450 ktm

mxb2
Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 3:00pm
I am thinking the new ktm 450 is a really good bike, but dont see many in pro sx.. Seems like the privateers are on suzuki,yamaha,honda. Is their contingency that much better? Or just riding bikes they are getting hooked up with? Opinions.
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/7/2016 10:25am
mxb2 wrote:
I am thinking the new ktm 450 is a really good bike, but dont see many in pro sx.. Seems like the privateers are on suzuki,yamaha,honda...
I am thinking the new ktm 450 is a really good bike, but dont see many in pro sx.. Seems like the privateers are on suzuki,yamaha,honda. Is their contingency that much better? Or just riding bikes they are getting hooked up with? Opinions.
I think a possible factor is the forks. At the privateer level/depending on your support, spending $3000 on CV forks or some other form of kit suspension is a drag... especially if you want a set for a practice and race bike. I haven't peaked at contingency this year.
mxb2
2/7/2016 10:31am
mxb2 wrote:
I am thinking the new ktm 450 is a really good bike, but dont see many in pro sx.. Seems like the privateers are on suzuki,yamaha,honda...
ML512 wrote:
I think a possible factor is the forks. At the privateer level/depending on your support, spending $3000 on CV forks or some other form of kit...
I think a possible factor is the forks. At the privateer level/depending on your support, spending $3000 on CV forks or some other form of kit suspension is a drag... especially if you want a set for a practice and race bike. I haven't peaked at contingency this year.
Makes sense, thanks.
lumpy790
2/7/2016 12:05pm
My guess .... Contingency $$$$

As for the suspension a Pro will drop big $$$ into the suspension me matter what the brand is.

My 450 SXF FE forks are working quite well.
downard254
2/7/2016 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 12:57pm
mxb2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I think a possible factor is the forks. At the privateer level/depending on your support, spending $3000 on CV forks or some other form of kit...
Oh there you go talkin bout them dang forks again. Don't you have any new material.WoohooLaughingLaughingLaughing

Of course you know I'm pulling your chain. Couldn't resist.

The Shop

kiwifan
2/7/2016 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 1:08pm
mxb2 wrote:
When you look at last nights results,, they are as follow:

Kawasaki - 0 Sad
Suzuki - 1 (Weimer on RCH)
Husky - 0
KTM - 0 (I didnt count BTO as privateer)
Yamaha - 3 (I didnt count JGR as privateer)
Honda - 4

So either Yamaha's and Honda's contingencies are good or they are great bikes for privateers, go figure.

Edit: question is why not so many on Kawasaki?
mxb2
2/7/2016 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2016 1:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
When you look at last nights results,, they are as follow: Kawasaki - 0 :( Suzuki - 1 (Weimer on RCH) Husky - 0 KTM -...

Kawasaki - 0 Sad
Husky - 0
Honda - 4

So either Yamaha's and Honda's contingencies are good or they are great bikes for privateers, go figure.

Yea,i dont count, weimer, jgr, bto as privateers either lol.
gpracer36
2/7/2016 2:10pm
you cant compare what guys at that level ride verses the rest of us. Even 20th place is way fast. Most look at contingency money, personal relationships with dealers, aftermarket help, ect.. What we buy and trick out for ourselves is apples to oranges to a racer on the road week in and week out.
bob567
2/7/2016 2:13pm
mxb2 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
This. Most non factory pro's are broke ass. Seldom two dimes to rub together. At least that they will spend on their trade. How many times have you heard them say "I don't have a bike to practice on"? It's not like this is their sole source of income or anything.
Moto75
2/7/2016 2:17pm
Funny, last night when they rolled out the top 10 riders in points, I was remarking how 4 of the top 10 are KTM & 1 was a Husky.
brimx153
2/7/2016 2:45pm
mxb2 wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
When you look at last nights results,, they are as follow: Kawasaki - 0 :( Suzuki - 1 (Weimer on RCH) Husky - 0 KTM -...

Kawasaki - 0 Sad
Husky - 0
Honda - 4

mxb2 wrote:
Yea,i dont count, weimer, jgr, bto as privateers either lol.
nick smith is on a Suzuki ,he has been in all the mains this year.

Post a reply to: 450 ktm

The Latest