72 SX wins is a big number?

GIwasB4
Edited Date/Time 2/17/2012 9:01am
That's a big nut.
Think any of the current rock star(not energy drink related)/energy drink racers will top that one in their career?
|
newmann
2/15/2012 5:12pm
McGrath used to appear to take offense every time someone threw that scenario up in an interview, now he seems to laugh a little when it gets brought up. Stewart has his hands full enough without trying to tackle some guy who retired ten years ago.
GIwasB4
2/15/2012 5:16pm
newmann wrote:
McGrath used to appear to take offense every time someone threw that scenario up in an interview, now he seems to laugh a little when it...
McGrath used to appear to take offense every time someone threw that scenario up in an interview, now he seems to laugh a little when it gets brought up. Stewart has his hands full enough without trying to tackle some guy who retired ten years ago.
Tell that to big James.
If little James was left to ride how he wanted, what he wanted, when he wanted-he might make a run on it.

The Shop

2/15/2012 5:20pm
newmann wrote:
McGrath used to appear to take offense every time someone threw that scenario up in an interview, now he seems to laugh a little when it...
Wink
ocscottie
2/15/2012 5:21pm
newmann wrote:
GIwasB4 wrote:
Tell that to big James. If little James was left to ride how he wanted, what he wanted, when he wanted-he might make a run on...
Tell that to big James.
If little James was left to ride how he wanted, what he wanted, when he wanted-he might make a run on it.
I forget the exact #'s, but wouldnt James have to win something like 10 SX races a year for the next 4 years to over take it?

I just dont see any rider winning 10 races a year in this class anymore.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/15/2012 5:25pm
newmann wrote:
GIwasB4 wrote:
Tell that to big James. If little James was left to ride how he wanted, what he wanted, when he wanted-he might make a run on...
Tell that to big James.
I remember in one of the interviews when James signed with JGR, he said that his dad was the one pressuring him to sign with that team.
TDeath21
2/15/2012 5:29pm
I'll be surprised if James passes Ricky. Right now his main concern should be staying ahead of Chad in the win column. We won't see anyone close to 72 in a long long time.
Xeno
2/15/2012 5:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 5:30pm
As awesome as Bubba is, he won't own that record.
Smitch
2/15/2012 7:00pm
ocscottie wrote:
I forget the exact #'s, but wouldnt James have to win something like 10 SX races a year for the next 4 years to over take...
I forget the exact #'s, but wouldnt James have to win something like 10 SX races a year for the next 4 years to over take it?

Stew has 42-wins.

That would require 10 wins for the next three season (including 2012) or
7.5 wins for the next 4 years.

Then he would be tied, and would need an extra win to top Mighty McGrath. So, it's possible....
GIwasB4
2/15/2012 7:20pm
ocscottie wrote:
I forget the exact #'s, but wouldnt James have to win something like 10 SX races a year for the next 4 years to over take...

Smitch wrote:
Stew has 42-wins. That would require 10 wins for the next three season (including 2012) or 7.5 wins for the next 4 years. Then he would...
Stew has 42-wins.

That would require 10 wins for the next three season (including 2012) or
7.5 wins for the next 4 years.

Then he would be tied, and would need an extra win to top Mighty McGrath. So, it's possible....
wait until next year!
GIwasB4
2/15/2012 7:23pm
ocscottie wrote:

Who's the up and coming racer that's going to make you think they have a chance at that 72 number?
GIwasB4
2/15/2012 7:26pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I remember in one of the interviews when James signed with JGR, he said that his dad was the one pressuring him to sign with that...
I remember in one of the interviews when James signed with JGR, he said that his dad was the one pressuring him to sign with that team.
wait until next year!
Motodude
2/15/2012 7:38pm
Maybe Atomic can do it if he doesnt implode now that he's dominating Lites West.
RACERX69
2/15/2012 7:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 7:39pm
Ain't gonna happen! Bubba is on the backside of his career. Instead of worrying about an insurmountable task, he needs to worry about finishing his career healthy.
Motodude
2/15/2012 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 7:44pm

Atomic..if he can keep it real, he has a chance of doing it.
mattmatt300
2/15/2012 7:54pm
Motodude wrote:
[img]http://www.mxlarge.com/storage/Image/eli%20tomac%202012%20anaheim%2011.JPG[/img] Atomic..if he can keep it real, he has a chance of doing it.

u funny
TannerMxer
2/15/2012 7:54pm
I am a huge Stewart fan, but I don't think he has the arrogance and "eye of the tiger" like he used to. On the Kawi, he could nearly do nothing wrong like JT$ said on last week's PulpMx radio show.

I truly believe, if Stewart stayed on the Kawi, he would have probably been very close to breaking it already... but Kawi did what Kawi does... cuts people in their prime. Weird stuff actually.

I don't think he will break the record, but I still see him being able to get to 50, maybe 60 if he races for 3-4 more years.
tonyb
2/15/2012 7:56pm
GIwasB4 wrote:
That's a big nut.
Think any of the current rock star(not energy drink related)/energy drink racers will top that one in their career?
NO
Rudeboy119
2/15/2012 7:57pm
This guy wrecks his brains out every weekend without fail and you guys wanna talk records? bahahahahahah!!!!!!!! Record is safe
TerryK
2/15/2012 8:17pm
I'll go out on a limb and say: not a fucking chance.
2/15/2012 8:18pm
TannerMxer wrote:
I am a huge Stewart fan, but I don't think he has the arrogance and "eye of the tiger" like he used to. On the Kawi...
I am a huge Stewart fan, but I don't think he has the arrogance and "eye of the tiger" like he used to. On the Kawi, he could nearly do nothing wrong like JT$ said on last week's PulpMx radio show.

I truly believe, if Stewart stayed on the Kawi, he would have probably been very close to breaking it already... but Kawi did what Kawi does... cuts people in their prime. Weird stuff actually.

I don't think he will break the record, but I still see him being able to get to 50, maybe 60 if he races for 3-4 more years.
werd
TannerMxer
2/15/2012 8:23pm
TannerMxer wrote:
I am a huge Stewart fan, but I don't think he has the arrogance and "eye of the tiger" like he used to. On the Kawi...

werd
Imagine Apollo is J-Bone.... and Rocky is Stewart:
https://youtu.be/LqjbwA8JDW4
TDeath21
2/15/2012 8:40pm
I don't think you guys actually realize how ridiculous 72 wins and 7 championships are. First everyone said Ricky would probably break the record. Then everyone said Reed probably would. Then everyone said Stewart would. Forget about it guys. McGrath was so much more advanced than everyone he was racing against. It's not possible for guys to be that much more advanced now because the sport has progressed so much. If I had to bet my life on it being broken in my lifetime or not (ironic example I know), I would bet my life that it won't happen in my lifetime.
Motodude
2/15/2012 8:44pm
MC rolled up at the right time to do 72 wins...Stanton, JMB, Wardy were all at the end of their careers. Imagine Reed hitting his prime 2 yrs ago... James had his chances but threw them away by taking too many high risk choices on the track in the pursuit of dominating EVERY lap.
bents
Fantasy
909th
2/15/2012 8:50pm
TerryK wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and say: not a fucking chance.
Exactly. This record is as safe as hitting .400 in a season or Cal Ripkin's consecutive games played, or Gretzky's 215 pts in a season record-ain't going to be broken in our lifetime. 72 and 7 are huge numbers-untouchable IMHO.
2/15/2012 8:58pm
Motodude wrote:
[img]http://www.mxlarge.com/storage/Image/eli%20tomac%202012%20anaheim%2011.JPG[/img] Atomic..if he can keep it real, he has a chance of doing it.

u funny [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1101houston/1101houstongallery/Justin_Barcia.jpg[/img]
u funny
Tomac'll smoke im. I'm interested to see what kind of speed JB's picked up since last year, though. He's probably a good bit faster.

Did "Atomic" come from the let's-give-Tomac-a-nickname thread? It's kinda good. The E-Bomb.
Motodude
2/15/2012 9:09pm
Motodude wrote:

u funny [img]http://www.cyclenews.com/files/news_articles/supercross/1101houston/1101houstongallery/Justin_Barcia.jpg[/img]
u funny
Tomac'll smoke im. I'm interested to see what kind of speed JB's picked up since last year, though. He's probably a good bit faster. Did "Atomic"...
Tomac'll smoke im. I'm interested to see what kind of speed JB's picked up since last year, though. He's probably a good bit faster.

Did "Atomic" come from the let's-give-Tomac-a-nickname thread? It's kinda good. The E-Bomb.
..yeah it came from that thread.. I coined the nickname. Smile Lets see if it catches on with Ralph, Ricky or Fro. lol

Post a reply to: 72 SX wins is a big number?

The Latest