aus (Perth) a few years ago and the cost was astronomical.

The last I heard was that he was going to the GOVT for some funding and thats the last I heard of it and hes a very good promoter who has brought world class guys here each year for the Manjimup 15000

There is a thread here somewhere on it I believe, the GP, not Manji.

Matt
DeStouwer wrote:
I think almost every GP has to count on political or local funding. I know this is the case for Lommel aswell.
that explains why there is no GP in Japan.
Mr. Afterbar
6/24/2022 7:38am
Luongo's greed destroying the MXGP series a little more each year. Can't wait til the teams have finally had enough and push back. If I was spending a ridiculous amount of money to do fly away races with 15 riders and a few thousand fans just so Luongo can line his pockets, they'd never hear the end of it.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/24/2022 8:25am
Sawfish wrote:
What the hell is a wildcard?

I’m still going to watch. Nothing else to watch this weekend.
Brent wrote:
A Wild Card entry is someone who does not normally race the entire series. EMX 250 series racers that race MX2 on off weekends are considered...
A Wild Card entry is someone who does not normally race the entire series.

EMX 250 series racers that race MX2 on off weekends are considered Wild Card Entries.

But I am guessing that the Wild Card entries for this weekend will not be even close in skill or speed of the regulars.

How many times will they get lapped, and will they be in the way?

Im really curious exactly how Paul Malin will present this race in a positive light?
Part of being far slower than the top guys is that you're not in the way for very long. WinkCool
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1071st
6/24/2022 8:35am
mx313 wrote:
I'm not 100% upto date with all the mxgp stuff. But I thought the indo mxgp the closest one to aus. Aus riders were often wildcards...
I'm not 100% upto date with all the mxgp stuff.
But I thought the indo mxgp the closest one to aus. Aus riders were often wildcards from the memory of those riders competing that year. I didn't think there had been many mxgps in Indonesia and then they stopped with covid.
Bearuno wrote:
Yes, Indonesia is the closest to OZ. 2017 - the one, Pangkal Pinang. 2018 - 2 - the Indonesian and Asian GPs, at Palembang and Semarang...
Yes, Indonesia is the closest to OZ.

2017 - the one, Pangkal Pinang.

2018 - 2 - the Indonesian and Asian GPs, at Palembang and Semarang, a week apart.

2019 - 2 - Pangkal Pinang and Semarang.

Before those, in the late 90s / early 2000s - more, but I did not go to them.

When they are Not giving proper / real travel assistance to the MXGP / MX2 'regulars', you can bet your arse they are not giving out 'start money' etc to 'in area' Riders and Teams.

Luongo is :

And, a bloody stupid one at that. The damage he does to MXGP, while lining his pockets, is immense.

Sawfish
6/24/2022 9:42am
I’ve never seen a picture of Luongo on a dirt bike. How did his family begin to run the GP’s? Where did they come from?
6/24/2022 10:24am
Sawfish wrote:
I’ve never seen a picture of Luongo on a dirt bike. How did his family begin to run the GP’s? Where did they come from?
Here you go:

source (Vital)
Sawfish
6/24/2022 10:59am
Here you go: [img]https://cdn.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2008/08/080508ys2.jpg[/img] [url=https://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Motocross-and-Giuseppe-Luongo-25-Years-Together-and-Many-More-To-Come,3624]source (Vital)[/url]
Here you go:

source (Vital)
Interesting read, thanks!
Sc2
6/24/2022 11:03am
From last season to this (not just mx2) I rapidly losing interest

Ama is blowing this shite out the water
larsen
6/25/2022 12:09pm
I can see two sides of this.
If they gather a 10000+ crowd to watch, then maybe there will be an Indonesian World Champion in ten years. Since the interest and inspiration from our side of the world are diminishing with these skeleton GP's, there will be maybe a 50 to one ratio of talented riders whose career starts by watching a GP in Indonesia.

The other side is my personal: I've had enough! Won't be paying a dime to watch next year. The highlights will be free to watch on youtube, hopefully they won't be as boring as this charade.
early
Fantasy
2139th
6/25/2022 12:54pm
larsen wrote:
I can see two sides of this. If they gather a 10000+ crowd to watch, then maybe there will be an Indonesian World Champion in ten...
I can see two sides of this.
If they gather a 10000+ crowd to watch, then maybe there will be an Indonesian World Champion in ten years. Since the interest and inspiration from our side of the world are diminishing with these skeleton GP's, there will be maybe a 50 to one ratio of talented riders whose career starts by watching a GP in Indonesia.

The other side is my personal: I've had enough! Won't be paying a dime to watch next year. The highlights will be free to watch on youtube, hopefully they won't be as boring as this charade.
Average yearly income in Indonesia is $10,000, mxgp streaming price is over $100 a year. Hard to get people interested with those economics, which is very very unfortunate.
mxxxeR1
6/25/2022 1:00pm
A motorcross gp in Indonesië is just as stupid as if you organized the super bowl here in amsterdam.....
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
6/28/2022 3:43pm
They say there were 40,000 spectators there. (So, it's probably more like 15,000. By the photos, there were lots of people, though.)

And congratulations to Indonesian Delvintor Alfarizi for scoring 9th overall with 10/9 finishes. His best moto 1 laptime was only 15 seconds off race winner Tom Vialle's. He was only 11 seconds off in the second moto (and faster than he was in the first, no less!)
Brent
6/28/2022 6:38pm
I thought the track looked pretty good for a new venue. A little silty but overall it wasn't the worst track they have raced on in MXGP.

I was surprised that so many race fans showed up, it looked like it had a lot more spectators than the last MXGP they ran at Glen Helen...

Maybe they have something good here after all, now they have to find a way to get more riders there, especially MX2.
cappelmans
6/29/2022 4:28am
Seeing less than half of the gates filled does a lot of reputation/credibility damage to the series that no amount of money can fix.

Post a reply to: 9 riders in for mx2 Indonesia

The Latest