426f carb insight

Edited Date/Time 5/12/2014 7:15am
im just looking for some tips on this carb, and 4 stroke carbs in general.just picked up a yz426 (my first 4stroke). i took the carb apart to clean it out to see if i could get it run better, or at all. when i first got it, it flooded out so easy. i figured out keeping the petcock half way would let it run fine. yesterday and today it seemed like it wasnt getting any gas at all. got it to start a few times only to die out after a few seconds. backfired alot while running.

after tearing into the carb, on top of the slide by the TPS was covered in what looked like some yamabond. i cleaned it all out and took off the bowl. the needle looks great. can anyone help me out with the float specs? i cant find them anywhere. also im attaching a picture with the jet sizing. maybe someone could let me know what sizes work for them.

also in the bowl, the adjustable fuel screw on the bottom that you can get to with the bowl on looks like the previous owner cranked the shit out of it all the way closed. i found 1.25-2 turns out is spec. the problem is the top is destroyed, i got it to move a little with vise grips on the side(dont worry its getting replaced), but i didnt want it to snap off in there.
|
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/5/2014 6:59pm
Moved to the Race Shop section.
5/5/2014 7:01pm
ML512 wrote:
sorry about that, didnt realize where i was posting. thanks
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/5/2014 7:13pm
ML512 wrote:
RM250racer wrote:
sorry about that, didnt realize where i was posting. thanks
No worries, on the moto-related page it will more than often just get bumped off the page before you get an answer. The traffic is lower in this section, but you're more likely to get a tech question answered in here since this is where the guys that look to answer these questions hangout.

The Shop

TX24
5/12/2014 7:15am
For me, an adjustable leak jet (about $100) does wonders on carbed 4 strokes.

Post a reply to: 426f carb insight

The Latest