3 motos for MX?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/12/2017 9:18 AM

Sounds good to me 3 20 minute plus 1 lap motos. I like it!

|

11/12/2017 9:21 AM

Yes, the good old days would be making a comeback.

Paw Paw

|

11/12/2017 9:34 AM

They tried it in the GPs years ago.

It was not a good thing.

Keep the 'SX' mentality away from real Motocross. Hell, too much of it has crept in as it is.

Haven't you short attention span individuals got enough 'shiny things' to keep you 'entertained' ?

But go ahead, and ruin your Nationals with short(er) little Motos .................

|

11/12/2017 10:24 AM

45 minute motos again?

|

11/12/2017 2:33 PM

Ehhhh seems a bit too long for the motos maybe? 15+1 might be a little less heat-stroke-y

|

11/12/2017 2:42 PM

40+ minutes, x2, or even 3, is the way to go.

|

11/12/2017 4:28 PM

MX Guy wrote:

Ehhhh seems a bit too long for the motos maybe? 15+1 might be a little less heat-stroke-y

MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano brew. Not too fruity."??

|

11/12/2017 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2017 6:39 PM

I did a QLD (state) title one year that had 3x30min motos

It

was

fuuuucked!!

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

11/12/2017 4:57 PM

Rather keep it the way it is.

|

11/12/2017 5:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2017 5:00 PM

I like starts! Plus I’m obviously a short attention span old school wanna destroy motocross supercross lovin’ tard, just ask around.

|

11/12/2017 8:21 PM

MX Guy wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano brew. Not too fruity."??

Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and punctuation tells me you're not intellectually suited for an adult conversation. Your insults are meaningless when you have no idea how to write properly. I feel sorry for the English instructors that have had to deal with you, I feel even more sorry for you though and hope that some day you learn about "thinking before speaking."

|

11/12/2017 8:40 PM

I like it how it is. 2 long motos, weighted towards the second moto when it's rough and people are tried. No need to change IMO.

|

11/12/2017 9:16 PM

MX Guy wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and punctuation tells me you're not intellectually suited for an adult conversation. Your insults are meaningless when you have no idea how to write properly. I feel sorry for the English instructors that have had to deal with you, I feel even more sorry for you though and hope that some day you learn about "thinking before speaking."

I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one,,, plus 6 minutes more for the 3 extra laps comes to just a touch more than one moto in Hannah's day. Too fruity.

|

11/12/2017 9:34 PM

wreckitrandy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one,,, plus 6 minutes more for the 3 extra laps comes to just a touch more than one moto in Hannah's day. Too fruity.

There aren't words to describe how much I don't care about a single word you type

|

11/13/2017 12:27 AM

MX Guy wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

There aren't words to describe how much I don't care about a single word you type

Mx micro brew wrecked by randy.

|

11/13/2017 12:37 AM

MX Guy wrote:

wreckitrandy wrote:

MX Guy wrote:

*usage

|

11/13/2017 12:49 AM

Where did this idea come from? And what is the reason behind it? Or does it only live in this thread?

|

11/13/2017 1:21 AM

I agree in that they need to do something about the MX also. The last 10-15min of each moto (incl the 2laps) is a sleeping pill. That goes for MXGP also.

I would change it to 30+2 and two sprint motos of 15min + 1. Then you get both durability and speed as factors. Another alternative could be 3x 20+3.

|

11/13/2017 1:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2017 1:54 AM

I think they should keep it as it is.

I’m 23 and grew up only watching Supercross. This was the first year I watched more than 1 round of the MX and I fell in love with it. I never missed a minute of any moto and if I’m honest, I’m more looking forward to the 2018 MX series than I am the SX series.

|

11/13/2017 3:07 AM

What did I miss?!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/13/2017 3:08 AM

It really is just living in my head for now but I would guess any business that wants to grow is looking for ways for it to grow The 3X20 plus 1 lap is the same amount of racing time for those that can’t add

|

11/13/2017 2:21 PM

I like the idea.

|

11/13/2017 5:06 PM

3 motos was common at local races in the early 70s. I liked it because you could make up for a bad moto and you got more time on the track. If I remember the GPS did 3 45 min motos in the 60s, early 70s.
I don't see it as a good format today for the Nationals. I would like to see a two day format with qualifier race like the gps.

|

11/13/2017 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2017 7:27 PM

How about 1 x 45 minutes, 1 x 20 minutes, and 2 x 3 lap sprint races? That way, everyone gets what they want... a stupid long race, a normal race, and 2 quick sprint races. Would cater to both the fit and the great starters. Run the sprint motos back to back.

|

11/13/2017 7:29 PM

ga_pike wrote:

How about 1 x 45 minutes, 1 x 20 minutes, and 2 x 3 lap sprint races? That way, everyone gets what they want... a stupid long race, a normal race, and 2 quick sprint races. Would cater to both the fit and the great starters. Run the sprint motos back to back.

I like it!

|