31-Year-Old Freshie?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2018 7:46 AM

Found this on fleabay and just had to have it. Now I have two. The first one will become a parts bike for this new one. I may part some of it out. Anyone need parts for an 87 CR125?
|

7/1/2018 8:35 AM

The ad no longer appears. That said it now shows a pretty nice '83 CR60.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/1/2018 8:36 AM

I'm told the link takes you to a 83 Honda now. I guess because I purchased it. I can still see the original add, but I guess no one else can. So, I copied the below from the ebay page, and a couple of pictures.

"Vintage 1987 CR 125-classic
Up for sale is more than a motorcycle, but a great memory. This classic Honda race bike was salvaged from years of abuse and neglect. Each bolt, seal, and moving part was replaced, or machined and tooled to new. It was a full year and half restoration done by the pros @ Seacoast Cycle in Newburyport Mass. The bike became one of their center piece restorations. Making a cover shot on their website, it was raced by the owners at many New England ACR races. It won the championship of 2017, and was highlighted in the video below, as part of the racers featured wins, and glory checkered flag memories. The film produced by Wynn Racing, debuts this bike # 71. The bike has over 5k invested with a full Race Tech front and rear suspension kit installed, full right side 1989 motor case,wiesco 1up top end,FMF fatty pipe, and new brakes, front and rear sprockets, larger pegs,and renthal bars. The bike is turnkey race ready. The sale price is $1795.00 I priced it low, as everyone who knows about race bikes, especially vintage, is you never get back what you put into it. These bikes are all about building the memories and fun rides. I don't need the money, so respectfully, the price is the price. You are getting a New England Legand. Time to pass the torch to the next rider/racer. Copy the URL below into a new browser to see the video. Payment in full on paypal. No deposit. Pay in full,and pay in confidence for an amazing deal. No reserve-no auction. This bike is kick ready to race or ride-needs nothing but YOU!"

Photo
Photo

|

7/1/2018 8:37 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You just have to click the highlighted word.. listing to see old ad. Nice! Photo

|

7/1/2018 8:38 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Yeah, thanks, Mav. Like I said above, I guess I can still see the original for the 87 since I bought it. Thanks for the heads-up.

|

7/1/2018 8:40 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

My mechanic had one of those for a pit bike, we made it pretty trick: (wish i had pics of it finished)

Photo

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

7/1/2018 8:42 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

imoto34 wrote:

You just have to click the highlighted word.. listing to see old ad. Nice! Photo

Thanks, imotobro.

|

7/1/2018 8:57 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

My mechanic had one of those for a pit bike, we made it pretty trick: (wish i had pics of it finished)

Photo

CR60 pit bike? Damn. Must of been the king of pit bikes. I wonder why Honda stopped making them. I mean they produced the CR85 until the mid 2000's.

Were they not that great of a bike?

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/1/2018 12:10 PM

Hell yeah Harry bro!

|

KX125

7/11/2018 8:45 PM

Ok. The bike arrived safely from New Hampshire. I took it out and it runs great. Clutch is good, transmission is good. After a wash, I removed the incorrect stickers and installed the correct stickers for the 87. Not impressed with the previous owner's maintenance. Air filter was trashed. Airbox filthy. Mud was caked in various places. I don't know what kind of dirt they got up north, but that crud is tough to get off. Georgia clay comes right off with Shout. Anyhow, solid platform to start with. Here's a few pics I snapped a couple of days ago.

Photo
Photo

|

7/11/2018 8:56 PM

That was my first big bike... after that my first freshy was a 89 CR 125! Both really cool and would love to have either one of them again. Killer find harry bro!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

7/12/2018 3:25 AM

Congratulations!

eBay has a new "feature" where if you click on a closed listing, they show you a new, ongoing listing. HORRIBLE!

Click on the second word "listing" in the words they give you:

The listing you’re looking for is no longer available. Check out this similar item we found for you.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/323315779424?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

|