50/50 Herlings comes over

4/5/2022 1:15am
Won’t happen. Herling’s not on the bike yet and his injury seems to be more serious and complicated than the first reports said. Still waiting for more official news soon, it’s been silent for a while now and silence in this kind of cases is usually not a positive sign.
But let’s pretend Herlings is ready for the bike at the end of month, do you honestly think he’s ready for The Nationals which start a few weeks later? I don’t think so.
I think this will be an ’off-year’, he’s not gonna rush to be back on the track this time. Just after the crash I thought he would be back for Kegums in Latvia but now I don’t know. Maybe he’ll do a couple of GP’s in the second half of season.
CPR
4/5/2022 2:29am
Won’t happen. Herling’s not on the bike yet and his injury seems to be more serious and complicated than the first reports said. Still waiting for...
Won’t happen. Herling’s not on the bike yet and his injury seems to be more serious and complicated than the first reports said. Still waiting for more official news soon, it’s been silent for a while now and silence in this kind of cases is usually not a positive sign.
But let’s pretend Herlings is ready for the bike at the end of month, do you honestly think he’s ready for The Nationals which start a few weeks later? I don’t think so.
I think this will be an ’off-year’, he’s not gonna rush to be back on the track this time. Just after the crash I thought he would be back for Kegums in Latvia but now I don’t know. Maybe he’ll do a couple of GP’s in the second half of season.
I hope this is wrong, but you may well be right.
Heel injuries take a loooonnnnnggggg time, and then he has to get back up to speed. I can’t see Herlings, or KTM supporting an AMA outdoor run unless he’s 100%.
How good would it be if it does happen though?! Potentially a legendary season.
chuckdavies
4/5/2022 2:52am
Yeh I can't see it happening, as much as I'd love it to! Maybe if he was fit and healthy and I have no doubt he would win the title. But he posted a photo on his Insta story recently and his foot looks like a hoof. Still pretty battered and at what point in the near future does he need to be back on the bike to be 100% ready for Rd1 in less than 8 weeks?

The Shop

85Edits
4/5/2022 3:23am
Herlings is unfortunately not going to ride the Nationals. He signed up for a pro motocross race in the Netherlands at the end of july. Also, he probably won't be fully fit before the end of May. He has said in the past that he only wants to take on the challenge if he is 100% fit.
Motofinne
4/5/2022 3:30am
Even if KTM would get behind it, time is running out for him to be fit for rd1.
AH387
4/5/2022 7:23am
I would love for him to come over. Especially with how Eli is riding, that would make for some epic battles. And I can't count out Ferrandis either. That being said, you would think that KTM bringing Herlings over isn't going to sit well with Webb and AP, right? It's KTM basically saying that they don't believe either of those guys can win the title, in a way. Not sure how much that matters, but just something I thought of. Regardless, would be awesome if JH races over here. That's also great for the Nationals series, in general, so I'm all for it.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
4/5/2022 8:43am
Would love to see it... Seems like Herlings recovery is going slower than expected, so I doubt it will happen.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
4/5/2022 9:01am
Press516 wrote:
Would love to see it... Seems like Herlings recovery is going slower than expected, so I doubt it will happen.
Or he’s not rushing it because there is a Plan B
Mr. Afterbar
4/5/2022 9:05am
AH387 wrote:
I would love for him to come over. Especially with how Eli is riding, that would make for some epic battles. And I can't count out...
I would love for him to come over. Especially with how Eli is riding, that would make for some epic battles. And I can't count out Ferrandis either. That being said, you would think that KTM bringing Herlings over isn't going to sit well with Webb and AP, right? It's KTM basically saying that they don't believe either of those guys can win the title, in a way. Not sure how much that matters, but just something I thought of. Regardless, would be awesome if JH races over here. That's also great for the Nationals series, in general, so I'm all for it.
Seems like a great opportunity for Webb and AP to show management and the fans they are wrong. If they can't, then there should be nothing to be upset about.
McG194
4/5/2022 9:14am
Mit12 wrote:
Who cares if he comes over for the nationals? Either come race SX and MX or stay home.
Expecting Herlings to race SX is silly a this point. Force him to do that and he's going to spend more time in the MRI than on the track.

He may be one of the greatest motocross racers of all time but he's not a Supercross racer.
AH387
4/5/2022 9:17am
Seems like a great opportunity for Webb and AP to show management and the fans they are wrong. If they can't, then there should be nothing...
Seems like a great opportunity for Webb and AP to show management and the fans they are wrong. If they can't, then there should be nothing to be upset about.
Ya that is a fair point also.
4/5/2022 10:22am
Titan1 wrote:
If he wins the national title, it would sure boost his resume for the FMOP…that’s for sure.
And if he doesn't, they'll say he came in injured and wasn't 100%. Whistling
USA
Fantasy
507th
4/5/2022 10:35am
There is zero chance Herlings comes over for the series. This is all just to generate more hype so that when he does come back to MXGP the ratings go back up.

It also would look very bad for KTM to send him here just to go back in a few months with no championship and no 100 GP wins.
VanDan
4/5/2022 10:48am
Here's a written version of the interview mentioned in the first post. There's a good update on his injury in here too, for those who are...
Here's a written version of the interview mentioned in the first post. There's a good update on his injury in here too, for those who are wondering where he is at.

Dirk Gruebel on #84's injury and the Pro Motocross rumours.

I know what I would put my money on.
Have you started looking at property to rent across the pond yet?
4/5/2022 11:12am
dont think he is going to make it for a full season , he wont be fit when AMA outdoor starts
but for a few races and maybe together with TC222 , it would be magic

JMed651
4/5/2022 1:18pm
Whether a round or two or a full series it would be awesome. I’m one of the biggest “Go USA” guys ever but I remember standing on the fence and cheering at the top of my lungs for Desalle and Strijbos at Muddy Creek in 2013 at the National. I appreciate any chance to see the guys we don’t get to see often over here.
philG
4/5/2022 1:20pm
Of course its 50/50

He either will or he wont.

NorCal1975
4/5/2022 4:19pm
Based on what I think I know about Herlings mentality when it comes to titles and racing, I think there is no question he would spend the Summer in the US if he could, and if he was healthy enough... The 100th win in GP will always be there waiting for him.
Shaned9326
4/5/2022 4:34pm
Please Moto Gods make this Happen!! Would be the best outdoor season in years with the Bullet here lined up with our boys!!
HusqFan3
4/5/2022 9:24pm
JazzyJJ wrote:
Isn't everything in life 50/50? Either it happens or it doesn't
You're confusing the possible number of outcomes with the probability of each outcome occurring. Jason Anderson either will or will not win the SX title this year but that doesn't mean both outcomes are equally likely to occur. i.e. 50/50
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/6/2022 12:19am
mx617 wrote:
Matthes says here there is "another bomb to drop" that affects herlings decision to come stateside. Any idea what that bomb might be?

https://www.motoonline.com/2022/04/05/matthes-answers-silly-season-open…
Tony won't be coming over for the full season. He's already told Roger no because he doesn't want to be away from home for that long of a period. It does look like he'll be racing some nationals near the end of the series in order to get ready for MXoN.

As for the bomb drop, Dungey's been testing... 🤔

4/6/2022 12:22am
WCRider wrote:
Tomac gonna smoke him.
Herlings fragile ass wants nothing to do with Eli on the Blue Pig. But I'd love to see it.
tek14
4/6/2022 3:28am
mx617 wrote:
Matthes says here there is "another bomb to drop" that affects herlings decision to come stateside. Any idea what that bomb might be?

https://www.motoonline.com/2022/04/05/matthes-answers-silly-season-open…
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Tony won't be coming over for the full season. He's already told Roger no because he doesn't want to be away from home for that long...
Tony won't be coming over for the full season. He's already told Roger no because he doesn't want to be away from home for that long of a period. It does look like he'll be racing some nationals near the end of the series in order to get ready for MXoN.

As for the bomb drop, Dungey's been testing... 🤔

Taking pages from Ellie Reed book.
Dungey never interested about MXGP?

Post a reply to: 50/50 Herlings comes over

The Latest