450 MX predictions

theToothPerry
5/22/2021 8:53am
downard254 wrote:
Don’t know why, but my gut says Sexton could be a huge surprise this summer. We soon shall see.
Cant be a huge surprise as he was top ten at every round he entered, fastest qualifier a handful of times, as well as the winner of the last round.
motomike137
5/22/2021 9:20am
I feel like AC and Sexton are going to be super tough if they keep the rubber side down. Tomac might just come out and remind us who he is and Kenny will likely have days of brilliance. Zach will ride his guts out without a doubt and It wouldn't totally surprise me to see him defend his title.Marv can potentially still get this done as well but it is getting late for him to win one of these titles. Webb might remind us that he does in fact have the ability outdoors (he does have a 250 MX title) and nab this thing. I think this year is his best shot. My favorite is Bam Bam and while I don't think he will win the title he will definitely be a factor and likely win moto's if not an overall or two and preferrably at Reddddddddddddddddd Budddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!! I still think Eli is the favorite and he will be out for blood this summer, he is my pick.
hubbardmx50
5/22/2021 9:40am
downard254 wrote:
Don’t know why, but my gut says Sexton could be a huge surprise this summer. We soon shall see.
If he can keep it on two wheels I agree.

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/22/2021 10:04am
DF313 wrote:
I know Matthes and Weege said on a recent podcast they're doing an outdoor preview show like they do for supercross. Times ruining out though, anybody...
I know Matthes and Weege said on a recent podcast they're doing an outdoor preview show like they do for supercross. Times ruining out though, anybody have any info on if they will get one together?
So they can say once you win a SX title your season can be over? The narrative shift these guys have made since 2018 and Jason Anderson is ridiculous. Plus all there SX hangover shit, there pushing a narrative they have made up. If Webb is really getting a new agent and making money moves for the future than go and win some Nationals and the title and make another 2 million before the year is done. Not a knock at Webb it’s just how those guys along with JT are talking once you win the SX title. If this is true from now on then Dungey is gonna be the last truly great AMA rider.
kpiper
5/22/2021 10:20am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2021 10:22am
DF313 wrote:
I know Matthes and Weege said on a recent podcast they're doing an outdoor preview show like they do for supercross. Times ruining out though, anybody...
I know Matthes and Weege said on a recent podcast they're doing an outdoor preview show like they do for supercross. Times ruining out though, anybody have any info on if they will get one together?
Park Boys wrote:
So they can say once you win a SX title your season can be over? The narrative shift these guys have made since 2018 and Jason...
So they can say once you win a SX title your season can be over? The narrative shift these guys have made since 2018 and Jason Anderson is ridiculous. Plus all there SX hangover shit, there pushing a narrative they have made up. If Webb is really getting a new agent and making money moves for the future than go and win some Nationals and the title and make another 2 million before the year is done. Not a knock at Webb it’s just how those guys along with JT are talking once you win the SX title. If this is true from now on then Dungey is gonna be the last truly great AMA rider.
Dungey might be the last great rider for a while. If talking just MX it was Tomac.

But for some reason, it always seems one person steps up and dominates for a few years.

You have to think right now the 'next' one will be AC or Sexton. If I had to pick between the two of them it would be Chase.

How much longer can they be 'buddies'? Smile
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/22/2021 10:28am
DF313 wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
So they can say once you win a SX title your season can be over? The narrative shift these guys have made since 2018 and Jason...
kpiper wrote:
Dungey might be the last great rider for a while. If talking just MX it was Tomac. But for some reason, it always seems one person...
Dungey might be the last great rider for a while. If talking just MX it was Tomac.

But for some reason, it always seems one person steps up and dominates for a few years.

You have to think right now the 'next' one will be AC or Sexton. If I had to pick between the two of them it would be Chase.

How much longer can they be 'buddies'? Smile
I don’t mean it like that. Webb, Tomac and Roczen are all multi time 450 champs. I mean it in the sense that before the season has even started some media guys making excuses for Webb outdoors. Webb Himself is not, he did a little bit before the 2019 season but this year he is not. Webb has always been better at SX but that never really comes up with these guys. Maybe this year he gets its done.

In the Dungey era and everyone before it expect for a few years in the Reed/Stewart era you didn’t win the SX crown and then just be like my work here is done. There is still millions on the line outdoors. Obviously MC went SX only but he was closing in on 30 and had already had outdoor success and did it to prolong his career.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/22/2021 10:40am
I've understood the Supercross hangover to relate to a guy who has been under pressure to win his first title, and once under the belt is less prone to dropping off his pace in the outdoors.
cjg23307
5/22/2021 11:12am
Park Boys wrote:
I hear ya, but he’s never really been a title contender outdoors. I think podiums are a guarantee with a possible win but for the title...
I hear ya, but he’s never really been a title contender outdoors. I think podiums are a guarantee with a possible win but for the title I don’t think so. Maybe though the stars align and for him as he realistically is the only one who you can make an argument for.
Totally agree l. Barcia will get some moto wins maybe even a overall. But I don’t think he is in title contention at the end.
Janko630
5/22/2021 11:22am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2021 11:23am
Zacho is the sleeper here, lads.
Exhibit A : disinformation campaign - demoralize your competitors.

TeamFlannel
5/22/2021 12:45pm
OP read like a commercial for the Nationals, “never before, perfect storm, first season ever, etc, etc-overplayed when you hear/read it every other year. All that will change after the first race. Even more so after the second race. Can Baby Jesus fulfill his prophecy? My eye will be on him, but my money would be on Moosecan. I absolutely love watching that dude ride! So technical, what is it with French dudes? (I loved watching Bayle on a 500 as well, Pourcell, Ferrandis). MM25 FTW
kpiper
5/22/2021 2:04pm
OP read like a commercial for the Nationals, “never before, perfect storm, first season ever, etc, etc-overplayed when you hear/read it every other year. All that...
OP read like a commercial for the Nationals, “never before, perfect storm, first season ever, etc, etc-overplayed when you hear/read it every other year. All that will change after the first race. Even more so after the second race. Can Baby Jesus fulfill his prophecy? My eye will be on him, but my money would be on Moosecan. I absolutely love watching that dude ride! So technical, what is it with French dudes? (I loved watching Bayle on a 500 as well, Pourcell, Ferrandis). MM25 FTW
MM25 won't win the title but he is a great rider.

But I think this stuff about the French riders being 'crafty' and superior technical riders is just not true at all.

I have seen MM out of control a lot the last few years.

Both Roczen and yes, Eli are just as good on those aspects.
motomike137
5/22/2021 3:05pm
I've understood the Supercross hangover to relate to a guy who has been under pressure to win his first title, and once under the belt is...
I've understood the Supercross hangover to relate to a guy who has been under pressure to win his first title, and once under the belt is less prone to dropping off his pace in the outdoors.
I agree and it wouldn't surprise me to see Webb really push for it this summer. I think he's the type that wants to have his name up there with the greats who have won both the 450SX and 450MX titles. If he get's them both in one year that puts him in elite company.
nealb129
5/22/2021 5:35pm
Musquin, could be wrong . Though it would be a first
5/22/2021 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2021 9:41pm
Curious to know why some people are so high on Musquins chances? Not saying he can’t win but he hasn’t managed to win a premier class title yet and is coming off his worst Supercross season since being in the class. I know he came on strong at the end of SX which was cool to see but I don’t see him winning it. I’ll admit it if I turn out to be wrong, though.
Jake86
5/22/2021 6:56pm
My top 5

ET3
AC9
Bam Bam
Marv
Sexton not in any particular order...

tomlopez
5/22/2021 8:28pm
My main hope for this season is that everyone stays relatively healthy throughout the series. If that actually happens, then this could potentially be one of the wildest MX seasons of the past few decades. I mean, there's a solid 8-10 guys who have a LEGIT shot at winning motos, not just an "it might be possible" scenario. We'll probably be seeing a lot of overall wins without a moto win on the day as well.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
5/23/2021 6:12am
Jake86 wrote:
My top 5

ET3
AC9
Bam Bam
Marv
Sexton not in any particular order...

Roczen has never finished outside the top 3 in outdoor points in this 450 career. And he's now arguably better and healthier than he was in 18 and 19. The only way he's not in the top 5 is if he ends the season early.

The only two times in this entire career that he was outside the top 3 in points is 2012 in his first season in the US (4th) and 2009 in MX2 because he missed the first 4 GPs because he was still 14 y/o (finished 5th in points)
5/23/2021 9:38am Edited Date/Time 5/23/2021 9:39am
This year, I believe, we will see the indoor champ go for the 40!

Coop 2021 450MX Champ
D_L118
5/23/2021 12:10pm
I’m surprised so many people are counting Webb out. I have a feeling he will be very strobg this summer.
endurox
5/23/2021 12:17pm
hartebreak wrote:
Call me crazy, but I think this is the year Marv gets it done. My top 5 in the season standings. Marv- tons of motivation Tomac-...
Call me crazy, but I think this is the year Marv gets it done. My top 5 in the season standings.

Marv- tons of motivation
Tomac- thinking about the blue bike
Zacko- rusty and back issues
AC- fast but inconsistent
Webb- fast but doesn't care (sx title)
I think Sexton is going to take a few wins.
TeamGreen
5/23/2021 12:20pm
El Hombre
BamBam

But, hey, I could be wrong.
wreckitrandy
5/23/2021 12:35pm
Kawasaki's up front the first couple of races. Webb 4th or 5th. Then, Paul picks it up. Paul wins the title. Then, people say,,,, 'Well, if so and so hadn't crashed or, didn't have bike problems, Webb wouldn't have won.' Paul takes the check to the bank and laughs out loud.
ZOBITO
5/23/2021 12:51pm
nealb129 wrote:
Musquin, could be wrong . Though it would be a first
People who think Musquin will get a 450 title usually end up being wrong.
Wink
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/23/2021 1:08pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Wink
He might not win the title, but he's always been a contender for it and I personally don't think that'll change this year. I know you don't like him, but you can't deny that he's a great rider.

No one saw Osborne winning the title and he did.

A lot of people are on the Webb train because he won his 2nd SX title, but the truth is, he's never been a contender outdoor. Will that change this year? Maybe, but I don't think he'll win the title.

I think it's in one of the Moto Spy episodes where his mechanic says something along the lines of "Webb is supercross, supercross, supercross, and is not willing to push it when it comes to outdoors"

ZOBITO
5/23/2021 1:33pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Wink
This is not an opinion, it's a fact, just like Maverick confirmed.
Tongue
Ken202
Fantasy
1476th
5/23/2021 1:44pm
Chase Sexton ftw.
kingmcgrath
Fantasy
2nd
5/23/2021 2:00pm
A lot of different names being thrown out for champ and the great part is that you can make a strong case for each one. Hopefully sets us up for an exciting summer. I'd be cool with basically any one of them winning it, too.

Remember though, we thought the same coming into SX and still at the end of the day it was 3 guys winning everything after the opener. A small group will probably assert themselves after the first few rounds and dominate from there.

Post a reply to: 450 MX predictions

The Latest