602 Days Since Last Ride Because Of Battle With leukemia...

Motox627!
3/19/2020 10:05am
HELL YEAHHHHHHH!!! That's awesome man! Prayers for a continued recovery!
Jaybird67k
3/19/2020 10:33am
Great to hear Larry !
Love watching Ethan rip.

Jason
TeamGreen
3/19/2020 10:36am
STOKED for you and your family.

Thank you for sharing this.
Jeff alessi
3/19/2020 10:57am
That is the kind of news to bring up riders spirits!! I'm happy to see riding again was one of the lights at the end of the tunnel and he will get to continue growing, although I'm sure the last two years was a big test he's a mentally strong guy 💪

If your ever in California and want to ride I train kids up at our tracks in the desert and at tracks in Southern California, if you make it out here I would love to meet your son and train with him on a day that I ride with my riders, he can be my guest to show my kids what strong mentality looks like and what you can overcome with strong work, faith and a positive atmosphere to lean on. your kid is a superstar 🤘

The Shop

Zoom
3/19/2020 11:14am
That is the kind of news to bring up riders spirits!! I'm happy to see riding again was one of the lights at the end of...
That is the kind of news to bring up riders spirits!! I'm happy to see riding again was one of the lights at the end of the tunnel and he will get to continue growing, although I'm sure the last two years was a big test he's a mentally strong guy 💪

If your ever in California and want to ride I train kids up at our tracks in the desert and at tracks in Southern California, if you make it out here I would love to meet your son and train with him on a day that I ride with my riders, he can be my guest to show my kids what strong mentality looks like and what you can overcome with strong work, faith and a positive atmosphere to lean on. your kid is a superstar 🤘
Thanks Jeff!

I'm also a trainer (part time) and Ethan has helped out with some of the camps I have done in the past. Would love to partner with you in the future!
Jeff alessi
3/19/2020 11:24am
That is the kind of news to bring up riders spirits!! I'm happy to see riding again was one of the lights at the end of...

Zoom wrote:
Thanks Jeff! I'm also a trainer (part time) and Ethan has helped out with some of the camps I have done in the past. Would love...
Thanks Jeff!

I'm also a trainer (part time) and Ethan has helped out with some of the camps I have done in the past. Would love to partner with you in the future!
Oh that's really cool, I would be happy to do something on the track with you guys anytime. 💪💎
dimetime
3/19/2020 3:58pm
Good stuff. Happy for your family, especially your son.
Erik727
3/20/2020 3:37am
That's AWESOME Larry !!!. Nice to see some good news at these times .. Hope things continue to get better for Ethan and your family. Continued prayers and well wishes from the Shea family ..
KMC440
3/20/2020 4:26am
That's a grueling journey just to get to this point !

Continued sucess with his treatments and keep looking forward and up !
🙏👍
kage173
3/20/2020 4:31am
👍 good stuff. Cant imagine how it would feel to watch your child go through that and then emerge victorious.
davis1650
3/20/2020 10:25am
So awsome!!! with everything going on in the world right now, this is what we need to see!!!!
shuggs
3/20/2020 10:42am
Great news for your family, I love to hear about those in recovery. Seems like you have a positive youngster on the cusp of turning into a mentally tough adult - I thank you for sharing

Seeing positive vibes to you all.
Spudnut
3/20/2020 11:28am
Thats awesome! The lessons he learned about life through his sickness will be with him to guide him through the rest of his life.

Congratulations
SBD
3/20/2020 12:37pm
Zoom wrote:
Our 18 year old son has been battling leukemia for almost 2 years. He went through 9 months of weekly chemo. He has been in the...
Our 18 year old son has been battling leukemia for almost 2 years. He went through 9 months of weekly chemo. He has been in the maintenance phase and lower monthly dosages for several months now.

Click on the link below to see Ethan hitting a couple of tables.

[url=https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3606988142708130&id=1000019…]

He won a Loretta regional moto by 14 seconds in June of 2018. He was too sick to attend the National. Soon after he was diagnosed with leukemia.

Today (March 18,2020) marks his return to riding motocross. With all the craziness in the world, it was an awesome day for us!
That is awesome !! Thanks for sharing this great news.

My best friend was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 18, he was close to death for about a week.
He went through Chemo 3 times, falling in and out of remission. The Drs told him he was to weak for a bone marrow transplant and he wouldnt survive. He fought the hospital board and they allowed him to proceed. Side effects of chemo caused hearing loss and he was told he would not be able to have kids. Bone marrow reharvesting was a success!

Fast forward, he is 45 yrs old now, happily married with 3 kids. He also stayed in college through all of this an has a Masters degree in electrical engineering from San Diego State.

So happy for you and your family !!!!
Mxracer607
3/20/2020 12:42pm
Congrats!!!!!! So awesome I hope to see him at Loretta Lynn’s soon. If you don’t mind me asking what his name is because I would love to keep an eye on him if he goes to LL anytime.
newmann
3/20/2020 2:35pm
Looking good. Congrats to you and the family!
Zoom
3/20/2020 3:28pm
Mxracer607 wrote:
Congrats!!!!!! So awesome I hope to see him at Loretta Lynn’s soon. If you don’t mind me asking what his name is because I would love...
Congrats!!!!!! So awesome I hope to see him at Loretta Lynn’s soon. If you don’t mind me asking what his name is because I would love to keep an eye on him if he goes to LL anytime.
Ethan Hughes
WoodsRacer
Fantasy
2889th
3/22/2020 10:40am
Awesome story! So happy that your son is doing well.

I had rhabdomyosarcoma when I was 8 and it kept me from riding for over 2 years. The whole time in the hospital I watch bar to bar tapes, read any dirt bike magazine anyone would bring in and watched any race on TV. When I turned 11 I had just been cleared of cancer for a couple months and my parents got me a Yamaha RT100. To this day one of my favorite gifts and just another seed that kept me addicted to dirt bikes all life long.

Anyways I say all this just to say I can see where you guys are coming from, first in the struggles and dark times cancer brings, and second how dirt bikes can bring enjoyment and with it hope.

Again, so happy to hear the positive outcome, wish you guys the best, and happy riding!

Post a reply to: 602 Days Since Last Ride Because Of Battle With leukemia...

The Latest