3 bikes stolen out of Florida, including a 19 yz85

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2018 7:43 AM

Got 3 of my bikes stolen from palm harbor Florida.

2019 yz85
2014 yz85
2014 crf450

Really want the 19 85 back, should be easy to spot if someone is selling. Number is 727-204-0175

Also, any suggestion on security companies? And prices I can expect to pay? Happened in the middle of night and I didn’t wake up.

2 of the bikes were chained together and they dragged them off that way. So want to do alarm, and chain them to the ground for now on. Any suggestions on chaining to ground? Thinking drill hole, insert some type of eye bolt, then concrete in?

|

7/23/2018 7:44 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

7/23/2018 8:36 AM

Man that sucks.
After washing the bikes i remove the rear tire.

|

7/23/2018 8:59 AM

jl0822 wrote:

Man that sucks.

Going to start doing that I think, atleast for the mean time till I get complacent again.

Tips on eye bolts in the concrete anyone? Looking to him Home Depot shortly and trying to put a list together

|

7/23/2018 9:07 AM

jl0822 wrote:

Man that sucks.

oceantrav wrote:

Going to start doing that I think, atleast for the mean time till I get complacent again.

Tips on eye bolts in the concrete anyone? Looking to him Home Depot shortly and trying to put a list together

Photo
|

"Who cares about what other people think"

7/23/2018 9:09 AM

How did they get in the garage?

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

7/23/2018 9:13 AM

SEEMEFIRST wrote:

How did they get in the garage?

May have left the backdoor unlocked, then they cut my fence open

|

7/23/2018 9:16 AM

I haven't sold any of my bikes yet but if I ever do I'm going to say meet me at the police station parking lot. A lot of police stations have dedicated Craigslist areas in their parking lots now.

|

7/23/2018 9:17 AM

Sorry to hear - that really sucks

|

7/23/2018 9:18 AM

Sure sucks that we live in a world where we have to chain our bikes to your garage floor at your own home. Hope you get your bikes back. Maybe get a dog. I have a 100 pound German Shepherd that is a pretty good deterrent.

|

7/23/2018 9:20 AM

jl0822 wrote:

Man that sucks.

oceantrav wrote:

Myke wrote: Photo

Those look perfect. Just drill a hole and hammer her in? The screw in eye bolt??

|

7/23/2018 9:21 AM

jgmxdad251 wrote:

Sure sucks that we live in a world where we have to chain our bikes to your garage floor at your own home. Hope you get your bikes back. Maybe get a dog. I have a 100 pound German Shepherd that is a pretty good deterrent.

Ya, I have a 6 month old chocolate lab that didn’t do his job. He’s getting sold ASAP...smh lol

|

7/23/2018 9:21 AM

oceantrav wrote:

2019 yz85
2014 yz85
2014 crf450

Really want the 19 85 back, should be easy to spot if someone is selling. Number is 727-204-0175

Also, any suggestion on security companies? And prices I can expect to pay? Happened in the middle of night and I didn’t wake up.

2 of the bikes were chained together and they dragged them off that way. So want to do alarm, and chain them to the ground for now on. Any suggestions on chaining to ground? Thinking drill hole, insert some type of eye bolt, then concrete in?

Man that is a major bummer. I will keep my eyes out for them!

As far as security, check into PC Security http://www.pcsecurity-fl.com/ . Thats actually Paul Currie company.

|

7/23/2018 9:32 AM

oceantrav wrote:

2019 yz85
2014 yz85
2014 crf450

Renner153 wrote:

Man that is a major bummer. I will keep my eyes out for them!

As far as security, check into PC Security http://www.pcsecurity-fl.com/ . Thats actually Paul Currie company.

Appreciate it, went with ADT since apparently I have a system already in place on the house I bought 2 months back.

|

7/23/2018 9:48 AM

Have a body shop pulling pot installed in the floor to chain them to. Photo

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

7/23/2018 9:55 AM

oceantrav wrote:

Myke wrote: Photo

oceantrav wrote:

Those look perfect. Just drill a hole and hammer her in? The screw in eye bolt??

I wouldn’t recommend that. They can be pulled out and jostled loose. Good for keeping equipment bolted to the floor from moving, but if someone wants to move it, they could shake it loose and yank it out, plus if they bring tools, they could take out the bolt that screws into it.

I’d recommend the pulling pot as above, or cut a 1’x1’ square and lay a piece of rebar and mesh, with the rebar being partially exposed in the middle and recessed in the floor that you can chain to. Won’t be able to pull that out or cut it without a shit ton of noise and time.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

7/23/2018 10:03 AM

Bolt cutters can just snip the chain. Chains just keep honest people honest. A good insurance policy and an alarm system is probably the safest bet.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

7/23/2018 10:13 AM

mx317 wrote:

Bolt cutters can just snip the chain. Chains just keep honest people honest. A good insurance policy and an alarm system is probably the safest bet.

Ya, I hear ya. Just trying to slow them down.

Will be taking wheels off, and alarm system is already scheduled. Had I taken these two steps, probaly 95% chance bikes would still be there.

|

7/23/2018 10:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 10:20 AM

I have 17 cameras but the best thing I bought was these 10$ motion sensors off Ebay. I put one on each corner of my property and inside each gate. There is a few bright or loud reciever alarms that can be placed around your house to notify you. The best part is when the motion sensors detect something on your property a blue laser beam shines across parameter corner to corner and the intruder knows someone has been notified before they get 5 feet on my property. Then I look at cameras and if they are dumb enough to keep coming I decide if I want to put the red dot center mass.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

7/23/2018 10:24 AM

FLmxer wrote:

I have 17 cameras but the best thing I bought was these 10$ motion sensors off Ebay. I put one on each corner of my property and inside each gate. There is a few bright or loud reciever alarms that can be placed around your house to notify you. The best part is when the motion sensors detect something on your property a blue laser beam shines across parameter corner to corner and the intruder knows someone has been notified before they get 5 feet on my property. Then I look at cameras and if they are dumb enough to keep coming I decide if I want to put the red dot center mass.

That’s pretty cool. Do you get many false alarms caused by raccoons, deer, coyotes, etc,?

|

7/23/2018 10:38 AM

Photo
These and those expandable rivets for securing window wells to a foundation.
|

7/23/2018 10:44 AM

MR. X wrote: Photo
These and those expandable rivets for securing window wells to a foundation.

Haven't seen expandable rivets for a window.

I do have a large window in the garage you can see in the pic. On my shopping spree today at Homedepot i was planning on a 2x6 and screw it into the block walls with concrete anchors to slow anyone down exiting that way.

|

7/23/2018 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 10:51 AM

FLmxer wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

That’s pretty cool. Do you get many false alarms caused by raccoons, deer, coyotes, etc,?

I do but having the cameras help that. Here is the cheap sensor on Ebay. It doesn't seem like much but I was surprised how well they work. An add pops up on FB for these exact things for like $99.99 regularly.
Photo

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

7/23/2018 11:10 AM

oceantrav wrote:

Haven't seen expandable rivets for a window.

I do have a large window in the garage you can see in the pic. On my shopping spree today at Homedepot i was planning on a 2x6 and screw it into the block walls with concrete anchors to slow anyone down exiting that way.

Photo
Use these to hold the d ring to the floor
|

7/23/2018 4:46 PM

Sucks to hear man, will keep my eyes out on FB and craigslist and at the local tracks. I'm in Sarasota.

Good luck.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

7/23/2018 4:58 PM

Sucks man, I saw your post on FB you're friends with my friends. I've been meaning to buy these disc alarms from PJ he said they are super loud if you just bump it. Photo

|

7/23/2018 5:29 PM

Wire rope is very difficult to cut with a bolt cutter. It just spreads out in the jaws. You have to use an abrasive wheel. (grinder) (noisy)

|

7/23/2018 5:44 PM

DB97 wrote:

Sucks man, I saw your post on FB you're friends with my friends. I've been meaning to buy these disc alarms from PJ he said they are super loud if you just bump it. Photo

Just bought two of them, then may get a little more, two is all I really need at the moment ?

|

7/23/2018 5:59 PM

oceantrav wrote:

Just bought two of them, then may get a little more, two is all I really need at the moment ?

I'm gonna buy some and buy insurance on my bikes asap that's the worst fear man. Hopefully you get them back.

|

7/23/2018 6:11 PM

Does your home owners insurance cover them?

|