5 miles of Hell

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2020 12:31 PM

Just found the RM ATV/MC challenge series on youtube where they get a 500$ budget to buy a dirtbike and ride it through 5 miles of hell(ish) trails.

Love these kind of challenge videos and i watch alot of Hoonigan/Donut Garage’s build and battle/Hi-Low build-off battles and this is the first motorcycle one ive seen.
Just wanted to give you guys a tip to watch the series if youre in to these types of videos.

[url=https://m.

&list=PLQNbY8vNfRmWxvmA5Hk1o3CSh42bzLg4T&index=2&t=0s]
|

2/10/2020 1:02 PM

I watched all the episodes it was really cool. That's what riding dirt bikes is all about. Thanks for posting.

You don't have to spend $11,000 to have fun.

Good stuff Rocky Mountain. Now I know why you're my number one on-line source, great customer service and you give back to the sport by doing stuff like that and also supporting a team.

|

2/10/2020 1:04 PM

i watched that last week and really enjoyed it, good shit

|

2/10/2020 1:54 PM

Poncho seat cover is now a must.

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

2/10/2020 3:21 PM

I watched them all last week also.
I immediately went to my local Craigslist to see what Motorcycle I could get for $500 and the answer was none around my state lol.
And I f I did manage to find one I would never be able to do or afford all the work it would need lol. But I loved watching. I'm a big fan I like there Fantasy shows as well.
Thumbs up from me.

|

2/10/2020 3:41 PM

I first saw these videos over the weekend, couldn't stop watching them when I started. RMATV/MC always has some pretty cool videos. I had the seen the FMOH on current bikes previously, but this was awesome to watch.

|

2/10/2020 4:44 PM

It'd be fun to do something like this, problem is my friends are lame asses apparently.

Been searching for cheap bikes the last 2 days

|

2/10/2020 4:54 PM

I miss the days you actually could buy a decent bike for $500. I bought 83 CR 125 in 91 for $400 that was in good shape.
Thanks for sharing.

|

2/10/2020 5:19 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

It'd be fun to do something like this, problem is my friends are lame asses apparently.

Been searching for cheap bikes the last 2 days

No cheap bikes here, just $10,000 NOS 1996 RM250s

|

2/10/2020 5:59 PM

Videos really don't show just how hard that trail is in person. I rode it several years ago and some sections are really difficult. That top part of "The Crux" is like a shoulder high formation you have to jump up at a bad angle with no run. If your fall to your left your tumbling back down a steep rocky face.

|

2/10/2020 6:43 PM

That was great! Gets back to the real reason we ride. I hope that series encourages people that have thought
about getting a bike, but don't have a big budget, to see that one doesn't need the latest and the greatest.

|

2/10/2020 7:49 PM

I was hoping to see a little more riding, but I did enjoy the videos and concept for sure.

Did they ever say what happened to the 2 guys on Hondas?

|

2/10/2020 9:43 PM

LungButter wrote:

I was hoping to see a little more riding, but I did enjoy the videos and concept for sure.

The XR was to much for the big guy, and the crf450 overheated so they gave up on the final stretch instead of riding in the dark

|

2/11/2020 9:29 AM

That was one of the better things I have watched lately. Looks like a lot of fun!

|

2/11/2020 12:36 PM

I would of taken the IT. Power to weight, two stroke, nostalgic and a low seat. Easier to bail!

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

2/11/2020 1:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/11/2020 1:11 PM

I almost posted this few days ago but I got sidetracked. I was even deciding which forum to put it in. Moto, builds, old school etc. It was a great work project if the ever was one. Fun group of enthusiasts and what an awesome place to work apparently.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore.

2/11/2020 1:22 PM

I got involved in vintage/post vintage cross-country racing a couple seasons back. It's a lot like that vid. Great low dollar fun.

|

2/11/2020 1:57 PM

Thanks for watching guys, we all enjoyed putting it together. There might be more to come with a few of these bikes in the future..

You don't have to spend 11k OTD at the dealership to have fun, just grab a bike, any bike, and get out and ride 👍

|

2/12/2020 1:19 PM

Rocky Mountain ATV/MC wrote:

Thanks for watching guys, we all enjoyed putting it together. There might be more to come with a few of these bikes in the future..

You don't have to spend 11k OTD at the dealership to have fun, just grab a bike, any bike, and get out and ride 👍

Thanks for replying and putting up the YouTube videos. They're awesome.

I also have used the tire changing video a few times. That guy did an excellent job of explaining how easy it can be with the proper technique and tools. Changing tires is right up there in the fun meter with cleaning dirty air filters.

There is truth to the old saying.
An old dog can learn new tricks.

|

2/13/2020 11:14 AM

LungButter wrote:

Lastander wrote:

The XR was to much for the big guy, and the crf450 overheated so they gave up on the final stretch instead of riding in the dark

I think he is talking about the two guys that were shadowing us. They rode out two-up on the one guy's bike following Chase and me. We scabbed a bunch of parts off of Chase's bike so they could go back in and rescue the CR250R they pretty much destroyed on the trail. The guy had bent his handlebar almost to the tank, bent his rear sprocket and his pipe was so bent, there was a 1/2" gap between the cylinder and the pipe. They were supposed to take the handlebar, chain and sprocket in with them the next day to get the CR in good enough shape to get it home.

If he meant Chase and me, yeah, I was done and holding up the group. There wasn't any way to get out before dark at my pace. In those remote areas, we follow the buddy system, so Chase volunteered to ride out with me. Still a fun day.

|

2/13/2020 6:29 PM

Love the videos!!

|

2/13/2020 7:38 PM

That was a lot of fun to watch. What a great idea. I bet the guys had a lot more fun than they thought they were going to have. I enjoyed watching it because it really took me back to the old days when we used to work on total shit. Working on it was half the fun. A couple of us had nice bikes that we raced. But we would do anything to put something together so all of us in the neighborhood could ride to some degree. We all would get together and get everyone running. We would break out the vice grips, torches, bungy straps to hold down batteries on rear fenders lol you name it. We worked on such real roached out POS or turn it into one after a few rides. Some of the bikes I can remember is RM 370, 67' Suzuki BR5P 125, Some CR125 elsinors, 81 RM125, 83 CR 125, 85 CR125, 82 YZ 250, TT600, SP 250, TM 125, KDX 80's, XR 75, TS 185 (that you could power slide like a speedway bike) RM 50 (with a 5 speed that would fly) Honda Foreman 4 wheelers, 75' XL 350, MR 50, 70's model YZ 400 or 360, a few FA 50's and even a CBR 750 with nobbies on it. We put everyone of them and many more right in the grave yard. When it rained everyone showed up and the more it rained the better. We'd go strait to the trails, the hill climbs, the coal mine gob piles. Most times you couldn't even see what color any of us were when we were done. Damn we had some fun.

|

2/13/2020 8:06 PM

Worth the watch for sure! I recommended to a couple friends.

|