377 & 38

bobby397
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:06pm
stole this from racerxonline.com

"However, those fans should’ve stuck around to see what transpired after the race, as a couple of hours later, outside the GEICO Powersports Honda rig, Chris Pourcel showed up, his right arm in a sling supporting a badly swollen shoulder, and asked Canard for one of the championship shirts Fox had made up that said, "Every Moto Counts" on the front. Sadly, the team was out of the shirts, so instead, Canard brought out his race helmet, which he had signed on the back to read, "Thanks for the great season, Trey Canard". Pourcel rejected it, laughing, saying it wasn’t funny enough, so Canard returned to the rig, then came back and had added something about "The Duck" ("Canard" is French for "duck"), and Pourcel happily accepted.

Pourcel then proceeded to tell Canard that he wasn’t happy to have lost, but he said that Canard deserved to win the championship, and he congratulated his rival on his performance. Canard was touched by the whole thing. You see, last year at High Point, Canard had Pourcel beaten in moto two, which would’ve been Canard’s first-ever AMA National win, but Pourcel dogged him the whole way, and with about two laps to go, Canard switched lines on a tricky jump and went over the bars, breaking his arm badly. Pourcel won the overall that day. And Pourcel also made it a point to go over to the GEICO rig that day to tell Canard that he was sorry he was hurt and compliment Canard on how he was riding that day."

thumbs up for both riders!!!!!
|
ky_savage
Fantasy
500th
9/12/2010 7:24am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 7:24am
That's awesome!! Great to see the amount of respect from those guys.
plowboy
9/12/2010 7:29am
Class...what else can be said?
bobby397
9/12/2010 7:32am
ky_savage wrote:
That's awesome!! Great to see the amount of respect from those guys.
yes sir
888moto
9/12/2010 7:35am
we were standing at the honda tent after the race and mitch came over to congrat larocco and the team,it was sweet the whole honda team was coming out of the rig to chat with mitch..it was very cool!!!!!!!!!!! strait up class act.....at the end of the day it go's to show that no matter where your from motocross breads real people....

The Shop

looneytune
9/12/2010 7:39am
That's how World Champion's and Pro's should act towards each other, with a healthy amount of mutual respect. Kind of makes some of the dirty tactics and trash talking look a little bit silly now doesn't it? 450 racing is going to be awesome next year with Dungey, Canard, and Pourcel all in the same class.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
9/12/2010 7:51am
See, I still dont get how people hate Pourcel, sure he might be a little different because hes french but he is a genuine good dude!
JaumeTGO
9/12/2010 8:01am
Class Act!!...........both riders are awesome.

Thanks for this season.
Neutra
9/12/2010 8:22am
I love this sport. Two cool dudes.
munsch121
9/12/2010 8:56am
Its funny, I have NEVER understood all the shit Pourcel gets, I have always liked the dude. Its sad to think that the biggest reason for his lack of acceptance in the U.S.A. is simply because he speaks rough english or is French.....Regardless, thanks to the 2 of them we had some of the best battles in a long long time at the nationals....Hope they both set the 450 class on fire next season.
mccread
9/12/2010 8:56am
Pretty unbelievable how he gets treated by some fans in the USA just because he is winning and not American... great to see guys like Canard stand up for what it right... and the best thing is supercross 2011 = Dungey, Stewart, RV, Pourcel(if fit), Canard, Reed Weimar, Short, Grant, Millsaps, Windham, Millsaps...

ddog558
9/12/2010 9:01am
Whats with all the touchy-feely respect between riders these days? Hell, Hannah would have flipped him off and told him how he would stomp his ass when he healed up.........
SMITH201
9/12/2010 9:06am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:08am
You know, enevthough I respect him as a racer I never liked Pourcel, but I have to say that while I was at Steel City that changed. He is actually a good dude. I hope he isnt hurt bad and makes a speedy recovery.

Not only Cox's write up, but incase anyone didnt see it. Check out CP and Nards BS'in after the race Smile

http://motocross.transworld.net/...-weekend-steel-city/
englishman
9/12/2010 9:06am
Stole this too

"On the podium, for probably the 12th race in a row, Canard was greeted to chants of "USA!" which he graciously accepted, but throughout the series, Pourcel has been mocked and belittled by the American crowds at the podiums as many fans have told him to "go home" and other similar things. The implication at Pala was that, by winning, Canard had won the championship for the USA, stopping a Frenchman from winning the title."

Shame the "fans" haven't got the respect and class the riders do.

XENOPHOBIA as defined by Mirriam Websters:

"Fear and hatred of strangers or foreigners or of anything that is strange or foreign".

Suns_PSD
9/12/2010 9:07am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:08am
mxrider225 wrote:
See, I still dont get how people hate Pourcel, sure he might be a little different because hes french but he is a genuine good dude!
I think that the French accent and tone, to American ears, just unintentionally comes off a little snooty and stand offish. It's no reflection on the (French) individual. It's just a bit Colonial in tone.

I can't help but pull for Pourcel. He is a cool dude w/ a sick style and my Grandmother is from the same town he is from, Marseille, France. A city that I know as I visit family there every few years.
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
9/12/2010 9:12am
bobby397 wrote:
stole this from racerxonline.com "However, those fans should’ve stuck around to see what transpired after the race, as a couple of hours later, outside the GEICO...
stole this from racerxonline.com

"However, those fans should’ve stuck around to see what transpired after the race, as a couple of hours later, outside the GEICO Powersports Honda rig, Chris Pourcel showed up, his right arm in a sling supporting a badly swollen shoulder, and asked Canard for one of the championship shirts Fox had made up that said, "Every Moto Counts" on the front. Sadly, the team was out of the shirts, so instead, Canard brought out his race helmet, which he had signed on the back to read, "Thanks for the great season, Trey Canard". Pourcel rejected it, laughing, saying it wasn’t funny enough, so Canard returned to the rig, then came back and had added something about "The Duck" ("Canard" is French for "duck"), and Pourcel happily accepted.

Pourcel then proceeded to tell Canard that he wasn’t happy to have lost, but he said that Canard deserved to win the championship, and he congratulated his rival on his performance. Canard was touched by the whole thing. You see, last year at High Point, Canard had Pourcel beaten in moto two, which would’ve been Canard’s first-ever AMA National win, but Pourcel dogged him the whole way, and with about two laps to go, Canard switched lines on a tricky jump and went over the bars, breaking his arm badly. Pourcel won the overall that day. And Pourcel also made it a point to go over to the GEICO rig that day to tell Canard that he was sorry he was hurt and compliment Canard on how he was riding that day."

thumbs up for both riders!!!!!
That is a cool story!
Glad to see CP was still in good spirits after what happened.
It is also cool of Trey to give him his race helmet.
TerryK
9/12/2010 9:13am
Well there it is. Proof that Poucel is not the devil and proof the the world won't come to an end every time a "foreign" rider hits the US shores. Now can all the haters just please stfu?
9/12/2010 9:18am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2010 9:21am
ddog558 wrote:
Whats with all the touchy-feely respect between riders these days? Hell, Hannah would have flipped him off and told him how he would stomp his ass...
Whats with all the touchy-feely respect between riders these days? Hell, Hannah would have flipped him off and told him how he would stomp his ass when he healed up.........
When Hannah was racing he had to win to make the house payment (hypothetically). With the way rider contracts are now you no longer have to be such a tough hard ass. Lawrence proved that doesn't get you far. SHow some class and get class in return. I think Canard standing up for Pourcel on the podium at Steel City made them friends for life.
LoudLove
9/12/2010 10:15am
A bit off topic, but during the early 90's I traveled extensively through Europe while with the US Navy. And no country treated us with more respect, courtesy, and class than France. And Marseilles far and away was the friendliest, most open city to US servicemen and women. So it's strange to see Pourcel receive such a poor reception, when I don't recall similar sentiments with riders of other nationalities.
ocscottie
9/12/2010 12:10pm
This deserves a bump, everyone should read it.

Class acts.
calimxer91
9/12/2010 12:16pm
TerryK wrote:
Well there it is. Proof that Poucel is not the devil and proof the the world won't come to an end every time a "foreign" rider...
Well there it is. Proof that Poucel is not the devil and proof the the world won't come to an end every time a "foreign" rider hits the US shores. Now can all the haters just please stfu?
He's giving them nothing to hate at lately.Much respect from this fan ,and hope he rebounds quick from this setback.BTW ,I really thought he had it in the bag and he probably did too that first moto.Gotta be tough for him.

Post a reply to: 377 & 38

The Latest