450's at A2 will run 8, 12 & 15 min.

Related:
Create New Tag

1/17/2018 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 9:07 AM

450's at A2 will run 8, 12 & 15 minute moto's
250's will run 6, 10 & 12 minute moto's

Photo

|

My favorite rider is K.C Carlyle

1/17/2018 9:23 AM

Watch out Matthes, there's a new beat reporter on the SX scene. Solid contribution FeetUp, keep'em coming. wink just havin fun with ya man. What you posted is very, very, very already known.

via GIPHY



Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

1/17/2018 9:29 AM

So much down time for a 3 hour show.

|

1/17/2018 9:50 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Watch out Matthes, there's a new beat reporter on the SX scene. Solid contribution FeetUp, keep'em coming. wink just havin fun with ya man. What you posted is very, very, very already known.

via GIPHY



Photo

You'd think so but someone posted yesterday about the 450's doing a 10 minute main....

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

1/17/2018 10:00 AM

smit9722 wrote:

So much down time for a 3 hour show.

An hour alone between mains 1 and 2, and 2 to 3.

|

1/17/2018 10:11 AM

smit9722 wrote:

So much down time for a 3 hour show.

Squirrelings wrote:

An hour alone between mains 1 and 2, and 2 to 3.

wut?

|

1/17/2018 10:24 AM

Only 35 percent of the show is actual racing. They should take Matthes's advice and include the lcq's for more racing.

|

1/17/2018 10:30 AM

Yeah, no for sure. This is defiantly my first time hearing this.

|

1/17/2018 10:31 AM

Are you freaking kidding me an 8 minute Main!

If it ever goes like this for the whole series all the Riders can dump their trainers, why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to train when all you got to do is practice your starts and hang on for 8 freaking minutes! angry

|

1/17/2018 10:32 AM

This 3 moto format is so lame no matter what times they run.

|

1/17/2018 10:36 AM

I think it will be good. Should be lots of action.

|

1/17/2018 10:43 AM

I count 35 minutes between the end of the first 450 race, and the start of the second 250 race during which the 50's run and track maintenance is performed.

I count 26 minutes between the end of the 2nd 450 race, and the start of the third 250 race.

I think it will be good. Three holeshots, and three different length races.

I STRONGLY agree with Matthes about running the 250 and 450 LCQ's first. We all know that there is frequently good racing action in the LCQ's.

|

1/17/2018 11:10 AM

G-man wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me an 8 minute Main!

If it ever goes like this for the whole series all the Riders can dump their trainers, why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to train when all you got to do is practice your starts and hang on for 8 freaking minutes! angry

It's one moto, three times a year. Calm down.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

1/17/2018 11:14 AM

G-man wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me an 8 minute Main!

If it ever goes like this for the whole series all the Riders can dump their trainers, why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to train when all you got to do is practice your starts and hang on for 8 freaking minutes! angry

Johnny Ringo wrote:

It's one moto, three times a year. Calm down.

3 times the normal amount to protest a buddy.

|

1/17/2018 11:18 AM

Rockinar wrote:

This 3 moto format is so lame no matter what times they run.

We've seen it at the Monster Energy Cup for the 450 class, though it's generally a much smaller field, combined with amateurs and 250 All-Stars. I've yet to see one of those that I thought was lame.

Maybe give it a chance, first?

|

1/17/2018 11:21 AM

G-man wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me an 8 minute Main!

If it ever goes like this for the whole series all the Riders can dump their trainers, why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to train when all you got to do is practice your starts and hang on for 8 freaking minutes! angry

I think the difference in times between the three mains are part of what makes it interesting, The first one's a sprint. The last one is a marathon. How do you strategize for the differences?

The eight minutes is just part of the night, not the whole night.

|

1/17/2018 11:21 AM

Rockinar wrote:

This 3 moto format is so lame no matter what times they run.

GuyB wrote:

We've seen it at the Monster Energy Cup for the 450 class, though it's generally a much smaller field, combined with amateurs and 250 All-Stars. I've yet to see one of those that I thought was lame.

Maybe give it a chance, first?

These guys aren’t to bright!

It’s like the nfl getting rid of the preseason games and counting them as part of the season!

|

1/17/2018 11:26 AM

GuyB wrote:

I think the difference in times between the three mains are part of what makes it interesting, The first one's a sprint. The last one is a marathon. How do you strategize for the differences?

The eight minutes is just part of the night, not the whole night.

Marathon?!??!?! c'mon steve-o, even you dont believe that!! last one should have been at least 20 min +wink wink

|

1/17/2018 11:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 11:39 AM

mauidex wrote:

Marathon?!??!?! c'mon steve-o, even you dont believe that!! last one should have been at least 20 min +wink wink

It's the marathon of the three...and the last one.

A normal format night?

250s run 21 minutes plus two laps.
450s run 26 minutes plus two laps.

(Subtract the LCQs.)

On the Triple Crown format?

250s run 28 minutes plus three laps.
450s run 35 minutes plus three laps.

You get more time with the stars of the sport on the track with the Triple Crown format, plus more starts where they're running close together.

I sort of fail to see the negative here for fans...unless it goes horribly wrong on the safety side.

|

1/17/2018 11:47 AM

GuyB wrote:

It's the marathon of the three...and the last one.

A normal format night?

250s run 21 minutes plus two laps.
450s run 26 minutes plus two laps.

(Subtract the LCQs.)

On the Triple Crown format?

250s run 28 minutes plus three laps.
450s run 35 minutes plus three laps.

You get more time with the stars of the sport on the track with the Triple Crown format, plus more starts where they're running close together.

I sort of fail to see the negative here for fans...unless it goes horribly wrong on the safety side.

true...main 3 longest of the three............yeah I'm looking forward to it............what we saw last 2 weeks pretty short with just heats..................once we can get over "splaining it to lucy" casual fans it should be good....but I"m sure the cartoon can take care of that!!laughing laughing

|

1/17/2018 11:51 AM

mauidex wrote:

true...main 3 longest of the three............yeah I'm looking forward to it............what we saw last 2 weeks pretty short with just heats..................once we can get over "splaining it to lucy" casual fans it should be good....but I"m sure the cartoon can take care of that!!laughing laughing

I guess the good part of seeing the races and not having to watch it on TV is that I miss things like fictitious characters explaining the race format for me.

|

1/17/2018 12:05 PM

Are points paid per race or just the final overall?

|

1/17/2018 12:07 PM

GuyB wrote:

It's the marathon of the three...and the last one.

A normal format night?

250s run 21 minutes plus two laps.
450s run 26 minutes plus two laps.

(Subtract the LCQs.)

On the Triple Crown format?

250s run 28 minutes plus three laps.
450s run 35 minutes plus three laps.

You get more time with the stars of the sport on the track with the Triple Crown format, plus more starts where they're running close together.

I sort of fail to see the negative here for fans...unless it goes horribly wrong on the safety side.

I like it...actual facts and logic being thrown down on VitalMX forum.
#keepitcoming

|

1/17/2018 12:08 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Are points paid per race or just the final overall?

Overall

|

1/17/2018 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 12:14 PM

Haven't we been over all of this already?

Edit: wait this is vital. There will be more threads on the format before the day is over.

|

1/17/2018 12:22 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Are points paid per race or just the final overall?

hellbillyohio wrote:

Overall

sucks. are they switching the nationals to that too?

|

1/17/2018 1:09 PM

6 minute final.. who came up with that?

|

1/17/2018 1:35 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Are points paid per race or just the final overall?

hellbillyohio wrote:

Overall

lumpy790 wrote:

sucks. are they switching the nationals to that too?

So someone could win the first two and then get taken out on the start for the 3rd, dnf and they would get overall points of maybe 12th as best case? Should be awarding points for each.

|

1/17/2018 1:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/17/2018 1:45 PM

G-man wrote:

Are you freaking kidding me an 8 minute Main!

If it ever goes like this for the whole series all the Riders can dump their trainers, why pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to train when all you got to do is practice your starts and hang on for 8 freaking minutes! angry

GuyB wrote:

I think the difference in times between the three mains are part of what makes it interesting, The first one's a sprint. The last one is a marathon. How do you strategize for the differences?

The eight minutes is just part of the night, not the whole night.

Guyb you say marathon...If that’s the case then go 8 minutes 16 minutes and 24 minutes....that would be cool.

|

GP740
Since 1987

1/17/2018 1:50 PM

yak651 wrote:

So someone could win the first two and then get taken out on the start for the 3rd, dnf and they would get overall points of maybe 12th as best case? Should be awarding points for each.

How do you feel about participant trophies or finisher pins? wink

|