$7500 1975 RM125 - worth it?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2020 2:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/1/2020 2:21 PM

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/d/longview-suzuki-1975-rm-125/7101747528.html

I know - it's worth whatever someone will pay. 8 hours and original tires! damn

Hammer

|

4/1/2020 2:28 PM

only if it will lick you on demand too

|

4/1/2020 2:32 PM

If it's worth it to you...and there's some nice kit parts that come with it. I'd shop around and see what $7,500 gets ya.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

4/1/2020 2:39 PM

Not to me, but maby someone

|

4/1/2020 3:20 PM

I restored an '87 CR250 to like new condition. Too nice to ride, so I put it up for sale. I was routinely slammed as "crazy" for my asking price. It was the amount I was willing to take considering what I had in it for money, time, and effort(and far less than what a friend got from motoarmory for the one he built). I got every dollar. The market will dictate it's value, not the dime a dozen opinions on vital.

|

4/1/2020 3:33 PM

That's gonna be a hard sale at that money. Would be a slow mover at half that. I sold this 76 RM100 for $1800.00 just a couple years back. It sold quick because it was priced right. Had Works Performance shocks and a really nice Jemco pipe once I cleaned it up. It cranked, it ran, but it blubbered a bit.

Photo

Photo

|

4/1/2020 3:35 PM

Rare bike for sure, remember them well. But geezus that’s a lot

|

4/1/2020 3:46 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

I restored an '87 CR250 to like new condition. Too nice to ride, so I put it up for sale. I was routinely slammed as "crazy" for my asking price. It was the amount I was willing to take considering what I had in it for money, time, and effort(and far less than what a friend got from motoarmory for the one he built). I got every dollar. The market will dictate it's value, not the dime a dozen opinions on vital.

Good to hear.

Would you mind telling me how did you go about selling it which sites etc? I heard eBay is not that great anymore as they want to get a good piece of the pie

I restored 2001 CR500 that is Dual Sport legal I've got a bit of money into it and like you I am asking more than the average Joe would want to pay.

It's a unique machine not many street legal 500's out there that's why I'm hoping there is that one rich dude that just has to have it.

Just don't think it's probably a good time right now.
I have never heard of motoamory what's that all about?

Thanks

|

4/1/2020 10:19 PM

If Suzuki made a 2021RM125 I'd buy one.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

4/2/2020 8:23 AM

G-man wrote:

Good to hear.

Would you mind telling me how did you go about selling it which sites etc? I heard eBay is not that great anymore as they want to get a good piece of the pie

I restored 2001 CR500 that is Dual Sport legal I've got a bit of money into it and like you I am asking more than the average Joe would want to pay.

It's a unique machine not many street legal 500's out there that's why I'm hoping there is that one rich dude that just has to have it.

Just don't think it's probably a good time right now.
I have never heard of motoamory what's that all about?

Thanks

I just listed it at all the usual spots, the for sale forum here, CL, offerup, etc.. I don't think there is any special formula. You just have to be patient. What helped me was I wasn't in any hurry to sell. I didn't even really want to sell it, it was just so nice I didn't want to ride it, so I listed it for a price I was willing to take and it went. That being said, there's also been plenty of times I got half of what I thought a bike was worth. And that is what my original point was- put it out there and the market will tell you what it's worth. When every I get the question, "what's this worth?", I always have the same answer, "whatever someone will pay you for it". I say list it for what you want, and see what happens. I do thinl you might want to wait a bit and see how the economy pans out in the next few months. Good luck.

Motoarmory is the family who owns Springfield armory. They are a weapons manufacture in the Midwest who are also MX enthusiasts. They own probably the biggest dirtbike collection in the country. They are the ones who purchased the Primm Collection.

|

4/2/2020 8:49 AM

It looks like a cool bike, but why did the CA tag expire before the manufacture date of the bike????

|

4/2/2020 8:54 AM

I bought a demo 1975 RM 125 from my local dealer in Hawaiian Gardens, CA for $425, Fall of 1975. Senior in high school. Did not even have rub marks on the tank.

|

4/2/2020 8:57 AM

APLMAN99 wrote:

It looks like a cool bike, but why did the CA tag expire before the manufacture date of the bike????

That looks like a TM125 rear fender. Off a 73-74 model.

|

4/2/2020 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2020 10:55 AM

chuckie108 wrote:

I restored an '87 CR250 to like new condition. Too nice to ride, so I put it up for sale. I was routinely slammed as "crazy" for my asking price. It was the amount I was willing to take considering what I had in it for money, time, and effort(and far less than what a friend got from motoarmory for the one he built). I got every dollar. The market will dictate it's value, not the dime a dozen opinions on vital.

Love the bike. Sits in my living room with my 86.

The shipping and taxes were extreme. So I said to myself I’m never buying another bike from the states.

But now I’m doing an 84 CR250RE show bike and I’m almost into it as much as the 87, and it’s still in a pile of parts. Lol

Now I figure I’ll just buy them restored and not restore them myself. Cheaper that way.

|

4/2/2020 12:35 PM

Theres a ass for every seat.

|

4/2/2020 2:50 PM

Cancerman wrote:

I bought a demo 1975 RM 125 from my local dealer in Hawaiian Gardens, CA for $425, Fall of 1975. Senior in high school. Did not even have rub marks on the tank.

Downen's Suzuki? I purchased my 1974 "TM" 125 from them.

|

4/2/2020 9:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2020 10:01 PM

chuckie108 wrote:

I restored an '87 CR250 to like new condition. Too nice to ride, so I put it up for sale. I was routinely slammed as "crazy" for my asking price. It was the amount I was willing to take considering what I had in it for money, time, and effort(and far less than what a friend got from motoarmory for the one he built). I got every dollar. The market will dictate it's value, not the dime a dozen opinions on vital.

G-man wrote:

Good to hear.

Would you mind telling me how did you go about selling it which sites etc? I heard eBay is not that great anymore as they want to get a good piece of the pie

I restored 2001 CR500 that is Dual Sport legal I've got a bit of money into it and like you I am asking more than the average Joe would want to pay.

It's a unique machine not many street legal 500's out there that's why I'm hoping there is that one rich dude that just has to have it.

Just don't think it's probably a good time right now.
I have never heard of motoamory what's that all about?

Thanks

I bought his bike. Saw his build thread and his for sale ad on here. I’m not a “rich guy” but have been looking for a proper 87 for 5 years when his ad popped up. What was being asked was reasonable for the level of work imo, what almost killed it for me was shipping, taxes and brokerage, as I’m in Canada. But it was worth it in the end, and I have been offered far more than what I paid for it, but it’s now part of my collection, and is not for sale.

In the end just takes the right person looking for that particular bike.

Also depends on the market in different countries.. for instance bikes sold in North America sell for more in Europe, etc.

Good luck with the 500, as street legal ones are pretty rare.

|

4/2/2020 11:38 PM

Cancerman wrote:

I bought a demo 1975 RM 125 from my local dealer in Hawaiian Gardens, CA for $425, Fall of 1975. Senior in high school. Did not even have rub marks on the tank.

jimmie wrote:

Downen's Suzuki? I purchased my 1974 "TM" 125 from them.

Yep, I grew up in east Lakewood, off Carson street. Lots of memories. They had Maicos and CZ also.

|

4/6/2020 9:15 AM

I remember the first time I ever saw one, well heard it first. I was on my MR50 and heard it coming up behind me in a field. Ring a ding a ding. Great bike.

|