450sxf v crf450

Just finished reading MXA,s sxf,crf comparison review,not a good one for the CRF,would anyone buy one after that review?
|
JWACK
1/20/2017 3:34pm
Just finished reading MXA,s sxf,crf comparison review,not a good one for the CRF,would anyone buy one after that review?
I would . I'm selling my 16 ktm for one. Most likely going to wait for the 18 so the little bugs are worked out.
Juice_Mann
1/20/2017 3:34pm
Well now that a new KTM may run about 18k I would say the CRF is the better choice...
Moto520
1/20/2017 3:36pm
Yes. Although I have a 2016 ktm450sxf I would still buy that bike in a heartbeat. I wouldn't get to hung up on what the magazines say. They get way to technical and nitpit too much. Bar bends, stock tires, spring rates in suspension......that's all shit I change anyways. These are stock shootouts and who rides a stock bike? I may be wrong on this because I'm tall and large but I have to customize the bikes anyways so the stock bike is not what most of us ride.

I hate when they get hung up on chain guides and inconsequential shit like that
ob
1/20/2017 3:49pm
I hate the bullshit not pick crap, every test of a Ktm they say the sprocket bolts come loose. I've never had that happen on one of my 10 plus KTMs.

The Shop

ob
1/20/2017 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 3:56pm
I don't see any reason to buy the Honda over the Ktm besides brand loyalty or price. Ktm is way lighter, more power, starter, suspension is subjective of course, Ktm is the best handling according to most tests. So unless you get the Honda for way cheap or just love Honda and hate ktm why would you buy the Honda? Not saying the Honda is bad at all, most current bikes are good. just putting the facts and opinions out there.
motokawi818
1/20/2017 3:53pm
I bought a crf450 and it's the best bike I've ever ridden.
gpracer36
1/20/2017 4:05pm
sure would and did. Had a16 ktm450 and picked up a new Honda. Best bike Ive ever had. I did my own shootout having both bikes. Honda won, sold the ktm. Why would anyone buy a ktm over the Honda? no idea after my review
ob
1/20/2017 4:09pm
gpracer36 wrote:
sure would and did. Had a16 ktm450 and picked up a new Honda. Best bike Ive ever had. I did my own shootout having both bikes...
sure would and did. Had a16 ktm450 and picked up a new Honda. Best bike Ive ever had. I did my own shootout having both bikes. Honda won, sold the ktm. Why would anyone buy a ktm over the Honda? no idea after my review
What did you like better? And the forks can't be an issue because the 17 Ktm comes with one of the best sets of forks currently available. Is the Honda just easier to ride?
1/20/2017 4:15pm
gpracer36 wrote:
sure would and did. Had a16 ktm450 and picked up a new Honda. Best bike Ive ever had. I did my own shootout having both bikes...
ob wrote:
What did you like better? And the forks can't be an issue because the 17 Ktm comes with one of the best sets of forks currently...
What did you like better? And the forks can't be an issue because the 17 Ktm comes with one of the best sets of forks currently available. Is the Honda just easier to ride?
best set of AIR forks currently available***
ob
1/20/2017 4:20pm
gpracer36 wrote:
ob wrote:
What did you like better? And the forks can't be an issue because the 17 Ktm comes with one of the best sets of forks currently...
tesstickle wrote:
best set of AIR forks currently available***
Honestly they have a different feel than say Kawi air forks. I think they feel pretty close to a spring fork. Better than lots of spring forks. But whatever, this is about the new honda. Why is it better?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/20/2017 4:28pm
Honestly, find a way to ride as many of the new bikes as possible. I don't go off of what the mags say anymore. Everyone raves about the new Honda for the most part, I rode one and it's for sure better than previous years, but I still didn't care for it much. It wasn't as twitchy as precious years, but going through small choppy bumps it would get pretty nervous. A lot of the mags rag on the Yamaha, but I love mine. Most mags rag on the Suzuki but my pops loves his. All the mags ragged on the kawi's a few years back, but we loved them. Everyone has their own preference and opinion on each of the bikes. My dad loves his Suzuki's, but I don't care for them much. He loves the Yamaha motor after riding my bike, but doesn't like the way it turns compared to his Suzuki. I like the way the 17 Honda turns, but that was all I really liked about it. See if you can find a way to ride them all and decide for yourself that way.
gpracer36
1/20/2017 4:28pm
was kinda joking, but honestly it boils down to handling for me. I had an Yamaha sss conversion on my ktm. It was solid, but back to back the Honda just feels more solid as far as it goes where you point it. Motors are basically the same, rear suspension, same, forks, same. I just like the way it feels while riding. The ktm would be awesome one day and then kick out and be unpredictable the next. I believe its the chassis.
NeedMoto
1/20/2017 4:34pm
gpracer36 wrote:
Yep...this^^^

Love my Honda over KTM. Just personnel preference Wink
BobPA
1/20/2017 4:34pm
gpracer36 wrote:
was kinda joking, but honestly it boils down to handling for me. I had an Yamaha sss conversion on my ktm. It was solid, but back...
was kinda joking, but honestly it boils down to handling for me. I had an Yamaha sss conversion on my ktm. It was solid, but back to back the Honda just feels more solid as far as it goes where you point it. Motors are basically the same, rear suspension, same, forks, same. I just like the way it feels while riding. The ktm would be awesome one day and then kick out and be unpredictable the next. I believe its the chassis.
Or your mind
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/20/2017 4:39pm
gpracer36 wrote:
was kinda joking, but honestly it boils down to handling for me. I had an Yamaha sss conversion on my ktm. It was solid, but back...
BobPA wrote:
Or your mind
The mind sure can be a bitch in our sport...
ob
1/20/2017 4:49pm
Dude you guys comparing your 16 Ktm to a 17 Honda! Wtf let's compare 17 to 17. Just saying, can we get back to why you would buy a 17 Honda overt a 17 Ktm. I haven't ridden a 17 Honda yet but I will soon. But I have ridden 17 KTMs. And from talking to the guys that have actually ridden both I have not heard yet the Honda is better in any area. But I'm sure it's pretty good.
1/20/2017 4:59pm
ob wrote:
I hate the bullshit not pick crap, every test of a Ktm they say the sprocket bolts come loose. I've never had that happen on one...
I hate the bullshit not pick crap, every test of a Ktm they say the sprocket bolts come loose. I've never had that happen on one of my 10 plus KTMs.
And apparantley mxa say the gas cap sticks,i have done mine up stupid tight to get it to stick,didn,t happen
BobPA
1/20/2017 5:00pm
BobPA wrote:
Or your mind
gpracer36 wrote:
possibly...
I'm going to ride a 17 Honda tomorrow. I am narrowed down to the Honda or KTM
ob
1/20/2017 5:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 5:14pm
ob wrote:
I hate the bullshit not pick crap, every test of a Ktm they say the sprocket bolts come loose. I've never had that happen on one...
And apparantley mxa say the gas cap sticks,i have done mine up stupid tight to get it to stick,didn,t happen
Exactly, mine don't stick either . Wierd. Funny thing is my buddy who rode hondas and just bought a new Ktm says his sticks. Maybe it's s wrist thing?
Bramlett321
1/20/2017 5:17pm
ob wrote:
^^^^^ what you said x10, I've had 5 KTMs from 09 to '16, not a damn sprocket bolt one has came loose, or chain guide !!!!
1/20/2017 5:22pm
I've owned a 17 kx450f, rode a 17 ktm450, and now have about 8 hours on a 17 crf450. I don't think the Honda is better then the ktm and vise versa, I just perfered the Honda feel a little more. I do think the sx and crf was better then the kx for sure. It's all about preference. Do your research or just pick a color. All great bikes.
TallCan 16
1/20/2017 5:34pm
gpracer36 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Or your mind
mattyhamz2 wrote:
One day...

Next Day:

kiwifan
1/20/2017 5:44pm
I rode the 17 KTM 450 last weekend, my friends 17 CRF was there too...personally they are both fantastic bikes...if you are a ktm fan get the ktm if you are a non ktm fan get the honda...its kind of that black and white...both would serve you VERY well.

Personally I dont take to heart what MXA says about Honda bikes IMHO
neysbo
1/20/2017 5:44pm
So why would anyone buy a KXF, RMZ or YZF either. Maybe personal choice. MXA is a fucking joke and up KTM's ass. All about personal preference. For 99% of us we are going to go the same speed on any of them once we set it up. Kenny's 2017 looks to be tracking and handling better than that #1 KTM as of now.
1/20/2017 5:46pm
ob wrote:
ob wrote:
Exactly, mine don't stick either . Wierd. Funny thing is my buddy who rode hondas and just bought a new Ktm says his sticks. Maybe it's...
Exactly, mine don't stick either . Wierd. Funny thing is my buddy who rode hondas and just bought a new Ktm says his sticks. Maybe it's s wrist thing?
Have more trouble getting the side panel off to access the air filter
xr70
1/20/2017 5:50pm
I have 16 and 1/2 KTM FE and I test ride the 17 Honda stock bike with Enzo suspension. I am 56 year old expert and I still do pretty good. My take on this , The Honda is good bike but is more built for the younger generation . Bike feel to me like modified 250F . The chassis is slimmer and little smaller then the older model and the handlebars feels to be higher. Motor is like 250f on steroids, no bottom grunge like the KTM AND YAMAHA more midrange quick aggressive spin with some decent top end . The suspension, good bottoming resistance and plush over the small stuff but the fork feels to be harsh in mid stroke. For me the bike was little hard to ride but that is me , I am sure that lots of people specially the younger will love this bike.
1/20/2017 5:54pm
xr70 wrote:
I have 16 and 1/2 KTM FE and I test ride the 17 Honda stock bike with Enzo suspension. I am 56 year old expert and...
I have 16 and 1/2 KTM FE and I test ride the 17 Honda stock bike with Enzo suspension. I am 56 year old expert and I still do pretty good. My take on this , The Honda is good bike but is more built for the younger generation . Bike feel to me like modified 250F . The chassis is slimmer and little smaller then the older model and the handlebars feels to be higher. Motor is like 250f on steroids, no bottom grunge like the KTM AND YAMAHA more midrange quick aggressive spin with some decent top end . The suspension, good bottoming resistance and plush over the small stuff but the fork feels to be harsh in mid stroke. For me the bike was little hard to ride but that is me , I am sure that lots of people specially the younger will love this bike.
What do you set the fork pressure at?
ob
1/20/2017 5:55pm
BobPA wrote:
Or your mind
mattyhamz2 wrote:
TallCan 16 wrote:
One day...[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/20/170380/s1200_Tight_Sprocket_Bolts.jpg[/img] Next Day: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/20/170381/s1200_Loose_Sprocket.jpg[/img]
One day...

Next Day:

So one day you had one hub, then the next day you had a different wheel and hub and that's who's fault? Am I missing something besides the bullshit in your post.
Superdave19
1/20/2017 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 6:35pm
I've got several hrs on both.. Ended up w/a CRF. Both are awesome- people that scrutinize the weight difference iare and nuts... they both feel so similar.

Post a reply to: 450sxf v crf450

The Latest