peelout
7/15/2022 10:58am
man... my heart would be absolutely broken if i lost my 2 year old

so tragic, i can't imagine how his parents are dealing with this
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/15/2022 11:17am
Feel terrible for the kid, he's too little to really know what's going on, family should know better but that doesn't change things.

We all do dangerous stuff and have stories that if things were a foot in the other direction it could have been alot worse. My parents weren't motorcyclists, they thought dirtbikes were dangerous so I rode the old atc350x with my friends when I was 13 and could kick start it. I learned how to lean way off the side real quick, but still took my share of diggers, nothing too bad luckily.

My 4 year old son has been on an electric balance bike and pedal bike for a year. A couple months ago he got on a tricycle and tipped it over in about 2 seconds when he went to make a turn, he got up and looked at it like "that doesn't happen on my other bikes" then he asked for his electric back.

I always tell people riding a quad is fighting the thing not to kill you, riding a motorcycle is dancing with a partner.
7/15/2022 11:19am
The kid was 5 years old (two days before his 5th Birthday). Was he wearing a helmet? Probably not.

I know I was doing the similar shit on my grandpas tractors at a young age. Not the best judgement but a lot of us have done it and I wouldn't give the parents a hard time for this accident as they are dealing with a horrible tragedy.

This 5yr old is doing much better than some of you Vitards could:

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
7/15/2022 11:36am
gt80rider wrote:
A lot of people throwing stones here... a lot that have happily strapped a 3/4/5 yr old to a new race bike.... I grew up different...
A lot of people throwing stones here... a lot that have happily strapped a 3/4/5 yr old to a new race bike....

I grew up different.... I was raking fields with a JD H tractor at 5.... by myself... and truthfully, that was not odd... most of the boys around me were in the same boat...

i learned to ride a bicycle a couple months after that... and an MC a few months after that....

at 7... well.. it was time to learn to drive our farm's 70s stick F150.... that didn't end so well, i actually ended up sliding into a dozer.... LOL... but yet I learned (i think my dad learned more on that one though!)...

put down your pitch forks people... mistakes were made... by me... by you.. as well as by every single parent on this planet...

Agreed. Grew up running tractors and garden tractors....and of course dirt bikes.

Bad stuff happens, sometimes it's due to bad judgement...sometimes not.

This is why we are a soft nation now.
It was a sad day when schools removed wood shop, auto shop classes.
It's the "bulldozer" parenting world we live in today.

The Shop

DKmxFAN
7/15/2022 12:51pm
Not far from me, super sad.

Post a reply to: 4 year old dies on a 700cc ATV

The Latest