3(!) Grand Prix Races in Lommel this year

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2020 6:39 AM

According to news site Motocrossplanet, there will be three Grand Prix races held in Lommel this year. 18, 21 and 25 October. Entire calendar will follow shortly.

Source: https://www.motocrossplanet.nl/nieuws-int/76698/Drie-(!)-Grote-Prijzen-in-Lommel-in-oktober

I've heard some rumours about a double GP in Latvia as well.

|

7/2/2020 7:00 AM

Holy moly imagine the sand in Gajser's googles after that one

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

7/2/2020 7:07 AM

I would say that is Herlings wet dream, but after the way Gajser rode at Valkenswaard it might not be.

|

I no longer regret my username.


7/2/2020 8:49 AM

He'll come prepared wink
Photo

|

7/2/2020 8:49 AM

Double GPs at Latvia and Triple GP at Lommel. Herlings must be the happiest man in the GP paddock right now. ( Geerts for the 250 class)



|

7/2/2020 9:21 AM

Barrett57 wrote:

I would say that is Herlings wet dream, but after the way Gajser rode at Valkenswaard it might not be.

Lommel is not to compare with Valkenswaard

|

7/2/2020 10:31 AM

Very curious to see the new calendar. Hopefully MXGP can find a workable solution to get more rounds in. I'm assuming all the fly aways will be canned for this year, but if travel within mainland Europe is viable then let's hope for the best!

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/2/2020 10:43 AM

And I heard about a double gp in Arnhem (Dutch GP) aswell...

|

7/2/2020 10:49 AM

alex69 wrote:

Lommel is not to compare with Valkenswaard

Agree, but Gajser was absolutely on fire those first 2 rounds. Let's hope he gives Herlings a run for his money.

|

I no longer regret my username.


7/2/2020 10:50 AM

Ok, hear me out...


Three GP on the same track layout and never groom it in between races

The survivors get crowned

|

7/2/2020 11:02 AM

llaliberte22 wrote:

Ok, hear me out...


Three GP on the same track layout and never groom it in between races

The survivors get crowned

If that happened, Herlings advantage would grow with each race.

|

7/2/2020 11:11 AM

Without any usa pro nats........no better time in history. Just saying.
Yes i know zero reason no money not in the contract usa teams dont care about motocross etc......
As a fan it would be epic if the usa factory riders showed up.

|

7/2/2020 11:30 AM

GforceCoatings wrote:

Without any usa pro nats........no better time in history. Just saying.
Yes i know zero reason no money not in the contract usa teams dont care about motocross etc......
As a fan it would be epic if the usa factory riders showed up.

could work , well except for the travel bans etc, and the fact that the US factory riders get paid from US budgets as well,

|

7/2/2020 11:32 AM

GforceCoatings wrote:

Without any usa pro nats........no better time in history. Just saying.
Yes i know zero reason no money not in the contract usa teams dont care about motocross etc......
As a fan it would be epic if the usa factory riders showed up.

It would epic, but the EU restricted all non-essential travel from the US on the 1st of July. I don't think racing the GPs would get an exemption but who knows.

|

I no longer regret my username.


7/2/2020 11:43 AM

Heard they trucking in sand from Red Bud ? Photo

|

7/2/2020 11:51 AM

I so hope the gp's can pull off a 5 round series at 2 tracks.

|

7/2/2020 12:18 PM

LVB107 wrote:

And I heard about a double gp in Arnhem (Dutch GP) aswell...

Double GPs Latvia/Arnhem and triple Lommel would be a dream MXGP calendar/ride for you to right?

Nothing to gain anymore at the ONK for you

|

7/2/2020 12:53 PM

LVB107 wrote:

And I heard about a double gp in Arnhem (Dutch GP) aswell...

Bidirella wrote:

Double GPs Latvia/Arnhem and triple Lommel would be a dream MXGP calendar/ride for you to right?

Nothing to gain anymore at the ONK for you

Entry fees and days off at work are expensive man😤

|

7/2/2020 1:18 PM

GforceCoatings wrote:

Without any usa pro nats........no better time in history. Just saying.
Yes i know zero reason no money not in the contract usa teams dont care about motocross etc......
As a fan it would be epic if the usa factory riders showed up.

scott_nz wrote:

could work , well except for the travel bans etc, and the fact that the US factory riders get paid from US budgets as well,

That doesn't stop all the posts about the reverse happening wink

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

7/2/2020 1:27 PM

Any races anywhere is good, just need to be able to watch them..

|

7/2/2020 1:49 PM

Triple race in Latvia to start season.. Sunday, thursday and again sunday i heard.

|

7/2/2020 1:52 PM

Kegums and Italy would apparently also be three races in a row like Lommel. Italy would also host a normal single race aswell as Turkey, Spain and Argentina.

|

7/2/2020 2:41 PM

tek14 wrote:

Triple race in Latvia to start season.. Sunday, thursday and again sunday i heard.

I that is true, and its not behind closed doors, i am all over a week in Riga..

|

7/2/2020 9:41 PM

Photo
|

7/2/2020 11:52 PM

LVB107 wrote:

And I heard about a double gp in Arnhem (Dutch GP) aswell...

Yeah right on a track that is too narrow for the Dutch masters is suddenly suitable far Gp's.
I think you believe in Santa Claus either.

|

7/2/2020 11:56 PM

I wonder if they are planning on running Kegums in both directions? Would they have time to change the jumps and all the banners between the races?

|

7/3/2020 1:00 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder if they are planning on running Kegums in both directions? Would they have time to change the jumps and all the banners between the races?

Wonder about that to, same for Lommel. Both tracks can be ridden both ways with not many track changes..

Sunday normal, Wednesday reverse and Sunday back normal with some changes would be really cool..

|

7/3/2020 1:13 AM

LVB107 wrote:

And I heard about a double gp in Arnhem (Dutch GP) aswell...

alex69 wrote:

Yeah right on a track that is too narrow for the Dutch masters is suddenly suitable far Gp's.
I think you believe in Santa Claus either.

never realised that, but with all the space they have at Arnhem, it being a new track and them having ambitions of staging big races, why would you build a track that is to narrow?

|

7/3/2020 1:26 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I wonder if they are planning on running Kegums in both directions? Would they have time to change the jumps and all the banners between the races?

Bidirella wrote:

Wonder about that to, same for Lommel. Both tracks can be ridden both ways with not many track changes..

Sunday normal, Wednesday reverse and Sunday back normal with some changes would be really cool..

Yeah Lommel would be easier to do in both ways, i would actually be a bit disappointed if they don't run races in different directions!

|

7/3/2020 2:22 AM

Its racing.. i dont care.

|