6 Suzuki’s, 4 Huskies, 4 Hondas, 4 KTMs, 2 Kawasakis, 2 Yamahas in the 450 Mains at ATL

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2018 9:24 PM

That’s kinda interesting! When I see what some folks have to say about the different brands versus who ends up in the 22 man field and what brand they’re on....it’s almost surprising.

Let’s face it: they’re all good race bikes. But, there sure are a lot of different teams and riders having success on bikes that don’t get much love from a lot of us.

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

3/4/2018 10:49 PM

How do the contingencies line up?

I think most everyone here, knows your riding a RM z and spruiking its charms.
And thats fine.
Its not bad bike.
It has sat at the bottom of every shoot out (?)
And as mxa said,.there is more than likely a better bike for most people.

Not that im in the market atm, but i wouldnt buy one unless the price was really really good..

|

3/4/2018 10:56 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

That’s kinda interesting! When I see what some folks have to say about the different brands versus who ends up in the 22 man field and what brand they’re on....it’s almost surprising.

Let’s face it: they’re all good race bikes. But, there sure are a lot of different teams and riders having success on bikes that don’t get much love from a lot of us.

it would be interesting to see the complete entry list numbers,

|

3/5/2018 1:07 AM

Last year Suzuki had the most bikes in the mains by a good margin

|

3/5/2018 1:59 AM

But still not selling bikes so it tells me they are shit on top of being last in every shootout why would anyone go buy one?

|

3/5/2018 2:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2018 2:17 AM

People that make consumer decisions because of professionals endorsing certain products or brands are living in a bubble. It's almost a bit sad.

|

3/5/2018 2:32 AM

Motofinne wrote:

People that make consumer decisions because of professionals endorsing certain products or brands are living in a bubble. It's almost a bit sad.

Not if you are 15 and can pressure parent descisions.
I could careless now but at 15 when i was getting a new bike i wanted the yamaha because one of the top pros here in oz was riding one, well actually it was a semi works bike so not what i got but i didnt know shit from clay then..and i got a yam..

|

3/5/2018 2:36 AM

I think i checked last year and there were more yams trying to quakify than the other brands.

|

3/5/2018 2:38 AM

Motofinne wrote:

make1go wrote:

I could careless now but at 15 when i was getting a new bike i wanted the yamaha because one of the top pros here in oz was riding one, well actually it was a semi works bike so not what i got but i didnt know shit from clay then..and i got a yam..

Yeah that is completely different.

I was talking about adults.

|

3/5/2018 3:44 AM

make1go wrote:

And thats fine.
Its not bad bike.

Not that im in the market atm, but i wouldnt buy one unless the price was really really good..

http://pulpmx.com/2018/01/09/pay-the-man-contingency-and-what-its-all-about/

Heres a story Keefer did about the contingency so 2018

|

3/5/2018 4:47 AM

make1go wrote:

And thats fine.
Its not bad bike.

Martini637 wrote:

http://pulpmx.com/2018/01/09/pay-the-man-contingency-and-what-its-all-about/

Heres a story Keefer did about the contingency so 2018

Well according to Keefer's research, I don't understand why every privateer isn't riding a Kawasuki. Like then or not that's a huge difference in funds. Maybe there are some catches to that Keefer didn't point out but doesn't seem that way. Good on Kawi for stepping up for the little people.

|

3/5/2018 5:44 AM

Suzuki is paying a lot of money in local and x-country series.

|

3/5/2018 6:08 AM

Motofinne wrote:

make1go wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

Yeah that is completely different.

I was talking about adults.

I realized that, and that is true for most adults.
i was pointing out a reason why they might be paying for stars of the sport.

(Couple of posts here i like but no like button means endless quoting or new posts, kinda annoying)

|

3/5/2018 6:48 AM

Aren’t there a lot of Kawasaki’s that didn’t make the night program?

Suzuki is certainly being smart right now, the future sales will tell if it’s worth the investment.

|