$623.52

GasGasOrAss
7/2/2019 7:07pm
Eddieg15 wrote:
If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots
yeah most people who don’t like them just don’t have the endurance and skill to keep a race pace for 2.5 hours straight. The moto track...
yeah most people who don’t like them just don’t have the endurance and skill to keep a race pace for 2.5 hours straight. The moto track on the course is the closest thing to a rest period you get.
Eddieg15 wrote:
Got the pace and endurance. Most go to the woods because their afraid to jump and speed. And how much tv does he get???!!!

byke
7/2/2019 7:09pm
Coombs Family Cash Grab Carnival on Wheels
Doooohhhh no you didn't. Something something in the snow uphill both ways just to make $4.52.
Steve125
Fantasy
2787th
7/2/2019 7:19pm
Thought this was another Suzuki resale value thread..
Eddieg15
7/2/2019 7:32pm
yeah most people who don’t like them just don’t have the endurance and skill to keep a race pace for 2.5 hours straight. The moto track...
yeah most people who don’t like them just don’t have the endurance and skill to keep a race pace for 2.5 hours straight. The moto track on the course is the closest thing to a rest period you get.
Eddieg15 wrote:
Got the pace and endurance. Most go to the woods because their afraid to jump and speed. And how much tv does he get???!!!
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/07/02/357885/s1200_11C95784_B716_4C90_890D_6E180BB16FF0.jpg[/img]

Don’t get upset mx!!!!!

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/2/2019 7:46pm
The economy is so good in Colorado I might find a more expensive hobby on top of MX. Maybe I will buy a Ferrari and when the economy does slow down I will drive it,way to much work right now and we name our price . We can give a ultra high bid thinking no way they will take it and I'll be damned if they dont. Cool
77Moto
7/2/2019 7:53pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
If you win LL you will be a top Pro recruit
Lots of guys have won Lorettas A class ahead of known stars and multi time national champs and weren't ever offered shit.

It's not a guarantee. It helps sure. You'd be better off coming from money with a million dollar motorhome and getting 6th, than being poor(ish), wearing mismatched gear, with a van in the woods and getting 1st.

Image means a lot. Moreso today.
Jerkolantern
7/2/2019 7:56pm
Yup. Busy as hell in Minny too. I may get the coke n hos n head to ll's to race the c class to impress my new rent a chicks...
mxb2
7/2/2019 8:02pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
The cost to enter 2 classes at Loretta Lynn's. No extra car passes or pit vehicles.
You don't have to go.
Bingo, and if $640 is bothering people. They shdnt be going anyway.
cable
7/2/2019 8:07pm
Payup_199 wrote:
This couldn't be any further from the truth where I live. Construction is everywhere, residential or commercial, and housing is so rediculous priced and sells within...
This couldn't be any further from the truth where I live. Construction is everywhere, residential or commercial, and housing is so rediculous priced and sells within hours on the market. If you don't offer (full price or more) when you tour the house you will lose it. There's no thinking about it for a day or two. I decided to build a year and half ago because it was cheaper than buying a house that's overpriced and outdated.
cbarber wrote:
No kidding, at least where I am it is the same. No shortage for work here. I work for an electrical company and we can just...
No kidding, at least where I am it is the same. No shortage for work here. I work for an electrical company and we can just about name our price right now.
same for michigan with real estate and building.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/2/2019 9:00pm
My bank account is telling me the same thing, the economy is booming and times are good. New construction everywhere, Home's sell the first day they are listed more work than I know what to do with. Maybe you need to find a line of work or a better place to live. CoolCool
Motodave15
7/2/2019 9:19pm
That's the cost of 1 beer league hockey season out here.. 15games + playoffs... Better bang for your buck in my opinion
Beeby
7/2/2019 9:34pm
If you people this motocross is a rich mans sport, don’t ever go anywhere near karting
FWYT
7/2/2019 9:39pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2019 10:10pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
The cost to enter 2 classes at Loretta Lynn's. No extra car passes or pit vehicles.
$623.52

Holy shit . . . Man, I can't even afford to do Mammoth! Luckily I wouldn't even be able to qualify for either of them
so I'm cool!! But yeah, that's a fair chunk of change!

GIwasB4
7/2/2019 9:49pm
Coombs Family Cash Grab Carnival on Wheels
byke wrote:
Doooohhhh no you didn't. Something something in the snow uphill both ways just to make $4.52.
not crazy
FIREfish148
7/2/2019 10:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/2/2019 10:22pm
Tarz483 wrote:
It's a Rich man's sport these days.
it's always been a rich mans sport.
KennyT wrote:
Wrong. I raced on average once a week for ten straight years on a dishwasher, busboy, Carpenter wages. And that included buying a new bike each...
Wrong. I raced on average once a week for ten straight years on a dishwasher, busboy, Carpenter wages. And that included buying a new bike each year
oh, until you maxed out your credit cards and had to come to terms with paying it back?
FIREfish148
7/2/2019 10:23pm
Jack_Wagon wrote:
You don't have to go.
mxb2 wrote:
Bingo, and if $640 is bothering people. They shdnt be going anyway.
what ever happened to ponca?
Cancerman
7/2/2019 10:54pm
KennyT wrote:
Wrong. I raced on average once a week for ten straight years on a dishwasher, busboy, Carpenter wages. And that included buying a new bike each...
Wrong. I raced on average once a week for ten straight years on a dishwasher, busboy, Carpenter wages. And that included buying a new bike each year
oh, until you maxed out your credit cards and had to come to terms with paying it back?
Kenny T, me too. Hell I raced almost every weekend on high school wages, then went in the AF in the mid 70's, $400 a month, and raced on a year old YZ250 every weekend, then bought a YZ465 in 1980. Raced So Cal until mid 90's on new bikes, but was making good money by then. Now? Forget it.

And all you butthurt guys saying everything's great, North Florida averages $10 an hour. Right now. Trade jobs are hard to come by, so they can pay lower wages as there are so many people looking. Top scale is about $14 an hour. Try living and paying for your Four stroke rebuild on that!

Some of you live in areas that are doing well. Good for you. The bubble will burst, as it always does. Save and invest for those days ahead, or your retirement. It comes at you pretty fast. And pray you don't get serious health problems.
HusqFan3
7/2/2019 11:18pm
scrallex wrote:
Imagine the Stewart's trying to make a name for themselves in today's economy on what they claimed to have had.. The days of a talented young...
Imagine the Stewart's trying to make a name for themselves in today's economy on what they claimed to have had..

The days of a talented young man from a dirt poor family making it big in moto are over. Welcome to the age of the fastest kids of business owners the country over!
Might be even more dire than that I’m afraid. I came across an article awhile back where they discovered a correlation between families education/income levels and their likelihood of allowing their kids to participate in sports viewed as “risky”. This specific article was discussing the future of football. i.e. well educated/wealthy families are more frequently signing little Jonny up to play soccer while inner city youth play football.

Don’t think it’s a stretch to assume the same would apply to a sport like MX leaving us to watch the fastest kids of business owners that happen to be in the minority of wealthy/highly educated families that allow their kids to participate in a sport viewed as “risky”

Guess we should prepare ourselves for avg lap times of 2min in SX and 4min in MX by the time the 2030’s come around. Haha.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/2/2019 11:20pm
Cancerman wrote:
Kenny T, me too. Hell I raced almost every weekend on high school wages, then went in the AF in the mid 70's, $400 a month...
Kenny T, me too. Hell I raced almost every weekend on high school wages, then went in the AF in the mid 70's, $400 a month, and raced on a year old YZ250 every weekend, then bought a YZ465 in 1980. Raced So Cal until mid 90's on new bikes, but was making good money by then. Now? Forget it.

And all you butthurt guys saying everything's great, North Florida averages $10 an hour. Right now. Trade jobs are hard to come by, so they can pay lower wages as there are so many people looking. Top scale is about $14 an hour. Try living and paying for your Four stroke rebuild on that!

Some of you live in areas that are doing well. Good for you. The bubble will burst, as it always does. Save and invest for those days ahead, or your retirement. It comes at you pretty fast. And pray you don't get serious health problems.
That bubble is 2007 and worse close. That comes from the land of the way over leveraged.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/3/2019 12:33am
KennyT wrote:
No credit cards at all. I started on my own dime at the age of 12. Moto was a very affordable sport in the 70’s well into the 90’s
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
7/3/2019 12:34am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2019 12:44am
KennyT wrote:
Cancerman wrote:
Kenny T, me too. Hell I raced almost every weekend on high school wages, then went in the AF in the mid 70's, $400 a month...

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
7/3/2019 12:46am
KennyT wrote:
KennyT wrote:
No credit cards at all. I started on my own dime at the age of 12. Moto was a very affordable sport in the 70’s well...
No credit cards at all. I started on my own dime at the age of 12. Moto was a very affordable sport in the 70’s well into the 90’s
Don't explain yourself to these guys. You did it right.
nealb129
7/3/2019 2:01am
This thread has it all.. complaining about expense of racing, finances/economy, mx vs hs, James Stewart mention... figure out how to work herlings vs Tomac and we have a complete thread!!
JustMX
7/3/2019 5:31am
nealb129 wrote:
This thread has it all.. complaining about expense of racing, finances/economy, mx vs hs, James Stewart mention... figure out how to work herlings vs Tomac and...
This thread has it all.. complaining about expense of racing, finances/economy, mx vs hs, James Stewart mention... figure out how to work herlings vs Tomac and we have a complete thread!!
Haven't seen 2 vs 4 yet
danman
7/3/2019 6:07am
Jack_Wagon wrote:
You never said if you had kids or is it just for you and possible a significant other.

To me, that isn't a lot of money if you treat the week like a vacation. I've never been there, but if you think of the experience and all of the people you'll meet and bench race with, priceless.

I wish I would have spent more time trying to get there, but with kids that weren't that into racing, other priorities took over.

Spend it, enjoy it, and remember it. If you don't, eventually, you'll wish you did.
7/3/2019 6:27am Edited Date/Time 7/3/2019 11:56am
Eddieg15 wrote:
If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots
Eddieg15 wrote:
I respect your love for moto, and I share it. However, those guys in the woods haul ass. When I lived in Jacksonville I belonged to a club called River City Dirt Riders. I joined because at that time RCDR had 900 acres not far from my house that we could ride on. Unless you own a big chunk of property in or around Jacksonville, you are not going to ride anywhere but in your yard. Everything is gated or posted and belongs to either a hunt club or a paper company. WW track was still a gleam in Junior's eye when I belonged to RCDR's - in other words there were no tracks in Duval County, which is gigantic. So even though there is a lot of open space in Duval County, as I said, it's either gated and locked, posted with "KEEP OUT JOE'S HUNT CLUB TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN."

I very quickly learned riding with those guys that they are no joke. They are talented and riding between two trees with barely enough clearance on either side while hauling ass doesn't phase them. Stumps and tree roots do not bother them. If it hasn't rained it gets crazy dusty - doesn't matter - they plow through it. If it rains you get a sea of mud. No worries. They'll either find a way around or go through it.

One other thing I noticed when I was riding in the woods was just the joy that comes with riding. I could go for miles and not see anyone. It was just me enjoying a dirt bike like when I was a kid. No pressure, no kid trying to use me for a berm. So I'm not saying you should go out and try a HS, but you should just go ride those trails you were talking about and just enjoy it. If you do ride a HS - prepare to have your ass kicked and to be 7 pounds lighter at the end.
scrallex
7/3/2019 7:11am
I respect your love for moto, and I share it. However, those guys in the woods haul ass. When I lived in Jacksonville I belonged to...
I respect your love for moto, and I share it. However, those guys in the woods haul ass. When I lived in Jacksonville I belonged to a club called River City Dirt Riders. I joined because at that time RCDR had 900 acres not far from my house that we could ride on. Unless you own a big chunk of property in or around Jacksonville, you are not going to ride anywhere but in your yard. Everything is gated or posted and belongs to either a hunt club or a paper company. WW track was still a gleam in Junior's eye when I belonged to RCDR's - in other words there were no tracks in Duval County, which is gigantic. So even though there is a lot of open space in Duval County, as I said, it's either gated and locked, posted with "KEEP OUT JOE'S HUNT CLUB TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT SURVIVORS WILL BE SHOT AGAIN."

I very quickly learned riding with those guys that they are no joke. They are talented and riding between two trees with barely enough clearance on either side while hauling ass doesn't phase them. Stumps and tree roots do not bother them. If it hasn't rained it gets crazy dusty - doesn't matter - they plow through it. If it rains you get a sea of mud. No worries. They'll either find a way around or go through it.

One other thing I noticed when I was riding in the woods was just the joy that comes with riding. I could go for miles and not see anyone. It was just me enjoying a dirt bike like when I was a kid. No pressure, no kid trying to use me for a berm. So I'm not saying you should go out and try a HS, but you should just go ride those trails you were talking about and just enjoy it. If you do ride a HS - prepare to have your ass kicked and to be 7 pounds lighter at the end.
Truth right here. Some of the raddest dudes you will ever meet rip woods. Shit, most of the fast dudes in it are ex-moto guys who were extremely talented and never had all the ingredients ($$) to take it anywhere. Those who dog on XC have never done it because, unless you're a top pro in your region, you would get worked by your local hero in the woods. Dudes are animals in their own right and they are more die-hard motorcycle enthusiasts than 99% of people here!

Been riding mx since 3, racing mx since 4, and racing xc since 10. Made it to LL in C class and 2 stroke in 2013. Hung up the boots for college after. Getting back into now as a fresh college grad with a nice degree and a good paying job and even today I don't see the reason to hit the mx track and pay $20-60 for 20-45 min of riding when I could do a local offroad race, enter pro class at $50 and get 2 hours of seat time with a chance to win $300 on the day. I won 250 pro at our second state series race in May and only made $80. Didn't even cover my entry and gate fee!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1635th
7/3/2019 7:34am
davermz450 wrote:
623.52 .... my cart right now on Rockymtn MC
What did you buy?????? Don't tease us!

Post a reply to: $623.52

The Latest