50 days away from the MXdN !!!

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/10/2012 3:20pm
mccread wrote:
He won't need too because he will be faster. Barcia might try something on him though.
TDeath21 wrote:
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely...
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely to hang it out.
mccread wrote:
Add Cairoli to the mix too!
AC has had some good runs at Lommel....just BAD LUCK at the MXoN over the years though.
Hopefully he has no bad luck this year.
mccread
8/10/2012 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2012 3:27pm
That's because the only chance their teams have of winning is if they hang it out and win it. Typically the only way Americans can lose...
That's because the only chance their teams have of winning is if they hang it out and win it. Typically the only way Americans can lose it is if we have someone screw up and crash. Guess which one is going to ride conservatively and guess which one will hang it out?
making excuses already before the event? not confident that anyone can beat herlings this year?
FastEddy wrote:
It is Lommel I think everyone ends up on the ground there a time or two or even three. :) That's another thing also.....A guy like...
It is Lommel I think everyone ends up on the ground there a time or two or even three. Smile

That's another thing also.....A guy like de Reuver who is not only fast in the sand but has also ridden/raced there many times has learned from his mistakes.I'm sure he will be more solid/consistent and try to minimize any mishaps.

As for Team USA,I do not think it will be a runaway by any means as far as Individual race/class wins go or the OA scoring of the event. Starts for our MX2 guy are going to be the most crucial thing I believe (that is why I want Barcia on a 250F there). Being under powered by the 450's and having to blitz through that field will be no easy task. Two bad starts by our MX2 guy could really set us back if one of our 450 guys has a bad moto and we have to throw it away.
I think Team USA has a good chance at winning ,but I don't think it will be easy by any means.
Some of those GP's guys can be really consistent at this event and get out front fast.
Remember Russian Bobby last year? The guy really stood out in France......most Americans mouths dropped when he was hanging there.
Team USA should win imo.

If it was a "European" team of Herlings, Cairoli and Desalle/Roczen, then they would probably lose, but the best GP riders are all from different countries , it isn't Europe v USA so as a team USA should walk it. Cairoli is arguably the best in the world but it is unlikely he will ever win the MXDN because his teammates aren't as strong as Dungey's teammates.

The US can pick the two winners and second place in their series, no one else can do that. The equivelent riders in the GPS are all from different countries. They will always have the advantage as a team because they have three pure top class riders, and if people think they are going to be struggle in the sand they are mistaken, they will be right there.
Ewan
8/10/2012 3:29pm
mccread wrote:
He won't need too because he will be faster. Barcia might try something on him though.
TDeath21 wrote:
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely...
We will see. Barcia in the sand is pretty awesome. Herlings is too, as is Dungey. If there is a battle, Herlings is much more likely to hang it out.
With Stanton as his mentor I don't think I would screw with Justin too much and I don't think he will be intimidated very easily. It...
With Stanton as his mentor I don't think I would screw with Justin too much and I don't think he will be intimidated very easily. It should be interesting!
If Barcia's Kryptonite is the same as Stanton's the dutch better stock up on Kit Kats........

As is true for every year,i cannot wait for this race. Des Nations is easily my favourite MX event
8/10/2012 3:31pm
That's because the only chance their teams have of winning is if they hang it out and win it. Typically the only way Americans can lose...
That's because the only chance their teams have of winning is if they hang it out and win it. Typically the only way Americans can lose it is if we have someone screw up and crash. Guess which one is going to ride conservatively and guess which one will hang it out?
making excuses already before the event? not confident that anyone can beat herlings this year?
FastEddy wrote:
It is Lommel I think everyone ends up on the ground there a time or two or even three. :) That's another thing also.....A guy like...
It is Lommel I think everyone ends up on the ground there a time or two or even three. Smile

That's another thing also.....A guy like de Reuver who is not only fast in the sand but has also ridden/raced there many times has learned from his mistakes.I'm sure he will be more solid/consistent and try to minimize any mishaps.

As for Team USA,I do not think it will be a runaway by any means as far as Individual race/class wins go or the OA scoring of the event. Starts for our MX2 guy are going to be the most crucial thing I believe (that is why I want Barcia on a 250F there). Being under powered by the 450's and having to blitz through that field will be no easy task. Two bad starts by our MX2 guy could really set us back if one of our 450 guys has a bad moto and we have to throw it away.
I think Team USA has a good chance at winning ,but I don't think it will be easy by any means.
Some of those GP's guys can be really consistent at this event and get out front fast.
Remember Russian Bobby last year? The guy really stood out in France......most Americans mouths dropped when he was hanging there.
thats why its wide open this year! lommel is one of those tracks where anyone can crash! team belgium could be in with a good chance of winning-through consistency.

bobby being out front wouldnt surprise anyone that follows gp's- when he's fit he can beat anyone.

i hope cairoli has a bit of luck this year, he is really fast at this track (at any sand track) and he's had more than his share of bad luck at recent mxdn- i still think herlings will dominate both moto's he is in though if fully fit. I hope either cairoli, dungey, roczen or barcia can give him a run for his money but if he gets off the start i really cant see anyone staying with him round there

the americans still have a good chance of the overall, but its not as clear cut as most years with it being at lommel

The Shop

FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
8/10/2012 3:39pm
mccread wrote:
Team USA should win imo. If it was a "European" team of Herlings, Cairoli and Desalle/Roczen, then they would probably lose, but the best GP riders...
Team USA should win imo.

If it was a "European" team of Herlings, Cairoli and Desalle/Roczen, then they would probably lose, but the best GP riders are all from different countries , it isn't Europe v USA so as a team USA should walk it. Cairoli is arguably the best in the world but it is unlikely he will ever win the MXDN because his teammates aren't as strong as Dungey's teammates.

The US can pick the two winners and second place in their series, no one else can do that. The equivelent riders in the GPS are all from different countries. They will always have the advantage as a team because they have three pure top class riders, and if people think they are going to be struggle in the sand they are mistaken, they will be right there.
I don't think we are going to struggle in a sense of generally riding/racing in the sand.
But if all 3 of our riders do not get decent starts.......we will have our work cut out for us at that place.
Our MX2 guy will have the most work cut out for him....IMO.
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 5:42pm
I created a post that made 3 pages.

Boom.

Roll on the MXdN

Smile
1-forty-8
8/10/2012 6:00pm
1-forty-8 wrote:
I created a post that made 3 pages.

Boom.

Roll on the MXdN

Smile
Want a cookie?
That would be awesome.. What flavors you offering?

Post a reply to: 50 days away from the MXdN !!!

The Latest