50th in the world

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2018 10:23 AM

How much money does the 50th best in the world make when talking different sports. Moto/sx? They pay! Golf? Alot! Football? Alot! And they really don't do a thing. Just curious if you know?

|

10/21/2018 10:33 AM

50th in the entire world at anything makes more than RC and MC did combined over their entire careers. This is not a sport. The riders are more akin to circus animals than human beings and get treated accordingly.

|

10/21/2018 11:03 AM

|

10/21/2018 11:13 AM

|

10/21/2018 11:37 AM

99.99999% of people that compete in most any sport make no money. In fact they pay out of pocket for the opportunity. I spent every dime I made back in the day to risk my neck for a chance at glory and an $8.00 plastic trophy. No regrets best times of my life.

|

10/21/2018 12:43 PM

What about athletics, what does the 50th best 100m runner make?

|

10/21/2018 2:09 PM

Frank wrote:

50th in the entire world at anything makes more than RC and MC did combined over their entire careers. This is not a sport. ...more

thats not true.. the current 50th best quarterback (or any other specif position in any sport). is not making more the RC or MC. let alone combined.

|

10/21/2018 5:10 PM

Frank wrote:

50th in the entire world at anything makes more than RC and MC did combined over their entire careers. This is not a sport. ...more

iBobbyb wrote:

thats not true.. the current 50th best quarterback (or any other specif position in any sport). is not making more the RC or ...more

The 50th best QB in the NFL would be a backup and theres 32 teams so the Packers were ranked 19th last season in the power rankings so we'll look at their backup QB.

Brett Hundley - In the 3rd year of a the 4 year rookie contract. Players dont make the serious money until after the rookie contracts.

He made 615,000 last year on just his NFL salary. If he has any endorsement contracts I dont know about them.

Lets look at the closest mid tier veteran backup QB.

Colt McCoy backup for Washington Redskins who were ranked 20th in the power rankings last season.

Not sure what RC or MC makes yearly, but I highly doubt they make as much as backup NFL QB's outside of their rookie contracts.

|

10/21/2018 5:19 PM

Frank wrote:

iBobbyb wrote:

thats not true.. the current 50th best quarterback (or any other specif position in any sport). is not making more the RC or ...more

tkitna80 wrote:

The 50th best QB in the NFL would be a backup and theres 32 teams so the Packers were ranked 19th last season in the power ...more

RC , RV ,MC , RD , Stewart.....made more than that with salary and sponsorships. You also have to include individual race wins. BUT......yes , I do think there are a lot of athlete's make a lot more for not doing much in their particular sport.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/22/2018 7:40 AM

iBobbyb wrote:

tkitna80 wrote:

The 50th best QB in the NFL would be a backup and theres 32 teams so the Packers were ranked 19th last season in the power ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

RC , RV ,MC , RD , Stewart.....made more than that with salary and sponsorships. You also have to include individual race ...more

How much did some of those guys make last year? I cant seem to find it.

|

10/22/2018 9:04 AM

How much is the T.V. contact for each sport?

What is the viewing audience?

I imagine the number of people that watched the most watched MX / SX race is still less than the least watched NFL game yesterday.

1,000,00?

|

10/22/2018 9:06 AM

KDXGarage wrote:

How much is the T.V. contact for each sport?

What is the viewing audience?

I imagine the number of people that watched the ...more

X2 each nfl stadium is usually full. 50-95k people. Every weekend.

|

10/22/2018 9:06 AM

tkitna80 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

RC , RV ,MC , RD , Stewart.....made more than that with salary and sponsorships. You also have to include individual race ...more

tkitna80 wrote:

And you won't find it online.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

10/22/2018 10:43 AM

When will thease Tomac threads ever end?

J/k silly

|

Titanium reinforced throttle wrist since 18/05 2007

10/22/2018 10:45 AM

Wasn't there a relative of Goose's that left Moto to play Golf, how's he doing?

|

10/22/2018 1:42 PM

Dont think its fair to compare 50th best across the board. There are way more people involved with golf/football than moto.

To be the 50th best motocrosser would be the equivalent of what, the 500th best golfer, and the 1,000th best football player?

|

10/22/2018 2:22 PM

the 50th best motocrosser is making nothing. They are spending more than they are making. Unless they have some amazing marketing skills for sponsor money

|

10/22/2018 3:53 PM

Are we really debating that motocross racers don't make as much as their equivalent in a much larger and more popular sport? VBT in full function lately.

|

10/22/2018 5:48 PM

loftyair wrote:

How much money does the 50th best in the world make when talking different sports. Moto/sx? They pay! Golf? Alot! Football? ...more

The idea that the top performers in other sports "really don't do a thing" is pretty stupid. The top guys in any sport have committed so much effort to master their craft that most of us "mere mortals" can't comprehend it.

Trying to diminish the work and effort of athletes in different sports is borne of insecurity.

|

10/22/2018 8:03 PM

loftyair wrote:

How much money does the 50th best in the world make when talking different sports. Moto/sx? They pay! Golf? Alot! Football? ...more

APLMAN99 wrote:

The idea that the top performers in other sports "really don't do a thing" is pretty stupid. The top guys in any sport have ...more

I agree with all that APL. Each sport pays out , what the sport itself can bring in. A top watched sport like NBA or NFL.....is going to pay more then professional badminton.

|

10/23/2018 1:50 AM

Do the numbers, the 50th best motocorsser would be a factory rider somewhere in the world

|

10/23/2018 2:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 2:34 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

tkitna80 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

And you won't find it online.

How do you know they made more than that then?

|

10/23/2018 7:08 AM

To the OP.. what is the point of the original post? Were you hoping you'd get a bunch of answers with people who are the 50th or worst in their sport and still make millions of dollars each year and then "show" us all that the 50th best guy in motocross races out of his van and has a full time job?

|

Here's to feeling good all the time

10/23/2018 7:57 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Do the numbers, the 50th best motocorsser would be a factory rider somewhere in the world

If we use the mxon as our compass, Tomac is around 20th because he got sixth overall. He just won a million dollars in one race, so I think we're doing alright.

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter

10/23/2018 2:14 PM

inthebadboycorner wrote:

Wasn't there a relative of Goose's that left Moto to play Golf, how's he doing?

I bet Goose's lil Bro makes good money but hes not an athlete. He is an actor.

|

Vital news is 100% true 30% of the time.

10/23/2018 2:37 PM

loftyair wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

The idea that the top performers in other sports "really don't do a thing" is pretty stupid. The top guys in any sport have ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

I agree with all that APL. Each sport pays out , what the sport itself can bring in. A top watched sport like NBA or ...more

They still do alright tho! I love the shit Vital makes me Google! tongue
Photo

|