87 125's huge power!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/13/2017 3:56 AM

At the 87 des nations it rained for days and they still used screw u! Anyone got a 87 RM 125 cheater for sale?

|

8/13/2017 4:08 AM

Could someone interpret this for me?

|

8/13/2017 4:29 AM

He is calling all those in charge of making the decision to not use the "screw u" hill at 'Dilla yesterday in the 2nd motos pussys because they used it in the Mudder of '87. He doesn't realize it's not 1987 anymore and that was a TV decision most likely and not a concern about the bikes making it up/down.

|

8/13/2017 4:44 AM

Huckster wrote:

He is calling all those in charge of making the decision to not use the "screw u" hill at 'Dilla yesterday in the 2nd motos pussys because they used it in the Mudder of '87. He doesn't realize it's not 1987 anymore and that was a TV decision most likely and not a concern about the bikes making it up/down.

Thank you, sir!

|

8/13/2017 4:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 5:02 AM

Huckster wrote:

He is calling all those in charge of making the decision to not use the "screw u" hill at 'Dilla yesterday in the 2nd motos pussys because they used it in the Mudder of '87. He doesn't realize it's not 1987 anymore and that was a TV decision most likely and not a concern about the bikes making it up/down.

Harry Backmon wrote:

Thank you, sir!

Just a tip, but in the future, he may just want to come out and say it. Really no need to be speaking in code.

Edit: and yes, I had an '87 CR125 and that bastard was a powerhouse. It pulled my 185 lb ass around with ease. Wish I had it back.

|

8/13/2017 5:32 AM

north311, is 100% correct.

They shouldn't have cut it out.

|

8/13/2017 6:45 AM

Langston said during the broadcast that the problem was not going up, it was coming down that they were gaining speed while on the brakes...

|

8/13/2017 7:29 AM

brocster wrote:

Langston said during the broadcast that the problem was not going up, it was coming down that they were gaining speed while on the brakes...

Must've been the better brakes and tires they had back then, then!

|

8/13/2017 7:45 AM

Huckster wrote:

He is calling all those in charge of making the decision to not use the "screw u" hill at 'Dilla yesterday in the 2nd motos pussys because they used it in the Mudder of '87. He doesn't realize it's not 1987 anymore and that was a TV decision most likely and not a concern about the bikes making it up/down.

Harry Backmon wrote:

Thank you, sir!

downard254 wrote:

Just a tip, but in the future, he may just want to come out and say it. Really no need to be speaking in code.

Edit: and yes, I had an '87 CR125 and that bastard was a powerhouse. It pulled my 185 lb ass around with ease. Wish I had it back.

I had one too! Also had the 86. The 86 motor was brutal down low and revved out pretty good, but the 87 I think had a better spread of power for the faster guys. Not as strong down low, but spread out really nice. Both were great motors - just depended on your riding ability. However, the 86 forks could NOT TOUCH the 87 forks! Night and day difference.

|

8/13/2017 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/13/2017 8:58 AM

If you want to say they shouldn't have cut out screw U because they used in in 87 why end it there? Why not let the track get rough like when bikes had 10" of bad travel . Stop grooming it to be a Nascar track? Ever see the hill before Screw U in 1980? Riders weren't banging gears sweeping the outside sitting on the seat.
Racing is racing and I love the sport then and now. I just don't get why affirmative action needs to trickle down to mx. Meeting chsllanges is what made US riders a dominate force from a time they were back markers to rest of the world

I get its for TV, but I'll never get used to Nationals racing on Saturdsy

|

8/13/2017 9:39 AM

Shit, when did they run 2nd Motos? I stayed till about 4 when they called it off for the second time

|