#490 VIDEO FOUND!!! Damon Smith....

RCC104
2/10/2011 10:35am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:24am
Been hearing a lot about #490 Damon Smith because the guy apparently shouldn't have been on the track this past weekend and came across this on YouTube just now. Sure looks scary.....

|
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
2/10/2011 10:41am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2011 10:58am
Ugly style.....but he seems to be jumping everything in that vid.
Looks awkward though.
Vazscep
2/10/2011 10:43am
490 = Pure Unadulterated Bad Assness.
RCC104
2/10/2011 10:44am
Interesting he's sponsored by lawyers... maybe thats how he got his license Wink
redrider400
2/10/2011 10:47am
The dude would be lucky to win a C class race locally.

The Shop

huck
2/10/2011 10:48am
I don't see what the big deal is? He's getting to ride around on a sx track and is having a good time. I'm sure if 98% of the poster on this message board were on that track, they'd look 100% worse than him.
Ddavis
2/10/2011 10:53am
I already did my fair share of hating on him over at ronronmx.

I regret talking crap about him because he seems like a successful guy who wanted to give racing dirt bikes a go, but to race supercross, SUPERCROSS? I've seen him ride outdoors, too. People are like "Oh he's probably faster outdoors", Noooo, see how sketchy he is jumping through the rythms? That's how he looks when he jumps 15 foot tabletops at the local track. He just DGAFs I guess.
redrider400
2/10/2011 10:58am
Ddavis wrote:
I already did my fair share of hating on him over at ronronmx. I regret talking crap about him because he seems like a successful guy...

I regret talking crap about him because he seems like a successful guy who wanted to give racing dirt bikes a go, but to race supercross, SUPERCROSS? I've seen him ride outdoors, too. People are like "Oh he's probably faster outdoors", Noooo, see how sketchy he is jumping through the rythms? That's how he looks when he jumps 15 foot tabletops at the local track. He just DGAFs I guess.
Hey, you gotta give him props for hitting the triple though. I wouldnt do any with his skill level, thats for sure.
Ddavis
2/10/2011 11:00am
Ddavis wrote:
I already did my fair share of hating on him over at ronronmx. I regret talking crap about him because he seems like a successful guy...

Hey, you gotta give him props for hitting the triple though. I wouldnt do any with his skill level, thats for sure.
Haha I do give him props for hitting the triple, that's ballsy for sure.
burnside
2/10/2011 11:04am
The more I see of this guy the more awesome I think he is! haha. Some one has to get some dirt on this guy and found out whats going through his mind..
2/10/2011 11:10am
huck wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is? He's getting to ride around on a sx track and is having a good time. I'm sure if...
I don't see what the big deal is? He's getting to ride around on a sx track and is having a good time. I'm sure if 98% of the poster on this message board were on that track, they'd look 100% worse than him.
Nope,

Something is definately up with this. Notice the video editing and all the psuedo hype? I am really interested in seeing what his true motivations are.

If it was just to ride a SX track why the videos and website? I smell a lawsuit or something similarly lame in the future.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
2/10/2011 11:12am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2011 11:12am
I want a chance, I got confident all of a sudden. I am just jealous that I am not the guy that should not be out there dammit. Oh I can so be that guy. lol
RCC104
2/10/2011 11:15am
I just did a little snooping. It is quite and achievement that he earned a pro license in only 5 years of racing. He also qualified for LL's in '08, finishing 33rd in Plus 25 and Vet 35 Plus.

However after hearing how he was getting in riders way (sending at least one on an ambulance ride - Austin Howell), and then seeing that he was over 10 seconds off the next slowest guy, you would think the AMA would step up.
redrider400
2/10/2011 11:17am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2011 11:18am
huck wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is? He's getting to ride around on a sx track and is having a good time. I'm sure if...
It's not that. It's that I am sure that alot of us would want a chance to ride on the track and we can't or are smart enough to not put the riders that should be out there in danger. I am interested in the real reason he is doing this also.
2/10/2011 11:36am
Man that was scary! This is prime example of the AMA not doing their homework when people apply for a Supercross license! There is no possible way he could score a top 5 at Loretta's, 100 points in Arenacross or 3 wins, or score a point at a national.
2/10/2011 11:46am
RCC104 wrote:
I just did a little snooping. It is quite and achievement that he earned a pro license in only 5 years of racing. He also qualified...
I just did a little snooping. It is quite and achievement that he earned a pro license in only 5 years of racing. He also qualified for LL's in '08, finishing 33rd in Plus 25 and Vet 35 Plus.

However after hearing how he was getting in riders way (sending at least one on an ambulance ride - Austin Howell), and then seeing that he was over 10 seconds off the next slowest guy, you would think the AMA would step up.
Considering that he probably got it by hitting every points race he could on the West coast, the most impressive thing about it is that his vehicle could handle that many miles put on it over several months. Anyone with any sense for the sport can see that this guy LOOKS exactly like he has been riding for 5 years. He in no way shape or form belongs on a track with professional racers, and is certainly more of a hazard than anything. And this fucking argument of "well I'd like to see you guys do better" is easily the dumbest route you could possibly take in defending him. Do any of us claim to be able to ride a supercross track with proficiency? Negative, and that's why we don't. The guy sucks. End of story.
RCC104
2/10/2011 11:55am
RCC104 wrote:
I just did a little snooping. It is quite and achievement that he earned a pro license in only 5 years of racing. He also qualified...

771 wrote:
Considering that he probably got it by hitting every points race he could on the West coast, the most impressive thing about it is that his...
Considering that he probably got it by hitting every points race he could on the West coast, the most impressive thing about it is that his vehicle could handle that many miles put on it over several months. Anyone with any sense for the sport can see that this guy LOOKS exactly like he has been riding for 5 years. He in no way shape or form belongs on a track with professional racers, and is certainly more of a hazard than anything. And this fucking argument of "well I'd like to see you guys do better" is easily the dumbest route you could possibly take in defending him. Do any of us claim to be able to ride a supercross track with proficiency? Negative, and that's why we don't. The guy sucks. End of story.
I have to agree with you. That guy is definitely a hazard.

Just saw this video over on RonRon. At first it looks like the rider just gets squirrelly for some reason... then you realize its because he came up on #490 so fast he must have shit himself midair once he saw him rolling in front of him.

DanDunes818
2/10/2011 12:06pm
Man that was scary! This is prime example of the AMA not doing their homework when people apply for a Supercross license! There is no possible...
Man that was scary! This is prime example of the AMA not doing their homework when people apply for a Supercross license! There is no possible way he could score a top 5 at Loretta's, 100 points in Arenacross or 3 wins, or score a point at a national.
Chris I read an above post that say's he is over 35. That would mean he got his pro license back when I did. Back then all you needed was a endorsement. All the rules you mentioned don't apply I think. Not sure but they may have just grandfathered him in under the old rules.

You are right though. The AMA needs to step in and yank this guys license asap. I agree with some that say the guy deserves a shot, and appreciate his balls but there's no reason other than the promoters collecting a extra entry fee that he should be out there.
DanDunes818
2/10/2011 12:07pm
RCC104 you are exactly right. That is 100% a panic reaction to his closing speed on the #490.. This has got to be handled.
2/10/2011 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2011 12:12pm
Man that was scary! This is prime example of the AMA not doing their homework when people apply for a Supercross license! There is no possible...
Chris I read an above post that say's he is over 35. That would mean he got his pro license back when I did. Back then...
Chris I read an above post that say's he is over 35. That would mean he got his pro license back when I did. Back then all you needed was a endorsement. All the rules you mentioned don't apply I think. Not sure but they may have just grandfathered him in under the old rules.

You are right though. The AMA needs to step in and yank this guys license asap. I agree with some that say the guy deserves a shot, and appreciate his balls but there's no reason other than the promoters collecting a extra entry fee that he should be out there.
From his website he got his pro license last year and did arenacross. There is obviously something wrong here cause a pro license does not mean a Supecross license. I think the AMA missed it when he sent it in and he slid through the cracks like a lot of other pros I know. Got to give him some credit though, he certainly does sell himself well on his website!
FastEddy
Fantasy
955th
2/10/2011 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2011 12:17pm
Chris I read an above post that say's he is over 35. That would mean he got his pro license back when I did. Back then...

From his website he got his pro license last year and did arenacross. There is obviously something wrong here cause a pro license does not mean...
From his website he got his pro license last year and did arenacross. There is obviously something wrong here cause a pro license does not mean a Supecross license. I think the AMA missed it when he sent it in and he slid through the cracks like a lot of other pros I know. Got to give him some credit though, he certainly does sell himself well on his website!
That is insane....how could the AMA miss that?
25+ A/Pro/Whatever...
Usually means your on your way out the door from racing Pro AMA stuff,not on the door step waiting to get in. LOL.
We don't even work for the AMA and we all know that.
ak23
2/10/2011 12:19pm
hmmmmm - i thought he was pretty good ha
huck
2/10/2011 12:23pm
RCC104 you are exactly right. That is 100% a panic reaction to his closing speed on the #490.. This has got to be handled.
wrong!

490 was not even close...plus, the other 2 guys were only doubling.....
offspring22
2/10/2011 12:23pm
MR. 490 IS AN HERO.
2/10/2011 12:34pm
FastEddy wrote:
That is insane....how could the AMA miss that? 25+ A/Pro/Whatever... Usually means your on your way out the door from racing Pro AMA stuff,not on the...
That is insane....how could the AMA miss that?
25+ A/Pro/Whatever...
Usually means your on your way out the door from racing Pro AMA stuff,not on the door step waiting to get in. LOL.
We don't even work for the AMA and we all know that.
It's pretty easy to get it past them when sending in for your Supercross license. I know of at least 5 guys in the lites that didn't earn their licenses but still got them. They race like every race too and I've never seen one of them qualify for a main.

It's one of those rules that why even have the rule if they don't check for actual results and prove they earned the points.
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
2/10/2011 12:57pm
To be honest, he just needs to practice a little more before hopping out there. If he builds his corner speed up he would be no worse than the other slower riders. The fact he can hit a triple is more than most of you can say.
CrashMaster
2/10/2011 1:35pm
I'm sorry but this guy does not belong out there, he is a joke the longer they keep him out there the more pro rider's could get hurt by this fool who think's he is a pro. Yeah he could be in the A class but I've seen some real douche's reach A class by hitting all the races and gain points little by little, barelyDry achieving their license. The ama is a joke by letting this fool out there!Blink

Post a reply to: #490 VIDEO FOUND!!! Damon Smith....

The Latest