9 riders in for mx2 Indonesia

Related:
Create New Tag

6/23/2022 1:04 AM

MxVice's Lewis Phillips sent a tweet out saying only 9 riders in for the mx2 class of the Indonesian GP this weekend. This series needs a serious shake up before it's too late... Photo

|

6/23/2022 1:37 AM

In previous years they have had 4-5 aussie wildcards there this year there's none. And I don't think there is any local riders

|

6/23/2022 2:01 AM

mx313 wrote:

In previous years they have had 4-5 aussie wildcards there this year there's none. And I don't think there is any local riders ...more

There are 4 local riders

|

6/23/2022 2:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2022 2:15 AM

Too bad van Nobelen is not in Indonesia this year... He could have scored two top10s... But he has aged out anyway. sad

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

6/23/2022 2:14 AM

And they're only there to clean the other riders boots.

|

6/23/2022 2:21 AM

Btw. Why do we have in these times stupid ammount of stupid venues (oman, turkey, indonesia x2) and yet there is no round in japan for more than a decade? There might have been at least big number of wild cards.

|

6/23/2022 2:29 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

Btw. Why do we have in these times stupid ammount of stupid venues (oman, turkey, indonesia x2) and yet there is no round in ...more

Because Infront doesn't give a F about riders or teams.

|

6/23/2022 2:32 AM

9 riders? I might have to come out of retirement! laughing

|

6/23/2022 2:34 AM

Cortami79 wrote:

Because Infront doesn't give a F about riders or teams.

Time for riders and teams to just say a big fuck you to Infront instead and just go race the national championships.

|

6/23/2022 2:39 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

Are you under 23 yo? w00t

|

6/23/2022 4:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2022 4:16 AM

mx313 wrote:

In previous years they have had 4-5 aussie wildcards there this year there's none. And I don't think there is any local riders ...more

mx313 , That was about 2 decades (well, probably more) ago, when some would get assistance / start money. I don't think there's been an OZ or Kiwi rider at any of the recent GPs.

To all : You'd think that F**kwit Luongo would catch onto how bad it looks, but no, he just pockets the money he gets from whoever he can, and there's a fair few 'money streams' he keeps for Himself / Infront.

There's talk of a loop through Indo, Malaysia and Thailand next year, perhaps as many as 4 GPs (2 in one country, Malaysia I think), next year.

Maybe, this plan might be what has the Manufacturers / Teams / Riders finally go; well You want that, You pay for it!

Such a 'loop' would be mind blowingly expensive, with a Lot of time away from Team bases, that would multiply expenses Hugely.

I'm not like so many here that think races shouldn't be in Asia - they are Massive markets, that absolutely dwarf the 'main' markets. People say that MXers / Dirt Bikes are not sold in big numbers in these markets, but it's about Brand Marketing- and the massive sales that can come from it . You think the Manufacturers do, say, SX from the sales of their MXers / Dirt Bikes - well, if it were just from that, they wouldn't do it - same for MXGP, MotoGP, etc etc. All racing at high levels is about Selling Of The Brand. Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand accounted for at least 7 million two wheeler sales in 2021 - well, more I'd think. Indonesia alone, just over 5 Million. And on 'bikes' that, through economies of scale, have serious percentage on unit profits - far, far more than our 'serious' bikes.

But, Luongo / Infront Should be providing Real Levels of financial assistance to Riders and Teams, if he / they are going to have these 'fly away' races.

Yet, he / they keep all the money they get from Monster (who damn well near 'own' most of Motorcycle Racing, it seems) and other Series Sponsors, the substantial ( to put it mildly) Event Rights charges , and the high entry fees extorted from Teams and Riders.

The Bastards have been bleeding the Sport dry, for Decades now.

We need to be rid of Luongo, and those of his ilk, but how? He / Infront 'owns' the MXGPs until, or well past, 2030.

Yet, somehow the Sport survives this hideous level of predation. I take that as a (thin) glimmer of hope - that it is strong enough to survive, while these F**king Vampires feed off it.

|

6/23/2022 4:16 AM

Move the race to India...the guys may be a bit inexperienced but at least the gate will be full with sell out spectators.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/23/2022 4:23 AM

The LIV professional golf circuit bankrolled by Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth needs to start a new series based in Europe and Saudi Arabia only. Luongo is sucking the life out of the current series.

|

Non Gratum Anus Rodentum

6/23/2022 4:34 AM

The series is on its ass big time. Why is nothing being done before its to late, ama is where its at right now imo

|

6/23/2022 4:52 AM

mx313 wrote:

Bearuno wrote: mx313 , That was about 2 decades (well, probably more) ago, when some would get assistance / start money. I don't think ...more

Jay Wilson, Aaron Tanti and Caleb Ward raced in Indonesia in 2017, there's been a few other Aussie guys since them but I haven't heard of them outside of the Indonesia GPs

|

6/23/2022 4:55 AM

So what that other poster said in the other thread about beating the local riders and hoping one of the regulars has a DNF to get a top ten no longer needs to happen. Just need to beat the local riders. Honestly if I was fitter I would probably be doing just about everything in my power to go right now lmao. Too late now but if I heard about this earlier I'd probably be telling a few guys to do it.

|

6/23/2022 5:03 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

Last Braaap wrote:

Photo
|

6/23/2022 5:12 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

I can't even be arsed to watch, just gonna go to Cusses and see some proper racing haha

|

6/23/2022 5:25 AM

Mucktub wrote:

And they're only there to clean the other riders boots.

I thought the guy on here took care of that…laughing

|

6/23/2022 5:33 AM

Someone started a topic on the travel costs of 48k to do 1 GP in indonesia for standing construct.

To put that in perspective, that kind of money would be more then enough to do ALL European rounds in MX2 if added to an existing EMX250 budget.

I understand that Standing construct isnt going to spend money on getting an emx250 rider in mx2, but to me it shows the absurdity of how much money is being burned on this.

And for what? The only reason can only be Infront making loads of money.

|

6/23/2022 5:44 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

Btw. Why do we have in these times stupid ammount of stupid venues (oman, turkey, indonesia x2) and yet there is no round in ...more

Photo
|

6/23/2022 5:47 AM

mx313 wrote:

Bearuno wrote: mx313 , That was about 2 decades (well, probably more) ago, when some would get assistance / start money. I don't think ...more

Great response.

You probably spent more time typing that than Infront or Luongo have spent thinking about the issue.

|

6/23/2022 5:51 AM

What a joke. I’d love to see the top riders treat this race like the piss take that it is. Ride the whole race like goons, pop wheelies and maybe even let a local win. As a fan of Mxgp it’s embarrassing to see 9 riders on a 40 rider start gate.

|

6/23/2022 6:15 AM

mx313 wrote:

Juck wrote:

Jay Wilson, Aaron Tanti and Caleb Ward raced in Indonesia in 2017, there's been a few other Aussie guys since them but I ...more

You're right - All in MX2. The best results for our OZ based riders was 12th OA, for Ward, with a 32nd in the 1st moto, and 7th in the 2nd moto. Jay and Tanti each got into the points in one moto, each with a 20th. Kyle Webster was there, too.

I was there, but, to be quite honest, I didn't notice much of them. I'm a bad man, I guess.......

There was a good amount of regular MX2 and MXGP riders there ( something like 28 in MX2, 22 in MXGP). Hunter Lawrence got 23rd in the first moto, then 16th in the second for 23rd OA.

If there were any Ozzies at the other subsequent Indo GPs (all) I've been to, I didn't notice them.

Simpson won the one Indonesian MXGP Moto in '17, and the GP, due to the quagmire. It was a bit of a silly mistake building a track below the islands water table, with a near guaranteed monsoon like rain expected, I think.

It was the first GP I got my GF to go to, bribing her with a very , very nice Bungalow / Mansion by the Sea. She had a great time, despite the horrendous conditions, and has developed a taste for the GPs - previously, she had buggerall interest in them. I / We would have gone to this one this weekend, but, she put her foot down, saying if I was 'wilting' under our winter 'heat', I'd probably cark it in Indonesia. And, she probably isn't wrong........

|

6/23/2022 7:29 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

It was recently talked about on a podcast that Honda and others want to go to Indonesia and these other countries because they sell so many scooters and things like that. Kinda wild to hear that.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, Simi Valley Cycles, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, Mika Metals

6/23/2022 8:39 AM

scott_nz wrote:

There are 4 local riders

9 total riders and 4 riders are locals? That means only 5 from the "factory" teams? That can't be right can it? Also why don't the GPs ever just go to Australia? Its just about as far as Indonesia if I have my geography right.

And from the US side of the ocean most of these flyaway races do make the world championship look silly (except Argentina), which is too bad because the top 10-15 riders in both classes are really fast as we all know. It is a joke a local rider could earn 20 championship points on the day just for showing up.

Also, Oman in September? Are they racing those motos at 2am? Otherwise there will be a bunch of riders not finishing the races, it will be that hot. The average high in September is like 97F with high humidity if they are racing near the coast. The heat index is around 120F during the hottest part of the day.

|

6/23/2022 8:39 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

It was recently talked about on a podcast that Honda and others want to go to Indonesia and these other countries because they ...more

The reality is the countries pay a shit ton of money to the promoter to come to boost tourism or other notable highlights like TV coverage etc. No way the factories dictate where the series go.

|

Facebook.com/8tensolutions
Twitter and Instagram @8tensolutions

6/23/2022 8:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/23/2022 8:50 AM

Last Braaap wrote:

Shit, there was something right. I first thought about going over there to score my first top 10th, then I realised I'm old and also don't have 30k for a special weekend.. :D

|

6/23/2022 8:52 AM

Juck wrote:

So what that other poster said in the other thread about beating the local riders and hoping one of the regulars has a DNF to ...more

I know I'd sure like to have a top-10 MX2 finish on my resume. Doubt I could beat every single non-GP competitor on the track at 51, but there's a good chance I could if the locals are all as talented as I think they are. (But there's bound to be some last-minute fly-ins, right? Maybe a truly fast local or two? Maybe I'd end up in 15th or something? Still awesome!)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/23/2022 9:19 AM

ProbablyDave wrote:

Last Braaap wrote:

Oh absolutely!

Photo

|