65 cc Advise

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2017 3:14 PM

Looking for opinions on the best bang for the buck on a possibly new but probably 3- 5 year old 65 mx'r for my son. He doesn't and wont be racing, he's 10 and he has been enjoying coming to open practice. Looking for advise on reliability, ect. Any information would be appreciated, cheers!

|

8/27/2017 3:35 PM

You want reliability cheap reliable fun then get a kx65 my son races a ktm65 2017 yes its an amazing bike but it is a bit of a money pit

|

8/27/2017 4:16 PM

I'm in the exact situation with my 9 year old. I'm looking for a used KX65. You would think that the KTM65 is the better bike, but do you really think your son will be good enough to appreciate whatever might be better about the KTM? I know mine is not, so I have no problem deciding on the KX. There are plenty of choices, great parts availability if necessary, and the parts are cheap.

|

8/27/2017 4:17 PM

Honestly, it's a 65 and he isn't planning an attack on Loretta's. Get the nicest KX you can find within budget and let him ride it until he's big enough for an 85. You have a few more options then and I've found the 85s to be way less of a hassle than the real little tikes. It's what I would do anyway.

|

8/27/2017 5:50 PM

Or support an American company and buy a Cobra?

|

8/27/2017 7:29 PM

pdub187 wrote:

Honestly, it's a 65 and he isn't planning an attack on Loretta's. Get the nicest KX you can find within budget and let him ride it until he's big enough for an 85. You have a few more options then and I've found the 85s to be way less of a hassle than the real little tikes. It's what I would do anyway.

I agree. The KX65 is as bulletproof as a 2 stroke can be.

|

8/27/2017 8:12 PM

KX all the way

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

8/27/2017 8:23 PM

Yep, no brainer, KX. Sometimes you can run across the Suzuki version for even cheaper.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/27/2017 9:02 PM

Got to buck to trend and say 09 KTM or newer. I went through five of them and like any bike they require maintenance. The power valve makes them very easy to ride and night and day difference in component quality. The KTM is a larger bike than the Kawazuki, so that might play into your decision as well.

|

8/27/2017 9:08 PM

My son's 2015 Cobra CX-65 has been pretty reliable as his race bike, but it's hard to argue with getting a KX65.
The one thing I like about his Cobra though over a KX65 is the adjustability of the rider cockpit. His bike has really nice adjustable billet triple clamps where his buddy's KX65 didn't. So when he got bigger I could put them in the forward position on the bike to give him more room to move around. His little buddy couldn't do that so he wasn't as comfortable on the bike when he got bigger, but still wasn't big enough to make the move to an 85.

|

8/27/2017 9:12 PM

kzizok wrote:

Yep, no brainer, KX. Sometimes you can run across the Suzuki version for even cheaper.

thats called a rm65

|

scte3.0 pro-line trinity tekin

8/27/2017 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2017 9:30 PM

kzizok wrote:

dsmith wrote:

thats called a rm65

Yeah, but identical other than plastic color and name. Both made by Kawasaki for a number of years, starting in 2002.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

8/27/2017 9:29 PM

I KNOW SUSZUKI MAKED A RM65 AND ASLO THE RM100 THEY THEY RARIST SUSZUKI U CAN FIND. I GOED STRATE TO THE RM85 AND DIND EVEN HAVE THE 65 I HOAP WE CAN GET A RM100 NEXT

|

suszuki rm85

8/27/2017 9:33 PM

Haven't you guys heard? Yamaha is supposed to come out with an awesome yz65!!!!!!!!

2 years ago.
Seriously, Shawn has a point, Cobra is an excellent company, and cobras rip!

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

8/27/2017 9:34 PM

Photo

Photo

|

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!