6D Helmet

mx317
1/28/2019 7:21pm
I got a new 6D ATR-2 helmet and I think I'm going to like it.

I think it's a cool looking lid and seems made well, but I had to buy the thinner cheek pads because it was a bit tight in the jaw area. It still fits snug, but doesn't have any pressure spots that would make it uncomfortable. The liners and cheek pads are reasonably priced and they have a flat charge on shipping also. I used the Keefer code when I bought it and got 15% off the price on both the helmet and the pads.

My goggles fit in the eyeport area really well. I tried my Oakley regular O-frames and a new pair of X-brand goggle and both fit well.

One thing I did notice is that you hear more noise than with my Arai helmet. I thought something was wrong with my bike when I first started it! They also seem like a solid company. They sent out ATR-1 cheek pads by mistake, but I called them and three days later I had the right ones. They sent a return label in the box to send the other ones back.

They are a bit pricey, but the rebuild feature was one thing that sold me on them. I had a super cool looking Monster edition Arai helmet that I had 3 or 4 rides in when I did my best impression of a lawn dart. The outer shell wasn't even scratched, but when I sent it in to be checked it was a wall hanger. With the 6D, they could repair it for a fraction of the cost of a replacement and it would be safe again.

Sorry for the long rant (and no I don't work for them or sell them), but thought someone may want an average guys opinion before they fork over their hard earned dough.
|
JMR1976
1/28/2019 7:49pm
Bought their MTB helmet recently. I feel safe in it. Lol
ben5020
1/28/2019 8:09pm
mx317 wrote:
I got a new 6D ATR-2 helmet and I think I'm going to like it. I think it's a cool looking lid and seems made well...
I got a new 6D ATR-2 helmet and I think I'm going to like it.

I think it's a cool looking lid and seems made well, but I had to buy the thinner cheek pads because it was a bit tight in the jaw area. It still fits snug, but doesn't have any pressure spots that would make it uncomfortable. The liners and cheek pads are reasonably priced and they have a flat charge on shipping also. I used the Keefer code when I bought it and got 15% off the price on both the helmet and the pads.

My goggles fit in the eyeport area really well. I tried my Oakley regular O-frames and a new pair of X-brand goggle and both fit well.

One thing I did notice is that you hear more noise than with my Arai helmet. I thought something was wrong with my bike when I first started it! They also seem like a solid company. They sent out ATR-1 cheek pads by mistake, but I called them and three days later I had the right ones. They sent a return label in the box to send the other ones back.

They are a bit pricey, but the rebuild feature was one thing that sold me on them. I had a super cool looking Monster edition Arai helmet that I had 3 or 4 rides in when I did my best impression of a lawn dart. The outer shell wasn't even scratched, but when I sent it in to be checked it was a wall hanger. With the 6D, they could repair it for a fraction of the cost of a replacement and it would be safe again.

Sorry for the long rant (and no I don't work for them or sell them), but thought someone may want an average guys opinion before they fork over their hard earned dough.
I have a few of their helmets and love how well they fit, I needed the thicker cheek pads which made it fit just right.
captmoto
1/28/2019 10:20pm
I like mine a lot. I agree with the fit but I am able to wear it straight out of the box.

Post a reply to: 6D Helmet

The Latest