30+ ab, 30+ cd, 35+, 40+ab and 40+cd is stupid

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
3/30/2021 10:29pm
Since coming back to riding and lining up a couple of times last fall, I'm right in the middle speedwise of the Vet category.

I see both sides of it, I could care less about my results though and just like the fun of battling with guys with similar speed. So bigger classes is nice for me.

On the other side though, I'm still a jumper and don't feel like I'm in the way or going to get landed on and I'm not fast enough or dedicated enough to worry about jumping on someone as I'm not scared to back off at all. There can be quite a skill gap between your Vet A guys and your Vet C guys. And definitely a different idea of how many laps to go.

We do a lot of double drops at the races I've been to, but they typically are running 2 or 3 of the classes at the same time, so it really isn't changing the race format length.

Off subject, but it's brought up... Moto entries are crazy cheap compared to other motorsports. It's a tough business and I can promise the track owners at most your locals aren't just raking in cash like you may assume.
luke11
Fantasy
2280th
3/31/2021 3:53am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2021 3:54am
“It’s not fair the people in my class are too fast and I can’t win, make me a class with those 5 people in, just those I think I can beat them”
Hopefully they start doing participation trophies at the races.
3/31/2021 4:14am
Its not a Vet class problem in the USA. There are 28 classes at an AMA event. Only 7 are Vet classes and they have the largest amount of entries.
Mcflurry98
3/31/2021 4:51am
There are a lot of dudes in the Vet classes that are still really fast well past the age of 30. But for a lot of them, everything revolves around this sport. That is good and awesome for them, but for the average 35 year old dude that rides twice a month, with 2 kids, a wife, and work to go to on Monday, it probably doesn't make the most sense for them to be on the track with the guys are still runinning A/B class speeds. Especially at tracks that get super rough and have big jumps with peaky landings.

I'd be cool with the vet classes being broken into a C/D A/B type of format. It's safer for everyone that way and you don't end up with too many classes.

The Shop

JohnnyD13
3/31/2021 5:18am
luckyguy19 wrote:
They need to get rid of all those classes and have a; I need to go to work tomorrow class. Everyone would show respect Hold their...
They need to get rid of all those classes and have a; I need to go to work tomorrow class.

Everyone would show respect
Hold their line
No elbows
Check up for guys who don't send it

Beers after if everyone makes it out

Truth is if your over 40 and still riding moto, have a loving wife you want to bang every night, and good kids, you've already won at life.
You are why I came on vital today my friend. And why I love racing the age classes. I also get excited when I move up to an older class. Only moto guys are fine with getting older I think
WFO
4/1/2021 5:15am
Back in the day all those gates WERE full. Things have changed.
McG194
4/1/2021 5:27am
dh893 wrote:
Seems like our district adds a new vet class every year, it's getting ridiculous. The promoters are all for it because having more classes forces riders...
Seems like our district adds a new vet class every year, it's getting ridiculous. The promoters are all for it because having more classes forces riders to sign up for more classes just to be able to ride more than 10 laps in a 12 hour day. Basically, they see that there are less riders so why not get them to pay more money to get some riding in.
Where are you racing that has less riders? I want to find that place. Every place I know of has been setting records the past year.

Post a reply to: 30+ ab, 30+ cd, 35+, 40+ab and 40+cd is stupid

The Latest