50/50 Herlings comes over

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2022 3:28 AM

mx617 wrote:

Matthes says here there is "another bomb to drop" that affects herlings decision to come stateside. Any idea what that bomb ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Tony won't be coming over for the full season. He's already told Roger no because he doesn't want to be away from home for ...more

Taking pages from Ellie Reed book.
Dungey never interested about MXGP?

|

4/6/2022 10:02 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Tony won't be coming over for the full season. He's already told Roger no because he doesn't want to be away from home for ...more

Don't tease me bro!

|

4/6/2022 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2022 11:15 AM

Tomac is my #1 guy, but even I know a healthy Herlings has CURRENT Tomac covered. What I mean by that is I believe Tomac would step up his outdoor game to the next level with Herlings in the series, as would Ferrandis. This would be akin to what happened in 2006 with RC vs. Stewart: James was faster than RC was in '05, but RC pushed his riding to a new level yet again to match and beat Stewart outdoors more times than not.

|

4/6/2022 11:42 AM

mx617 wrote:

Matthes says here there is "another bomb to drop" that affects herlings decision to come stateside. Any idea what that bomb ...more

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx617 wrote:

Don't tease me bro!

Ask yourself the following question.

With Tony not coming over for the full season, Musquin on an SX only contract, Webb struggling in SX this year and him not exactly the best 450 outdoor rider, what or who could affect the decision of KTM bringing Herlings over stateside for the Nationals?

There's only 1 other big name KTM rider that comes to mind and I don't think he exactly comes cheap.

Keep in mind the salaries for the US Nationals are paid by KTM North America. I'm not saying that it's happening as I don't know, but it's a valid point of discussion.

Don't forget that he wanted to come back when he switched to that whole Honda thing, but he wasn't able to secure the necessary funding to put together his own effort at the level it needed to be. With Musquin on an SX only contract it eliminates that problem.

He rode the new bike outdoors late last year and Roger apparently said that he looked as fast as anyone he had seen riding all year.

People have a hard time seeing the possibility of Herlings coming over which is understandable, but I don't think the scenario above is that far fetched when you really think about it.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

4/6/2022 11:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2022 4:12 PM

tek14 wrote:

Taking pages from Ellie Reed book.
Dungey never interested about MXGP?

I'm not sure if he ever was interested in the MXGP series. At this point in his life I would think that ship has sailed.

Coming back to race the US nationals is a more realistic option with him having a young family, a business and all that.

As for taking pages out of Ellie Reed's book, I don't think they're that kind of people and I'm just thinking outside the box.

|

4/6/2022 1:20 PM

philG wrote:

Of course its 50/50

He either will or he wont.

Oh ok, so I guess there's a 50/50 chance I'll die in my sleep tonight since i'll either wake up in the morning or I won't. SMH.

|

4/6/2022 2:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx617 wrote:

Don't tease me bro!

-MAVERICK- wrote:

With Tony not coming over for the full season, Musquin on an SX only contract, Webb ...more

Before I get too excited, are we talking about RD5 making an outdoor entry? Am I understanding the emphasis correctly?

|

4/6/2022 4:33 PM

Glowie wrote:

Before I get too excited, are we talking about RD5 making an outdoor entry? Am I understanding the emphasis correctly?

That's what I mentioned in my first post on this page.

Again, I'm not saying that he's lining up, just that it's not that far fetched when you start connecting the puzzle pieces.

That's the only thing that comes to mind that could be a "bomb drop" in regards to not only the 450 class but KTM.

Marvin did an interview with Donn over at SwapMotoLive and it sounds like he already has plans for the summer and they don't involve racing a dirt bike.

Which other rider has a big enough name that would warrant Matthes saying dropping a "bomb" in industry news? A big enough name to impact KTM's decision on having Herlings racing the US Nationals?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|

4/6/2022 11:37 PM

Yep. Webb rode amazingly well at his hometown race in Charlotte. But that one 250 race doesn't define or belittle Herlings' greatness as a motocross rider and racer.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- Yamaha YZ450F 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

4/7/2022 1:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2022 1:25 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

With Tony not coming over for the full season, Musquin on an SX only contract, Webb ...more

Glowie wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That's what I mentioned in my first post on this page.

Again, I'm not saying that he's lining up, just that it's not that far ...more

What you're saying makes sense but I don't really think one scenario would necessarily have to effect the other since Herlings would come backed by his MXGP team in different ways. It wouldn't be like a privateer pitting his bike under the factory KTM tent but he doesn't really need a lot from Roger and Ian with the support he'd have from Austria, his salary and expenses would be covered, his gp and practice mechanic will probably be with him and he's also already been at Aldon's place. On the other hand Dungey needs the full package from KTM north america to go race with them but I think he's the one between the two that they'd have to make a lot of room for

|

4/7/2022 4:25 AM

He told me he has his eyes on 5 potential rental houses.. Pretty small but just big enough to win in the weekends.. But still all depends on the heel recovery....

|

4/7/2022 4:50 AM

LVB107 wrote:

He told me he has his eyes on 5 potential rental houses.. Pretty small but just big enough to win in the weekends.. But still ...more

I heard in an interview Dirk Gruebel saying he has a checkup with his doctor in a week or so, I guess it would be pretty important to evaluate his recovery since he has been off crutches for a bit now. The more time he can have on the bike before the first round the better it is, May 28th is not that far

|

4/7/2022 6:20 AM

profeshenal125 wrote:

The nationals might get pushed back a month or so. Since it’s still only 42 for a high at LL in Tn. And snowing in the Midwest ...more

Lay off the weed man. The nationals are two months away.

|

4/7/2022 6:25 AM

As much as I’d love to see it, I’m afraid it ain’t happening.

|

4/7/2022 6:38 AM

langhammx wrote:

But, so many people believe! Just like they believe in the Easter bunny

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

4/7/2022 6:58 AM

langhammx wrote:

USA wrote:

But, so many people believe! Just like they believe in the Easter bunny

Hey can we leave the Easter bunny out of this

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/8/2022 5:34 AM

Well with Webb getting hurt. Its painting a no brainer for KTM for outdoors...

|

I'm just here to stir sh#t up...

4/8/2022 6:11 AM

I believe!!!

|

4/8/2022 6:28 AM

IF Herlings came over he’s been injured for months. That isn’t the 3 vs 84 matchup we want to see.

|

4/8/2022 7:23 AM

RaceFace58 wrote:

IF Herlings came over he’s been injured for months. That isn’t the 3 vs 84 matchup we want to see.

But it might be all we'll ever get. Beggars can't be choosers

|

4/8/2022 8:53 AM

Boomslang wrote:

Well, the reality is that Herlings (KTM) has a less than good chance at winning the Championship in MXGP and the US KTM riders ...more

Sadly, the US isn't very mighty anymore.

|

4/8/2022 2:22 PM

Herlings was on the television tonight.
He is now walking without crutches and will be told next week whether he will resume motorcycle training.
The host asked him if it is true he is going to ride the outdoors.
Herlings certainly didn't deny that, but isn't sure if he,'ll be in shape in time.
The host said those rumors were there a few years ago and weren't true, but Jeffrey said the situation is different now.

|

4/8/2022 8:58 PM

alex69 wrote:

He is now walking without crutches and will be told next week whether he will resume ...more

Seems like everyone in the states wants to see this happen, what is the consensus from the moto fans in Europe? You guys rather see him run a season over there or come back and race out the rest of the GP season? Seems like there would be a ton of Euro interest in the US series if he came over here, but can you guys even get the television coverage there?

|

4/9/2022 12:23 AM

alex69 wrote:

He is now walking without crutches and will be told next week whether he will resume ...more

NorCal1975 wrote:

Seems like everyone in the states wants to see this happen, what is the consensus from the moto fans in Europe? You guys ...more

Off course we rather seen him race in the MXGP.
But he is missing so much GP's a championship is impossible, only the record of GP's wins is possible.
There isn't a teammate he can help so a full outdoors is a solution, and can always race the last GP's.
There is always a solution to watch the outdoors, maybe not always live, but if Jeffrey racing the outdoors I think there will be more streams.

|

4/9/2022 12:47 AM

NorCal1975 wrote:

Seems like everyone in the states wants to see this happen, what is the consensus from the moto fans in Europe? You guys ...more

I think the majority wants him ro race outdoors. Also there are plenty of options on how to watch so that is no issue at all. Him being a championship contender is way more interesting than not being no matter the series! But in this case with him racing fast guys that he rarely has done before on whole new tracks is something else IMO

|

4/9/2022 1:46 AM

alex69 wrote:

NorCal1975 wrote:

I miss watching him in GPs,but under the circumstances I would rather watch him in the states,it would definitely gain some extra excitement and viewers.
its now or never

|

4/9/2022 2:37 AM

I wish Herlings & Febvre were both racing GP’s right now because Gajser will run away with the title.

|

4/9/2022 5:03 AM

If he comes, he may not go back.

|

4/9/2022 5:12 AM

biscuit11 wrote:

If he comes, he may not go back.

So you think he'll just take up SX? Doubtful. If he races over here this year, it's only because the stars happened to line up because of the timing of his injury.

|

4/9/2022 5:53 AM

Let Anstie run the GPs and Herlings (if in shape) run the Nationals.
Everyone happy

|