6D ATR 2 Helmet....

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2018 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2018 7:27 PM

Who has one? I just ordered this one. Had to order it blind as no one around here carries them. I’ve heard great things, so thought I’d try out a new lid to go with my 2019 Honda CRF450RWE.

Photo

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

11/18/2018 7:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2018 7:31 PM

Been looking at this identical one. My buddy is getting the Matte in tomorrow and I’m hoping to try his on before I pop on one.

I think Keefer has a 20% discount code for them

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

11/18/2018 7:31 PM

I think the red looks sick. Looking forward to getting it in.

|

11/18/2018 7:56 PM

How is it sizing wise? I have always worn medium Bell, fly F2 and arai.

|

11/18/2018 8:01 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

I don’t know. I’m a medium in everything, so I ordered a medium. I have a Fox V3, a Shoei VFX-EVO both in a medium, so hoping this one fits.

|

11/18/2018 8:05 PM

ATR not AR. There was just a recent thread on this last week...

I have both, great helmets. I moved from a Shoei VFX to this back in 2014. Havent looked back. Have spent a week in the ICU but no concussion sort of helmet. They are big/wide compared to other helmets, some say heavier, but not too much, the ATR-2 is lighter than 1 but not really noticeable. I tried on a TLD SE4 last year and wasnt a fan. Gonna really depend on your head shape as to whether you find it comfortable or not. I'm consistently a medium between this and the Shoei.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

11/18/2018 8:06 PM

Please let us know when you get it!
Does somebody know keefers code?

|

11/18/2018 8:18 PM

Was talking to my buds at 6D at the IMS show this weekend. Think the thing I like most about the ATR-2 is the fact if you crash and crush the EPS liner, but don't crack the outer shell, you can send it back and they'll rebuild it for like $125 with a whole new EPS liner.

This also allows you to have your helmet rebuild after 5 years of use (let's say you don't ever crash hard in it, but have had it for 5 years) and get a new EPS liner. As we know, EPS liners can break down over the years just due to oils in our hair, sweat, etc. I've retired some 'old' helmet in the past even though they never took a hard hit.... but they were just 'worn out'.

With the $125 rebuild.... that extends the life of the helmet big time.

Very nice lid. Nice feature.

|

11/18/2018 8:33 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

Just email him and politely ask for it.

|

11/18/2018 9:03 PM

I like mine a lot. Not every helmet works for me. Shoeis seem to loosen up on me fairly quick. I would have to actually lift my helmet up off my face. Maybe it was the shell shape but the 6d is a perfect fit for me. I have about 20 hours into mine.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

11/19/2018 4:15 AM

ratonmacias wrote:

jbrown15 wrote:

Just email him and politely ask for it.

Chris Keefer?

|

11/19/2018 4:46 AM

ratonmacias wrote:

The code is keefertested120
It is good for 15% off which is significant for a 700 lid.

|

11/19/2018 6:17 AM

Thanks

|

11/19/2018 7:56 AM

I just got one and used it this past weekend. I liked it a lot. It's not quite as comfortable as my Arai VX Pro 4 but it feels and fits great. I'm a MD in pretty much everything and MD 6D was spot on.

The only "bad" thing I noticed was the shell being bigger than what I'm use to. I can't tell at all when I ride but when I put my goggles on I can. I didn't have any issues with weight, venting, fit, etc.

|

11/19/2018 10:44 AM

ratonmacias wrote:

ktmfinn63 wrote:

The code is keefertested120
It is good for 15% off which is significant for a 700 lid.

Where do you use this code?

|

11/19/2018 11:08 AM

My buddy just got a new ATR-1 and they have changed the pricing on those. $450 for solids and $495 for the ones with graphics. The ATR-2 are $695.

Smart move by 6D offering two price points so you can still have options on a quality helmet.

Sorry if this was common knowledge but I hadn't known that before I saw his new helmet the other day.

|

11/19/2018 11:24 AM

I bought my 6D back in 2016 and absolutely love it. Watching Zach Bell and RJ Hampshire both hit their heads as hard as they did and are still alive speaks for itself. And they look bad ass!

|

11/19/2018 11:37 AM

If anyone wants a brand new V3 that’s never been worn at a smoking deal, let me know. It’s the multicolored Motif size medium.

|

11/19/2018 2:04 PM

Loving mine so far. I have had lots of helmets over the years Arai Shoei Troy Lee etc. and the ATR2 is very good. I think I have ridden in it about five times and No bad things so far.

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

11/19/2018 2:23 PM

ratonmacias wrote:

in my experience they fit a little small, so order next size up. i'm usually a Large and had to get an XL

|

11/19/2018 2:38 PM

Fit seems good to me. I wore a Large in Just 1 and Suomy and this fits the same.

Didn't like the fit of the ATR1, but the ATR2 fits well.

I've had a bad string of breaking helmets with concussions and vertigo as a result. I now wear the ATR 2 as I believe it is the safest helmet I can buy...

|

2019 KTM 350 XC-F
Daytona Dirt Riders (DDR)
Floridatrailriders.org (FTR)

11/19/2018 4:34 PM

I bought one at Loretta's this year and I'm loving it. It's light, comfortable, and you can't deny the development in it. It did take me a little bit to adjust to the placement of the chin strap, it felt a touch further back than my TLD and rubbed my neck a little. Nothing bad and I don't notice it now, just different. Great helmet and I'd certainly buy it again, I'll probably get one for my kid next year. He's currently running a Bell Moto 9 carbon flex.

|

11/19/2018 4:36 PM

Yep. Great lid.

|

11/21/2018 9:45 AM

Got it today!! Looks and feels awesome! This is a sick helmet. And their helmet bags are the shit as well.

Also threw in a shot of my CRF450RWE. Radiator hoses and my race numbers are next. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

11/22/2018 4:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 4:54 AM

MelonFan123 wrote:

My buddy just got a new ATR-1 and they have changed the pricing on those. $450 for solids and $495 for the ones with graphics. ...more

Yup, i just bought a new ATR-1 great helmets. I was in doubt between the ATR-1 and the ATR-2, but I went for the ATR-1 because he fits me better and I liked the designs more.

I only miss two things after the reintroduction of the ATR -1. The helmet bag and the screwdriver for the visor. Luckily I had one from my old 6D.

Photo

|

11/22/2018 10:39 AM

MelonFan123 wrote:

My buddy just got a new ATR-1 and they have changed the pricing on those. $450 for solids and $495 for the ones with graphics. ...more

JA33 wrote:

Yup, i just bought a new ATR-1 great helmets. I was in doubt between the ATR-1 and the ATR-2, but I went for the ATR-1 because ...more

That’s a good looking helmet.

|

11/22/2018 12:00 PM

I bought a atr-2 a couple of months ago. I came off of wearing bell moto 9 flex's. I was really surprised in the lack of quality and fit and finish. I am sure it is a safer helmet and that is why i am wearing it, but the moto 9 has some nicer features like the d-ring loops and magnetic clasp for the extra band, the magnetic cheek pads ect. Will i got back to bell, no way. Just wish we were getting features like this for a $700 helmet.

|

11/22/2018 12:02 PM

racerx217 wrote:

I bought a atr-2 a couple of months ago. I came off of wearing bell moto 9 flex's. I was really surprised in the lack of ...more

What makes you so sure that the 6D is that much better than the Flex?

|

11/22/2018 1:07 PM

Lynch wrote:

Technology, the ability to watch videos and actually read about them and common sense.

|

11/22/2018 1:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2018 1:16 PM

racerx217 wrote:

I bought a atr-2 a couple of months ago. I came off of wearing bell moto 9 flex's. I was really surprised in the lack of ...more

Lynch wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

Technology, the ability to watch videos and actually read about them and common sense.

Good arguments you got there bro..... ahum

Here are some videos about the Bell Flex. Specially for you.

|