800 801 qualifying Top 22... Well done brothers. Ten plus years later.

Clutchy
Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 9:56pm
Pretty impressive Alessi brothers..... hope you both put it in the main again and finish well....... what a long strange trip it's been. Congrats.
|
Huevos
2/13/2016 7:16pm
I hope RV is there to shine a laser in Jeff's eyes tonight.
nytsmaC
2/13/2016 7:20pm
I hope Jeff makes the main, it's inspiring to see how far he's come from where he was a few short years ago. He must be doing the right things. Hard to not be happy for the guy, it looks like he's turned his life around.
KTMShane699
2/13/2016 8:21pm
Huevos wrote:
Just can't let a stupid mistake go? We've all done stupid things. Good thing most of us learn from them (like Jeff) and people eventually stop holding them against you. Forgive, but don't forget. Let it go.
Clutchy
2/14/2016 6:00am
Huevos wrote:
Or maybe he could just chuck a tire in their instead.....?

The Shop

Clutchy
2/14/2016 6:11am
The team and their riders are obviously doing something right. Every single week. Hard work, learning from their mistakes, dedicated, supported and more hard work. All while being criticized and put down in broadcasts.They continue to get great results and I again congratulate the whole team on that. Jeff is doing great Mike and Vince are doing better then most expected..... much.
YamaLink
2/14/2016 6:37am
I don't think Mike and Vince are doing better than expected, but Jeff sure is quietly doing the work and going home safe with no drama.
plowboy
2/14/2016 7:54am
Well chuffed for the brothers...and the Hahn bros as well. Pretty cool.
Firefly47
2/14/2016 8:09am
And 10 years ago we were told these 2 were going to dominate the sport for a decade. How'd all that work out?
Clutchy
2/14/2016 8:43am
Firefly47 wrote:
And 10 years ago we were told these 2 were going to dominate the sport for a decade. How'd all that work out?
Firefly is it...? Your response is juvenile. Your opinion = biased based thinking. It's ignorant at best. . Who's " we "...? I wasn't told anything. Who said anything about Jeff Alessi dominating the sport for ten years...? Who are those people and where are they now....? As far as how'd it all work out, well in my opinion they both just made the main event AGAIN at the biggest dirt bike race going anywhere in the world this week in the biggest and the most prestigious series for dirt bikes anywhere in the world. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say IT"S WORKED OUT pretty ferkin good, because god knows they've had to do it with every narrow minded dirt bike hating aficionado hanging on their backs.
Moto520
2/14/2016 9:00am
Hell yeah. Good to see them both out there. Respect to both
MHR401
2/14/2016 4:28pm
Alessi???? Who???? Believe the hype???
fins227
2/14/2016 5:21pm
Both great riders! Even better guys.
Celine
2/14/2016 5:56pm
Firefly47 wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
Firefly is it...? Your response is juvenile. Your opinion = biased based thinking. It's ignorant at best. . Who's " we "...? I wasn't told anything...
Firefly is it...? Your response is juvenile. Your opinion = biased based thinking. It's ignorant at best. . Who's " we "...? I wasn't told anything. Who said anything about Jeff Alessi dominating the sport for ten years...? Who are those people and where are they now....? As far as how'd it all work out, well in my opinion they both just made the main event AGAIN at the biggest dirt bike race going anywhere in the world this week in the biggest and the most prestigious series for dirt bikes anywhere in the world. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say IT"S WORKED OUT pretty ferkin good, because god knows they've had to do it with every narrow minded dirt bike hating aficionado hanging on their backs.
How can their results in supercross be construed as success?

They get lapped.

This is pro sports. If it were me or my kid, I'd be suggesting that he get into a trade or enrol in university. I don't see how that this can be seen by anyone with a realistic perspective on life to be fruitful or time well spent. In fact, some might even argue that it is irresponisble.
zehn
2/14/2016 5:58pm
nytsmaC wrote:
I hope Jeff makes the main, it's inspiring to see how far he's come from where he was a few short years ago. He must be...
I hope Jeff makes the main, it's inspiring to see how far he's come from where he was a few short years ago. He must be doing the right things. Hard to not be happy for the guy, it looks like he's turned his life around.
Wasn't it just a couple years ago that he was doing that sketchy Mexican race where the spectators just walk onto the racing surface like in rally racing? The video from that race was insane
zehn
2/14/2016 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 6:05pm
Celine wrote:
How can their results in supercross be construed as success? They get lapped. This is pro sports. If it were me or my kid, I'd be...

They get lapped.

This is pro sports. If it were me or my kid, I'd be suggesting that he get into a trade or enrol in university. I don't see how that this can be seen by anyone with a realistic perspective on life to be fruitful or time well spent. In fact, some might even argue that it is irresponisble.
I see that you clearly can't see beyond the podium. For 99% of the racers out there, the Alessi's combined careers can be seen as nothing other than a resounding success.

Just because they don't win very often (or at all) doesn't mean they are failures. I respect the fact that they bust their asses every week. You should too.

BTW what's your opinion of the Hahn brothers? I suppose you think they should hang up the boots as well and go to school?
hvaughn88
2/14/2016 6:04pm
Celine wrote:
How can their results in supercross be construed as success? They get lapped. This is pro sports. If it were me or my kid, I'd be...

They get lapped.

honda123
2/14/2016 6:06pm
Celine wrote:

They get lapped.

If your having fun doing something, and you can do it as a job and stay financially stable why would you not keep racing?
oldandslow1
2/14/2016 6:59pm
Firefly47 wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
Firefly is it...? Your response is juvenile. Your opinion = biased based thinking. It's ignorant at best. . Who's " we "...? I wasn't told anything...
Celine wrote:

They get lapped.

or you could look at it like this... making what i guess is low six figures (mike for sure) to do something they love is a pretty good deal. statistically speaking they make more than you and will still be young when their careers end. also statically they have achieved more than 99% of the people riding bikes ever will, not so bad of a deal if you ask me.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/14/2016 7:34pm
It's pretty disgusting to see couch Cowboys saying what a failure Mikes career has been. He has been making a living racing motorcycles for over a decade. If you look at his career he has had more success than the majority of the field. He is obviously a outdoor specailist who still lines it up at SX week after week and is a regular in the mains.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
2/14/2016 9:21pm
2 pairs of brothers in the main. Both Alessis and both Hahns. Has this happened many times in the past?
jeffro503
2/14/2016 9:31pm
Firefly47 wrote:
Clutchy wrote:
Celine wrote:

They get lapped.

Just making it to a fucking main gate is impressive! What the fuck world you living in?
jeffro503
2/14/2016 9:34pm
FGR01 wrote:
2 pairs of brothers in the main. Both Alessis and both Hahns. Has this happened many times in the past?
The Vohland bro's. And I think James and and Malcolm have done the same. The Larson bro's as well.
Clutchy
2/14/2016 9:56pm
FGR01 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
The Vohland bro's. And I think James and and Malcolm have done the same. The Larson bro's as well.
four bros same main......................

Post a reply to: 800 801 qualifying Top 22... Well done brothers. Ten plus years later.

The Latest