50/50 Herlings comes over

5/1/2022 7:47am
alex69 wrote:
Jeffrey is now live on Dutch television and said everything is going alright and is going to seen the doctor this week. So the host said...
Jeffrey is now live on Dutch television and said everything is going alright and is going to seen the doctor this week.
So the host said the next race are the outdoors, Jeffrey answered that are your words, but he also said it's going to be difficult because it's only 4 weeks left.
Jeffrey wasn't on the television for 4 weeks so I think he was in full training, swimming the gym cycling but I think they realise it's to short and difficult to become in race fitness.
I really hope I'm wrong.
Huh? I'm confused.
BD700
5/1/2022 9:43am
I heard he was at Clermont Florida riding from a source in Orlando. Not sure the veracity of this but the guy is a moto ex track owner in FL…
5/1/2022 9:48am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2022 9:52am
BD700 wrote:
I heard he was at Clermont Florida riding from a source in Orlando. Not sure the veracity of this but the guy is a moto ex...
I heard he was at Clermont Florida riding from a source in Orlando. Not sure the veracity of this but the guy is a moto ex track owner in FL…
he was live on dutch TV today , hasnt raced a bike yet

The Shop

Front242
5/1/2022 10:05am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2022 10:38am
well we'll see it's 50/50 Roczen will line up at the gate
Spergen
5/1/2022 11:08am
biscuit11 wrote:
Maybe ill rephrase my quote lol wow… the stick and ball sports with millions and millions of $ where the best from around the world leave...
Maybe ill rephrase my quote lol wow… the stick and ball sports with millions and millions of $ where the best from around the world leave their countries to come and play. The more popular ones worldwide… basketball, baseball, the biggest $ sport in the world thats centered in one country also happens to be here. I apologize if 1/10 of the people who watch the sports i mentioned watch any other one besides soccer but the point is the $ is here… curious of the rugby/cricket championships tv ratings worldwide compared to nba finals or the world series… we can leave the super bowl out of it😂 again ill repeat the $ is here way more even in this sport then a race at a construction site in Indonesia. The list of top euros coming here far outweighs the list of americans going there at all. There is a reason lol $$$$$$
A quick google search of Cricket World Cup viewing figures will answer your question.
Quick Google and the max audience figures I got were 114million for the Superbowl and 1.6 billion for cricket. Shit I even like cricket and used to play but didn't know it was that popular! But then again it is massive in India and Pakistan
jemcee
5/1/2022 6:27pm
Spergen wrote:
Quick Google and the max audience figures I got were 114million for the Superbowl and 1.6 billion for cricket. Shit I even like cricket and used...
Quick Google and the max audience figures I got were 114million for the Superbowl and 1.6 billion for cricket. Shit I even like cricket and used to play but didn't know it was that popular! But then again it is massive in India and Pakistan
I was on a surf trip in Sri Lanka back in the day (2002) and Sri Lanka were playing India (If I remember correctly) and the place was shut down haha, EVERY tv and every radio had the cricket on!
5/2/2022 12:53am
Spergen wrote:
Quick Google and the max audience figures I got were 114million for the Superbowl and 1.6 billion for cricket. Shit I even like cricket and used...
I think the 1.6 billion is overall views from the start of the world cup to the end, so not a fair comparison to the super bowl, however the cricket world cup final viewing figures were 167 million. Which is still considerably higher than the Super Bowl.

Basically, that biscuit guy has had a mare.
shuggs
5/2/2022 2:48am
Spergen wrote:
Also add the other countries roundabout India then add Africa, Australia & New Zealand. It truly is THE massive world wide sport. Me I just don’t get it and cannot watch it.
Spergen
5/2/2022 7:21am
Spergen wrote:
shuggs wrote:
Also add the other countries roundabout India then add Africa, Australia & New Zealand. It truly is THE massive world wide sport. Me I just don’t...
Also add the other countries roundabout India then add Africa, Australia & New Zealand. It truly is THE massive world wide sport. Me I just don’t get it and cannot watch it.
Haha I get you, watching can be painful but playing is quite good and fun, what other sport can you take a beer out with you while your fielding? An as you can imagine I didn't play for a team that took it seriously
Spergen
5/2/2022 7:26am
Spergen wrote:
I think the 1.6 billion is overall views from the start of the world cup to the end, so not a fair comparison to the super...
I think the 1.6 billion is overall views from the start of the world cup to the end, so not a fair comparison to the super bowl, however the cricket world cup final viewing figures were 167 million. Which is still considerably higher than the Super Bowl.

Basically, that biscuit guy has had a mare.
I'm not sure, I did read the largest over a world cup match was in 2019 with 2.6billion so the 1.6 could be correct? I just know I would rather watch mx though either GP's or the nationals
5/2/2022 7:39am
Spergen wrote:
I'm not sure, I did read the largest over a world cup match was in 2019 with 2.6billion so the 1.6 could be correct? I just...
I'm not sure, I did read the largest over a world cup match was in 2019 with 2.6billion so the 1.6 could be correct? I just know I would rather watch mx though either GP's or the nationals
Maybe. But you're right. Mx every day of the week over that other crap.
NorCal1975
5/2/2022 8:13am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2022 8:16am
Shaft721 wrote:
Just in case anyone is too lazy to translate Jeffrey will be trying to ride next week (Monday-Tuesday)
Riding this week, (supposedly today May 2nd, with a decision on what they will do on Tuesday May 3rd). Here was the relevant part from that article. Its kind of odd though because this article said he was back on the bike on May 2nd for the first time (today), but I thought he had ridden early last week? Anyway,

© KTM
Jeffrey Herlings: Back on the bike for the first time on May 2nd – after a three-month break

Jeffrey Herlings will do a first ride test tomorrow. On Tuesday it will be decided whether he will join the US outdoor series at the end of May. Tom Vialle will ride the MXGP in 2023, Andrea Adamo is his MX2 successor.
Motorsport highlights twice a week straight to your inbox.

Dutchman Jeffrey Herlings, 2021 MXGP World Champion, has been out of action since January 31 following a fractured heel bone. Motocross fans have been puzzling for weeks as to what will happen next for the Red Bull KTM factory rider, because a delayed entry into the MXGP World Championship makes little sense because of the lack of title chances.

"Jeffrey Herlings will be back on the bike for the first time tomorrow, Monday," reported KTM Motorsport Director Pit Beirer today at the Jerez GP when asked by SPEEDWEEK.com. «On Tuesday we will meet in Mattighofen to discuss the future. We want to do the driving test first and then decide what happens.”
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/2/2022 10:10am
I thought he rode last week and it did not go well?
I believe that is what was said from a podcast with Mathes, but maybe he got bad info.
Decoster stated that he would see the Dr on Tuesday (tomorrow) to determine if he will need another surgery. (Which Decoster also said might be the case).
I think some insiders and moto journalists tend to jump the gun on these stories, to get the information out there. This creates a situation that cause the casual fans to think that this INFO is factual, since it came from credible sources.
From Decoster’ s statement, it would seem that he’s not coming. But there are still a few that feel he will be coming. I’d guess we’ll see some sort of press release after tomorrow’s Dr appt., but I’m not holding my breath.

Then there’s the Musquin debacle…. It has been mentioned by several credible sources that he is taking the summer off and signed a SX only contract. Yet there is still some who claim he will be racing, since Webb is not lining up and Herlings is (probably) not coming after all.

Not to mention the Webb rumors of trading spots with Roczen or heading back to Star.

Definitely one of the most unknown silly season threads in recent years ….

tek14
5/2/2022 10:16am
langhammx wrote:
I believe that is what was said from a podcast with Mathes, but maybe he got bad info. Decoster stated that he would see the Dr...
I believe that is what was said from a podcast with Mathes, but maybe he got bad info.
Decoster stated that he would see the Dr on Tuesday (tomorrow) to determine if he will need another surgery. (Which Decoster also said might be the case).
I think some insiders and moto journalists tend to jump the gun on these stories, to get the information out there. This creates a situation that cause the casual fans to think that this INFO is factual, since it came from credible sources.
From Decoster’ s statement, it would seem that he’s not coming. But there are still a few that feel he will be coming. I’d guess we’ll see some sort of press release after tomorrow’s Dr appt., but I’m not holding my breath.

Then there’s the Musquin debacle…. It has been mentioned by several credible sources that he is taking the summer off and signed a SX only contract. Yet there is still some who claim he will be racing, since Webb is not lining up and Herlings is (probably) not coming after all.

Not to mention the Webb rumors of trading spots with Roczen or heading back to Star.

Musquin could run for Husqvarna outdoors as Mookie is alone there?
Everyone wants to see Herlings racing even he has to build his race craft round by round. He made comeback at MXGP after sitting out many rounds last year.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
5/2/2022 10:21am
langhammx wrote:
I believe that is what was said from a podcast with Mathes, but maybe he got bad info. Decoster stated that he would see the Dr...

tek14 wrote:
Musquin could run for Husqvarna outdoors as Mookie is alone there? Everyone wants to see Herlings racing even he has to build his race craft round...
Musquin could run for Husqvarna outdoors as Mookie is alone there?
Everyone wants to see Herlings racing even he has to build his race craft round by round. He made comeback at MXGP after sitting out many rounds last year.
I think you’re missing the point. It’s been said that Marvin signed a SX only deal. Meaning he didn’t back out of racing the nationals, he chose not to race, meaning he doesn’t WANT to race.
Many thought he would retire after SX. Not sure if he’s decided to race again next year or not, but I’d think since he seems to have found his speed back, he might return next year, maybe on another bike or back on a KTM, who knows…
antonn
5/2/2022 10:32am
Speaking to Speedweek, Beirer Herlings said he still wanted to go to America. "If Jeffrey is fit, then our plan is to send him to America," the motorsport boss confirms the previous stories. Whether it will come to that is far from certain. Before that, it will first have to be shown whether Herlings will be fit in time. The first test is next Monday, Beirer explained. "Herlings will be back on the bike for the first time on Monday. We will meet in Mattighofen on Tuesday to discuss the future. We want to do a driving test first and then decide what to do."

Herlings was injured in a fall during a photo shoot at the end of January. He broke his heel and had to have surgery. It is the second time that Herlings has seen a season go up in smoke after an MXGP world championship, which he so spectacularly won at the end of 2021. The same thing happened to him in 2019. Even then there were rumors about a move to America, but the injury was too serious to get fit in time. This season, Herlings' injury looked more favorable to cross the Atlantic. Motorsport.com learned that Herlings would have to be on the bike for a minimum of four weeks to regain competition fitness, preparations for the American adventure were already being made. With the AMA Nationals starting on May 29, that deadline now seems to have passed.

In the meantime, KTM has already announced an extra rider for the outdoor program in America. In addition to Tony Cairoli, former champion Ryan Dungey will also compete for the first time in three years. Like the Sicilian legend, Dungey will drive at least the first two races. For now, of the KTM riders competing in the Supercross championship, only Aaron Plessinger seems to have his sights set on the outdoors. Marvin Musquin has no contract for the Nationals and Cooper Webb doesn't seem interested either.
Meer over deze brontekstBrontekst vereist voor aanvullende vertaalinformatie
Feedback sturen
Zijvensters
wreckitrandy
5/2/2022 11:53am
biscuit11 wrote:
Every single stick and ball sport the top league in the world is in the USA except soccer. I think there is more racing and less...
Every single stick and ball sport the top league in the world is in the USA except soccer. I think there is more racing and less traveling here and there isnt any reason he would be any different than the top international guys who have came before him.
Robgvx wrote:
I’ll look forward to watching the US Rugby and Cricket then.
Cricket? Is that the one where they use a boat paddle for a bat? I believe I'd rather watch darts.

Post a reply to: 50/50 Herlings comes over

The Latest