5 Photos: Tool Box Edition

Related:
Create New Tag

3/30/2020 10:54 AM

Without organizing at all, take a photo of your top five tool box drawers (full size, not the little ones). Let's see how OCD or horribly unorganized we are. I think I'm somewhere in the middle. Here are mine. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2020 1:45 PM

Your toolbox looks immaculate compared to mine. My tools are beat to shit, covered in grease, and a complete mess, but I know what's where. For the purpose of this thread I think I'll sit this one out and save myself some embarrassment. laughing

|

3/30/2020 2:32 PM

Photo
Photo
|

3/30/2020 2:33 PM

I thought you said no little drawers, Klinger? 25 plus years of oddball tools most here may not recognize but I know where everything is!

I have a big box at home also that I have been stocking with new stuff for home over the past few years. It is my OCD box, this one is the work box.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/30/2020 2:37 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

3/30/2020 2:53 PM

Good choice in the Macsimizer there Herb. Extremely well built boxes. I have a double and two triples. All old, all still great condition!

|

3/30/2020 3:32 PM

newmann wrote:

I thought you said no little drawers, Klinger? 25 plus years of oddball tools most here may not recognize but I know where everything is!

I have a big box at home also that I have been stocking with new stuff for home over the past few years. It is my OCD box, this one is the work box.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Dat's a whole lotta wrenches.

|

3/30/2020 4:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2020 4:26 PM

Bench top is what I take to the track. Just enough to handle any reasonable fix. If I didnt bring a tool for it I'm not screwing with it there.
Drills, impacts, calipers, tire tools, bearings tools, etc in the drawers of the bench.
Photo
Top quick grab, t handle, gloves, knife, bolt box, socket set, pens, commonly used big sockets.
Photo
Drawer 1 metric
Photo
Drawer 2 standard and a few spares
Photo
Drawer 3 everything else. Rubber persuader, Torque wrench, breaker bar, pliers, safety wire pliers, screw drivers, picks, wire brush, small seringe fork fork oil. Photo

|

3/30/2020 4:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2020 4:36 PM

This is my tool box at work. A small harbor freight believe its 26 inch. And it's nearly packed to the limit. These are the first 5 drawers so these are the lighter ones! Work on mass transit busses every day out of this box!

Ive got some magnets in there to hold certain things in place so they dont fall over or slide around as much. Want to get some more and then it will be really organized well. I constantly am rolling this thing across a massive shop and its a pain when things move around in there.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2020 4:48 PM

yz133rider, Are buses metric or SAE?

|

3/30/2020 4:51 PM

Klinger wrote:

Sadly these ones are a mixture of both. Powertrains are generally american sourced, chassis mostly foreign, so its metric and standard throughout.

|

3/30/2020 4:56 PM

Klinger wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Sadly these ones are a mixture of both. Powertrains are generally american sourced, chassis mostly foreign, so its metric and standard throughout.

I've only ever worked on dirt bikes and bicycles so pretty much all I have is metric. Things get interesting when I have to work on something in the house that is SAE. Adjustables to the rescue!

|

3/30/2020 4:57 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

3/30/2020 4:58 PM

|

3/30/2020 5:00 PM

Klinger wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Klinger wrote:

I've only ever worked on dirt bikes and bicycles so pretty much all I have is metric. Things get interesting when I have to work on something in the house that is SAE. Adjustables to the rescue!

I truly wish only metric existed. And use only the even sizes. Imagine how many less tools youd need. And phillips, allen, torx, etc etc, pick one and stick to it. Its all so silly!!

|

3/30/2020 5:05 PM

What ever happened to the guy that was gonna try to make up a few boxes for sale with essential track tools? Forgot his name. Was in another tool post. I believe he was gonna make up a box similar to the TLD box available, but more streamlined. Thanks.

|

3/30/2020 5:28 PM

Photo
Photo
|

3/30/2020 5:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2020 5:35 PM

I’ve got a pretty basic setup here since I don’t do very much mechanical work at home (or, well, at all to be honest) but my OCD is real.

Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Jared Bolton
gnccracing.com

3/30/2020 5:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2020 5:42 PM

I am a tool junkie so had to post more than a few pics of one of my boxes, I have 2 MAC boxes and a Kennedy and I also have almost every Ryobi one cordless tools. Tools are a bad and expensive habit.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Ed Johnson

3/30/2020 5:47 PM

Wow. You guys have this down.
Question: What is the best way to keep everything clean or to clean it after not being used for a while?

|

3/30/2020 5:50 PM

Just did a #coronacleaning in the garage, so my rolling box got moved and some tools rolled around. I’m hardcore OCD so a little disappointed to put it out there, but here it goes... Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2020 5:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2020 5:52 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

Question: What is the best way to keep everything clean or to clean it after not being used for a while?

I wipe down my tools with this stuff every single time before i put them back. I get comments constantly that my tools look brand new. Its because of wiping them down with that crc. It also is good for the metal and not harsh for the rubber and finishes .

I also use it on my chains, footpeg pivots, brake clevis, door latches, and well friggin every where.

Photo

|

3/30/2020 6:04 PM

VetMX.com wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

I wipe down my tools with this stuff every single time before i put them back. I get comments constantly that my tools look brand new. Its because of wiping them down with that crc. It also is good for the metal and not harsh for the rubber and finishes .

I also use it on my chains, footpeg pivots, brake clevis, door latches, and well friggin every where.

Photo

If my tools saw how your tools get treated they'd run away from home laughing

|

3/30/2020 6:36 PM

sumdood wrote:

😂😂😂 grass isnt always greener!!

|

3/30/2020 6:46 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Photo

sumdood wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

😂😂😂 grass isnt always greener!!

There is no social distancing in my toolbox, a lot of the tools in this thread aren't even touching another tool blink . Mines more like an orgy. laughing

|

3/30/2020 6:50 PM

sumdood wrote:

There is no social distancing in my toolbox, a lot of the tools in this thread aren't even touching another tool blink . Mines more like an orgy. laughing

😂😂😂
Some of my drawers are that way because theres no choice. For example. And its always a joke if you end up in that drawer the aspirins right there as well, youre probably going to need it.

Photo

|

3/30/2020 7:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2020 7:45 PM

sumdood wrote:

|

3/30/2020 7:48 PM

What I take to the track! I’d post photo’s of my tools for work (I’m a diesel mechanic) but that’d be quite a few photo’s 😂 Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2020 9:17 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

I am a tool junkie so had to post more than a few pics of one of my boxes, I have 2 MAC boxes and a Kennedy and I also have almost every Ryobi one cordless tools. Tools are a bad and expensive habit.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

I don't think you have enough ratchets and hammers...

|

3/30/2020 9:23 PM

Black Diesel Bomber wrote:

I don't think you have enough ratchets and hammers...

I agree with you.wink laughing

|

Ed Johnson