6D and Factory Connection Honda breaking up?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2018 5:21 PM

Saw a FC post on IG and it sounds like they are going to a different helmet. Did i miss the news?

|

10/18/2018 5:27 PM

They will probably be head to toe in Fox and Shift.

|

10/18/2018 5:27 PM

Yeah you missed it it was on TMZ. Is it a big deal?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

10/18/2018 5:30 PM

AZRider wrote:

Saw a FC post on IG and it sounds like they are going to a different helmet. Did i miss the news?

Fox signed them for helmets but I heard they weren’t able to get them for boots. So for 2019 it sounds like they will wear Fox helmets, Shift gear, Alpinestars boots and 100% goggles.

|

10/19/2018 6:20 AM

AZRider wrote:

Saw a FC post on IG and it sounds like they are going to a different helmet. Did i miss the news?

ML512 wrote:

Fox signed them for helmets but I heard they weren’t able to get them for boots. So for 2019 it sounds like they will wear Fox helmets, Shift gear, Alpinestars boots and 100% goggles.

They will never win a lit kit with that setup.

|

10/19/2018 7:38 AM

AZRider wrote:

Saw a FC post on IG and it sounds like they are going to a different helmet. Did i miss the news?

ML512 wrote:

Fox signed them for helmets but I heard they weren’t able to get them for boots. So for 2019 it sounds like they will wear Fox helmets, Shift gear, Alpinestars boots and 100% goggles.

dirtmike86 wrote:

They will never win a lit kit with that setup.

Such a weird setup... I get that Fox is Shift, but can't they throw a Shift label on the Fox helmets/boots just to make things look a little cleaner? Shouldn't be that hard, right?

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/19/2018 7:50 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Such a weird setup... I get that Fox is Shift, but can't they throw a Shift label on the Fox helmets/boots just to make things look a little cleaner? Shouldn't be that hard, right?

They don’t sell them though, the goal is to continue to grow/push Fox as a protection company with boots and helmets. Shift is strictly gear with low end boots and helmets. Albeit Fox and Shift are the same company, by running Fox boots or helmets with Shift it can give the impression that those items can be worn without Fox gear in the mix.

|

10/19/2018 7:55 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

They will never win a lit kit with that setup.

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Such a weird setup... I get that Fox is Shift, but can't they throw a Shift label on the Fox helmets/boots just to make things look a little cleaner? Shouldn't be that hard, right?

ML512 wrote:

They don’t sell them though, the goal is to continue to grow/push Fox as a protection company with boots and helmets. Shift is strictly gear with low end boots and helmets. Albeit Fox and Shift are the same company, by running Fox boots or helmets with Shift it can give the impression that those items can be worn without Fox gear in the mix.

That makes sense. I get their thought process and I'm sure it works, especially because I see a lot of guys wearing the helmets and boots with other brands of gear. I just try to look from an outsiders point of view on certain things. I can hear it now.. "Why does that guy have all the same stuff, but that red bike team is wearing Fox and another company?" lol. We all know that's what we'd hear, especially from out gf's and wives.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/19/2018 8:01 AM

Who cares if there's a few different logo's on your gear? I also wear my Fox Instincts with Thor, Seven and Alias gear and with a Bell helmet.

|

10/19/2018 8:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2018 8:05 AM

Main stream folks probably wouldnt notice.
But I couldn't wear fox boots with a different brand of gear personally it would bother me.
But I can wear AStars with any gear including Fox.
Which I guess is strange now that they (Astar) make gear !
Hmmm now that I think of it I think I'll get sidi boots next time so I can switch brands anytime without having to buy boots.

|

10/19/2018 8:11 AM

Melon Goggles
Shoei helmet
Troy Lee Gear
Alpinestars boots
Zero Fucks given

|

10/19/2018 8:31 AM

ML512 wrote:

Fox signed them for helmets but I heard they weren’t able to get them for boots. So for 2019 it sounds like they will wear Fox helmets, Shift gear, Alpinestars boots and 100% goggles.

dirtmike86 wrote:

They will never win a lit kit with that setup.

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Such a weird setup... I get that Fox is Shift, but can't they throw a Shift label on the Fox helmets/boots just to make things look a little cleaner? Shouldn't be that hard, right?

I was thinking more the boots. I thought instincts are the same level of safety. Why not run the full setup? Iam sure its just contract bs.

|

10/19/2018 8:31 AM

Like a few years ago. When some pro's were running astars gear and boots with fox helmet + goggles.

|

10/19/2018 8:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2018 8:36 AM

|

10/19/2018 8:34 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Main stream folks probably wouldnt notice.
But I couldn't wear fox boots with a different brand of gear personally it would bother me.
But I can wear AStars with any gear including Fox.
Which I guess is strange now that they (Astar) make gear !
Hmmm now that I think of it I think I'll get sidi boots next time so I can switch brands anytime without having to buy boots.

Photo if chad reed can do it than iam cool with it.
|

10/19/2018 8:52 AM

dirtmike86 wrote:

They will never win a lit kit with that setup.

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Such a weird setup... I get that Fox is Shift, but can't they throw a Shift label on the Fox helmets/boots just to make things look a little cleaner? Shouldn't be that hard, right?

dirtmike86 wrote:

I was thinking more the boots. I thought instincts are the same level of safety. Why not run the full setup? Iam sure its just contract bs.

Alpinestars was able to retain the contract, if it were up to the Fox guys they would be in the boots as well.

|

10/19/2018 8:58 AM

So 6D will have no team out there then correct? Just some riders but not a whole team.

|

10/19/2018 9:04 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2018 1:53 PM

NFL.

|

10/19/2018 2:19 PM

Sponsorships be dammed, they are a great helmet. Talked to Bob at the MXoN stand and tried on their ATR-2 helmet. Great fit just like my Arai and current Bell and good people too. I'll be getting one when the budget allows.

|

10/19/2018 2:19 PM

Tarz483 wrote:

Main stream folks probably wouldnt notice.
But I couldn't wear fox boots with a different brand of gear personally it would bother me.
But I can wear AStars with any gear including Fox.
Which I guess is strange now that they (Astar) make gear !
Hmmm now that I think of it I think I'll get sidi boots next time so I can switch brands anytime without having to buy boots.

McGrath wore Fox gear and Alpinestar boots and he was the coolest. So even though Astars now has gear, they are a boot company so it’s cool with the fashion police.

But don’t go wearing Fox boots with Alpinestars gear. Major fashion faux-pas. ?

|

10/19/2018 2:31 PM

I love the fox/shift brands they make great products that I use myself but does anyone grow tired of seeing half the field in it? Pro Circuit now FCHonda. Countless guys in 450 class. I feel like they're going to dominate the field at this rate. Not good for other brands!

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

10/19/2018 2:32 PM

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

10/19/2018 2:39 PM

ricko wrote:

So 6D will have no team out there then correct? Just some riders but not a whole team.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No idea about MX teams but they're expanding in other segments. Smart business move.

Gandorlf wrote:

Do they make MTB helmets? Something they could get into easily I'd imagine.

Not sure about specific MTN bike helmets but they make cycling helmets. They're also in the street market.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2018 2:42 PM

Once 6D lands something with the NFL, or NHL, this market will be nothing to them.

|

10/19/2018 2:46 PM

Cole_Ughetti wrote:

Once 6D lands something with the NFL, or NHL, this market will be nothing to them.

Got that right and good for them if they can break into those markets. Hell of a lot more kids playing hockey and football than kids riding dirt bikes.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2018 2:47 PM

Cole_Ughetti wrote:

Once 6D lands something with the NFL, or NHL, this market will be nothing to them.

I hope not as I plan on my next helmet being an ATR2, looks safe as anything! I've had a few knocks in my Bell now so I might retire it come January.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

10/19/2018 2:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/19/2018 2:50 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

No idea about MX teams but they're expanding in other segments. Smart business move.

Gandorlf wrote:

Do they make MTB helmets? Something they could get into easily I'd imagine.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure about specific MTN bike helmets but they make cycling helmets. They're also in the street market.

Yes, they make an MTB helmet. My boss has one:
Photo

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

10/19/2018 3:10 PM

Gandorlf wrote:

Do they make MTB helmets? Something they could get into easily I'd imagine.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure about specific MTN bike helmets but they make cycling helmets. They're also in the street market.

Falcon wrote:

Yes, they make an MTB helmet. My boss has one:
Photo

I was thinking more full face moto style specific MTN bike helmets.

Out of curiosity, are those helmet's priced around the same as their competitors or more expensive?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/19/2018 3:12 PM

Cole_Ughetti wrote:

Once 6D lands something with the NFL, or NHL, this market will be nothing to them.

Gandorlf wrote:

I hope not as I plan on my next helmet being an ATR2, looks safe as anything! I've had a few knocks in my Bell now so I might retire it come January.

Doesn't mean they'll stop making moto helmets it just means it'll be a very small portion of their business compared to what it is now.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."