6D ATR-1 vs Fox V3 2020

I'm in the market for a new helmet currently coming off a 6D ATR-1 which has been the best helmet I've ever owned.

I live in Canada and the 6D ATR-1 and Fox V3 2020 are currently available for the same price. I'd love an ATR-2 but they are prohibitivly expensive up here.

Has the tech in the new Fox V3 advanced past the ATR-1 (developed in 2013)?
|
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
5/22/2020 12:18pm
There really is no way to truly know the answer to that question. Do your own research and make the best decision you can.
5/22/2020 1:51pm
I'm also looking for general impressions on fit and finish from someone who has owned both.

We're unable to go into the stores right now because of Covid-19 so I need to mail order.
Cygrace74
5/22/2020 2:14pm
The current V3 has been a great helmet and I have 2, they are uncomfortable in the beginning until the FI pods break in and take shape to your head. Once they do it's been the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. The new one coming out in 2 months will not have FI since MIPS bought the company to get rid of a competitor and they'll be back to MIPS, said to be more comfortable than the current one. Personally I love the current one and would use the new one to take advantage of the sales that will be out
mxbrian15
5/22/2020 6:59pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
The current V3 has been a great helmet and I have 2, they are uncomfortable in the beginning until the FI pods break in and take...
The current V3 has been a great helmet and I have 2, they are uncomfortable in the beginning until the FI pods break in and take shape to your head. Once they do it's been the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. The new one coming out in 2 months will not have FI since MIPS bought the company to get rid of a competitor and they'll be back to MIPS, said to be more comfortable than the current one. Personally I love the current one and would use the new one to take advantage of the sales that will be out
That sucks that MIPS bought FI (for 3.3 million BTW). Just taking a competitor off the market, which stinks for the consumer. Their press release even states the buy out was strictly for patent protection, which typically means they saw FI as a major threat and wanted to stop that threat from spreading further into the market MIPS created.

It’s unfortunate really. Competition is good and usually helps to push innovation. I hope they use FI technology to better their products, but I am skeptical.

The Shop

aeffertz
5/22/2020 7:04pm
Cygrace74 wrote:
The current V3 has been a great helmet and I have 2, they are uncomfortable in the beginning until the FI pods break in and take...
mxbrian15 wrote:
That sucks that MIPS bought FI (for 3.3 million BTW). Just taking a competitor off the market, which stinks for the consumer. Their press release even...
That sucks that MIPS bought FI (for 3.3 million BTW). Just taking a competitor off the market, which stinks for the consumer. Their press release even states the buy out was strictly for patent protection, which typically means they saw FI as a major threat and wanted to stop that threat from spreading further into the market MIPS created.

It’s unfortunate really. Competition is good and usually helps to push innovation. I hope they use FI technology to better their products, but I am skeptical.
Yeah, it's honestly a little disheartening if they buy it just to kill it, even if it is a better system. The complete opposite direction helmet companies should take.

Post a reply to: 6D ATR-1 vs Fox V3 2020

The Latest