3 rounds in, patterns ?

Edited Date/Time 1/21/2013 9:32am
all sorts of ideas on rider performance and bike set up flying about here after both rounds 1 and 2 ,now with another one in the books are we starting to see a pattern ?

imo

rv picking up pace and flying up the points standings
rd struggling a bit ( i really wonder if hes hurt tbh)
js hurt and struggling , speed still there though
tc solid
jb fast but a bit up and down
dm refreshed and consistent
cr steady ,consistent and improving
|
honda341
1/21/2013 8:09am
RD just needs to work on his starts. I think that is his biggest weak point. As others have said. If he starts up front, he runs up front speed. If he starts in the back he runs that speed and slowly picks it up throughout the race. By working on his starts, I mean be smart off the start. Don't get the jump? Slow down and hug the inside and pass the 10 people that sweep out. So happy for TC. Hope Barcia can come out and lay wood to the rest of the field this weekend. Out of everyone, I want him or TC to win the championship.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
1/21/2013 8:14am Edited Date/Time 1/21/2013 8:23am
honda341 wrote:
RD just needs to work on his starts. I think that is his biggest weak point. As others have said. If he starts up front, he...
RD just needs to work on his starts. I think that is his biggest weak point. As others have said. If he starts up front, he runs up front speed. If he starts in the back he runs that speed and slowly picks it up throughout the race. By working on his starts, I mean be smart off the start. Don't get the jump? Slow down and hug the inside and pass the 10 people that sweep out. So happy for TC. Hope Barcia can come out and lay wood to the rest of the field this weekend. Out of everyone, I want him or TC to win the championship.
For RD Its been a week point, that and aggressiveness. Seems to me he has gotten a little more aggressive, but idk why he hasnt perfected starts, thats half the battle.

On a side note how about Canard? Guy has been 1-2 every weekend. He coulda easily had 2-2-2, Stewart said it best 3rd all year long could win the title. Im really liking Canard's chances right now.
Hank_Thrill
1/21/2013 8:27am
Minus half a lap, Canard is spending more time up front in the first and second spots than anybody. Phenomenal, in my opinion.
TDeath21
1/21/2013 8:40am
The way it is looking right now, we might be in for a 2008 East Supercross rematch. What an epic series that was. Everything is shaping up the same way.

Reed will join that lead group soon. You can count on that. He's playing the same game he's played for 10 years.

Dungey just needs to get a start, and to do that he has to qualify better. He can't pull holeshots from the outside like Barcia.

Millsaps has to be the surprise so far. He stepped it up big time this year. He has been getting very good starts though. I don't see him slicing through the pack with a mediocre start, which he will have to do at some point.

Stewart is kind of like Dungey in the fact that he has to get a start. With his knee the way it is, if he isn't top 3 at the start, I don't see him winning. At this point, if it is possible, I would prefer him get healed for the outdoors.

Barcia might be like Canard in 2011. Be close enough in points to have a chance, but realistically he will probably just be a major spoiler in the second half of the season.

The Shop

1/21/2013 9:19am
Riders doing better or as expected thus far -

All in all Ryan Villopoto is the best combination out there imo and most likely to win the title.

Trey Canard is a huge surprise to me this year - after the races he missed and injuries sustained I expected him to be doing what he is now by round 10 or 12, certainly not this early. Excellent to see.

I think Justin Barcia is about where I expected him to be, super fast but inconsistent given his first year. Very impressed though and he's no doubt going to win more.

Millsaps another surprise but I think Trey, Justin and certainly RV have got the edge on him most times out. He looks better than ever though.

James Stewart deserves props for riding injured and sticking to his plan. He's done well imo by staying out there, making mains and gradually building back his strength up. It may not be glamorous but I think he's doing the best he can for now. He could've just quit but he hasn't.

Riders doing a little worse than I expected thus far -

My two favourites Reed and Dungey. I know Chad builds slow and his A2 ride was a little more like it. But I still worry that his speed is significantly more off than usual at this point. Looking at it from the pov of being the SX champion at the end of the year... to beat guys like RV and TC is going to take some work. He just isn't fast enough right now. Hopefully by San Diego time he can find his mojo from last year.

Like Chad it's difficult to tell with Ryan Dungey at this point. I think he's been a little more unlucky so far this year than usual. If there's a rider out of control or a tuff block knocked into the track, Ryan seems to be finding it. But it's down to him to get better starts and of course his A1 mistake was his own. Still early days though. I think his speed is good overall and he'll be a factor soon.

Post a reply to: 3 rounds in, patterns ?

The Latest