$623.52

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2019 12:58 PM

The cost to enter 2 classes at Loretta Lynn's. No extra car passes or pit vehicles.

|

7/2/2019 1:00 PM

The experience is priceless.

|

7/2/2019 1:07 PM

Loretta’s was a $5000 trip for us, with fuel, entries, hotels, golf cart, pit vehicles, etc

Last one was back in ‘07, so that cost has probably increased a good 20% by now !

It is what it is, I would do it all over again !

|

7/2/2019 1:26 PM

Boy, going to be hard to turn a profit at that rate isn't it?

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

7/2/2019 1:27 PM

It's a Rich man's sport these days.

|

7/2/2019 1:45 PM

5 grand?! Momma Lucia! It's sad a family has to spend that kind of cheese to race. Totally understand the importance of the event, but damn.

|

7/2/2019 1:50 PM

dickjackson170 wrote:

5 grand?! Momma Lucia! It's sad a family has to spend that kind of cheese to race. Totally understand the importance of the event, but damn.

Yep and then junior crashes one moto or bike breaks, no soup for you!

|

7/2/2019 1:53 PM

Good experience. Rich man

|

7/2/2019 2:07 PM

is that literally just 2 entries? include camping for the week?

|

7/2/2019 2:11 PM

Imagine the Stewart's trying to make a name for themselves in today's economy on what they claimed to have had..

The days of a talented young man from a dirt poor family making it big in moto are over. Welcome to the age of the fastest kids of business owners the country over!

|

7/2/2019 2:15 PM

Yep. 5 Grand. 3 Times.
And that was in '04, '05 & '06 (gas was $4.15 gal.)
Katie finished 5th in '05 & 8th in '06 and got $500 from Honda.
Rich man's sport? I'm a Kitchen Manager, didn't cost me anymore than it did to go to Disney World.
They call Disney World "The trip of a lifetime" Loretta's is "The Motocross trip of a lifetime"!

|

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

7/2/2019 2:16 PM

That's more than about tree fiddy

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

7/2/2019 2:28 PM

scrallex wrote:

Imagine the Stewart's trying to make a name for themselves in today's economy on what they claimed to have had..

The days of a talented young man from a dirt poor family making it big in moto are over. Welcome to the age of the fastest kids of business owners the country over!

Today's economy ? The economy is booming. LLs is the exception not the rule, of course you will spend big money to go to LLs but you can race local races and make a name for yourself if you have the talent you will get noticed. Dirt poor family's should not be racing anyway. The riders who blame the cost on not making it big would not have made it even if they had unlimited funds, its just an excuse.

|

Ed Johnson

7/2/2019 2:28 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

is that literally just 2 entries? include camping for the week?

Yes.

|

7/2/2019 2:38 PM

I can't even get myself to go race a local mx race for $60 or whatever it is after riding hare scrambles. Gonna ride 20min and then sit around almost literally all day long just to ride another 20min? Hard pass. So much nicer to show up an hour before the race, put in a couple hours of riding and go home. Boom done.

|

7/2/2019 2:43 PM

Cheaper than hookers an blow...

|

"A rule is a rule and without rules, there is Chaos"....Cosmo Kramer

7/2/2019 2:45 PM

If you're willing to take on a deuce and a half, hookers and blow is waaaaaaaay cheaper.

|

7/2/2019 2:46 PM

langhammx wrote:

Loretta’s was a $5000 trip for us, with fuel, entries, hotels, golf cart, pit vehicles, etc

Last one was back in ‘07, so that cost has probably increased a good 20% by now !

It is what it is, I would do it all over again !

Is it impossible to do LL's without golf carts and pit vehicles? (I've never been there...so it's an honest question.) Do you rent them at the ranch? Or bring them with you?

|

7/2/2019 2:50 PM

byke wrote:

I can't even get myself to go race a local mx race for $60 or whatever it is after riding hare scrambles. Gonna ride 20min and then sit around almost literally all day long just to ride another 20min? Hard pass. So much nicer to show up an hour before the race, put in a couple hours of riding and go home. Boom done.

If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots

|

7/2/2019 2:54 PM

byke wrote:

I can't even get myself to go race a local mx race for $60 or whatever it is after riding hare scrambles. Gonna ride 20min and then sit around almost literally all day long just to ride another 20min? Hard pass. So much nicer to show up an hour before the race, put in a couple hours of riding and go home. Boom done.

Eddieg15 wrote:

If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots

Ever tried one?

|

7/2/2019 2:56 PM

They're pretty fun out here. Usually they touch a mx track for a little bit and then head off into singletrack. I guess it depends on the place. Probably some really good ones in SoCal, plus they have the works series.

|

7/2/2019 3:01 PM

sounds like it would be almost cheaper to race in Australia and chase an Aussie tittle or a national

|

7/2/2019 3:02 PM

byke wrote:

I can't even get myself to go race a local mx race for $60 or whatever it is after riding hare scrambles. Gonna ride 20min and then sit around almost literally all day long just to ride another 20min? Hard pass. So much nicer to show up an hour before the race, put in a couple hours of riding and go home. Boom done.

Eddieg15 wrote:

If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots

Titan1 wrote:

Ever tried one?

Two years ago on a bet did a few in my teens. I’m 59 still hate it. But to each his on. I have miles and miles of trails half mile from me but never ride them. I own mx track and still love to hit the big stuff

|

7/2/2019 3:05 PM

Worth it!!!! Got to pay to play boys!

|

7/2/2019 3:11 PM

Eddieg15 wrote:

If I have to race hs I’ll hang up my boots

Titan1 wrote:

Ever tried one?

Eddieg15 wrote:

Two years ago on a bet did a few in my teens. I’m 59 still hate it. But to each his on. I have miles and miles of trails half mile from me but never ride them. I own mx track and still love to hit the big stuff

To each his own is right...I raced moto until I tried my first HS...haven't been on a moto track since (besides those that are in a couple of GP's I've raced). Moto is a royal rip off in terms of cost to seat time in my opinion, plus there is nothing like the off road crowd-far to many "image conscious" people in the moto scene for me.

|

7/2/2019 3:14 PM

deanwhite51 wrote:

sounds like it would be almost cheaper to race in Australia and chase an Aussie tittle or a national

No talent scouts in Oz unfortunately. Every Aussie has done it overseas on their own. From Leisk onwards.


|

7/2/2019 3:14 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Is it impossible to do LL's without golf carts and pit vehicles? (I've never been there...so it's an honest question.) Do you rent them at the ranch? Or bring them with you?

Well, your rider can ride the bike, but a mile each way to race, watch, go to the riders meeting, sign up.....you get the point. Unless you have a more understanding wife and kids than I do, the short answer is yes.
We brought our own, and when we were there, you could rent them.

|

Better to remain silent and thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

7/2/2019 3:17 PM

To me the adrenaline rush in moto far outweighed hs. Never got excited. And the single track really sucks

|

7/2/2019 3:22 PM

scrallex wrote:

Imagine the Stewart's trying to make a name for themselves in today's economy on what they claimed to have had..

The days of a talented young man from a dirt poor family making it big in moto are over. Welcome to the age of the fastest kids of business owners the country over!

He was a sponsored Kawi rider at that point.

|

7/2/2019 3:22 PM

Mr. Info wrote:

The experience is priceless.

its a shithole track, muggy as hell but I guess that can be called an experience.

|