2T Riding Tips

jeffro503
11/2/2018 1:47pm
49weasel wrote:
Step 1. Sell it

Step 2. Buy a modern 4 stroke.
If you want to do well, listen to this guy
jeffro503 wrote:
Well in what? SX or national's? Cause at the local level , and the other 99.9% you ride / race what you're comfortable on. I myself...
Well in what? SX or national's? Cause at the local level , and the other 99.9% you ride / race what you're comfortable on. I myself can run a faster pace , for longer and beat guy's I couldn't before on my 450. I started going in reverse in speed on the 450's , where as the 2 stroke's , I'm actually making progress again.
Btw .....you should make it out to a practice day man , and throw a leg over one of my bikes ( bring your gear ).....you may change your mind , especially on these newer one's , they are seriously no joke. Revived me , that's for sure.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/2/2018 1:53pm
If you want to do well, listen to this guy
jeffro503 wrote:
Well in what? SX or national's? Cause at the local level , and the other 99.9% you ride / race what you're comfortable on. I myself...
Well in what? SX or national's? Cause at the local level , and the other 99.9% you ride / race what you're comfortable on. I myself can run a faster pace , for longer and beat guy's I couldn't before on my 450. I started going in reverse in speed on the 450's , where as the 2 stroke's , I'm actually making progress again.
jeffro503 wrote:
Btw .....you should make it out to a practice day man , and throw a leg over one of my bikes ( bring your gear ).....you...
Btw .....you should make it out to a practice day man , and throw a leg over one of my bikes ( bring your gear ).....you may change your mind , especially on these newer one's , they are seriously no joke. Revived me , that's for sure.
Jeffro, hurry up and head down to SoCal so we can meet up and moto!
jeffro503
11/2/2018 2:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Btw .....you should make it out to a practice day man , and throw a leg over one of my bikes ( bring your gear ).....you...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Hell yeah Matty! I'd love to make it down maybe this coming spring for the OTMX round. I should have a new TC 250 here before to long , so blasting around GH , on a 250 , while being healthy....Gawd I can't wait! I'll definitely get in touch with you as soon as the plan is set in stone!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/2/2018 2:10pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hell yeah Matty! I'd love to make it down maybe this coming spring for the OTMX round. I should have a new TC 250 here before...
Hell yeah Matty! I'd love to make it down maybe this coming spring for the OTMX round. I should have a new TC 250 here before to long , so blasting around GH , on a 250 , while being healthy....Gawd I can't wait! I'll definitely get in touch with you as soon as the plan is set in stone!
Awesome! Is that for an OTMX national?

The Shop

jeffro503
11/2/2018 2:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hell yeah Matty! I'd love to make it down maybe this coming spring for the OTMX round. I should have a new TC 250 here before...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Yeah. I haven't checked the schedule on it yet , but I know this year they moved all the way up to April , from Sept when I rode it the year before. I'd really like to make it there during one of the bigger Vet national's they have there. Like the one they are running this weekend.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/2/2018 2:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah. I haven't checked the schedule on it yet , but I know this year they moved all the way up to April , from Sept...
Yeah. I haven't checked the schedule on it yet , but I know this year they moved all the way up to April , from Sept when I rode it the year before. I'd really like to make it there during one of the bigger Vet national's they have there. Like the one they are running this weekend.
I've got another 12 years before I can ride OTMX other than the support class haha. OTHG is my place to go now Laughing

Hopefully you can come down with an extra weekend to hit some other tracks down here
jeffro503
11/2/2018 2:48pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Yeah. I haven't checked the schedule on it yet , but I know this year they moved all the way up to April , from Sept...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I've got another 12 years before I can ride OTMX other than the support class haha. OTHG is my place to go now :laugh: Hopefully you...
I've got another 12 years before I can ride OTMX other than the support class haha. OTHG is my place to go now Laughing

Hopefully you can come down with an extra weekend to hit some other tracks down here
Me and a couple buddies were thinking of hitting some Northern Cali tracks this winter. Like Marysville and Hangtown. At least one trip for like 3 days or so.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/2/2018 2:56pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I've got another 12 years before I can ride OTMX other than the support class haha. OTHG is my place to go now :laugh: Hopefully you...

jeffro503 wrote:
Me and a couple buddies were thinking of hitting some Northern Cali tracks this winter. Like Marysville and Hangtown. At least one trip for like 3...
Me and a couple buddies were thinking of hitting some Northern Cali tracks this winter. Like Marysville and Hangtown. At least one trip for like 3 days or so.
Good choices. I've always liked Marysville. Don't forget E-Street either!
tylermx967
11/2/2018 3:00pm
MY GREAT UNCLE HORSE TELLED ME THAT THE VFORCE MAKES THE 2 STROKE WORK BETTER WHEN YOU GOED THREW THE SOFT SPOTS ON THE TRACK IT WONT BOG DOWN THE POWER WE GETTED THIS FOR SUSZUKI RM85
Jrewing
11/2/2018 3:09pm
tylermx967 wrote:
MY GREAT UNCLE HORSE TELLED ME THAT THE VFORCE MAKES THE 2 STROKE WORK BETTER WHEN YOU GOED THREW THE SOFT SPOTS ON THE TRACK IT...
MY GREAT UNCLE HORSE TELLED ME THAT THE VFORCE MAKES THE 2 STROKE WORK BETTER WHEN YOU GOED THREW THE SOFT SPOTS ON THE TRACK IT WONT BOG DOWN THE POWER WE GETTED THIS FOR SUSZUKI RM85
Good advice. You racing much Tyler lately?
Say hi to your mum btw please!
vetmxr
11/2/2018 4:42pm
Slide it into a corner with the back brake locked up and as soon as the back end comes around and your pointed at the next straight.....clutch that bitch like big daddy Don Garlits and rocket out of the corner fish tailing and throwing roost......then do it again and again......It may not be faster but there is no way that you won't have a constant permagrin.Woohoo
Johnny Ringo
11/2/2018 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 11/2/2018 4:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Jeffro, I’m coming off a 16 YZ250. It almost turned me into a full time golfer. The new YZ450 is 10x more fun for me to ride. No jetting needed.

But, that’s just me.
dirtmike86
11/2/2018 11:04pm
Take karate lessons to fight off all the pussy.
SoCalMX70
11/3/2018 12:09am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 12:09am
A lot of good advice here.

Despite some of the naysayers, you will NOT be slower on it once you get the technique down. In fact, unless you're a FAST expert level rider, there is literally nothing to worry about except maybe a long uphill start. Hell, I see intermediate guys on 125s smoke their 450 buddies every other week.

Definitely play around in the corners a bit. You'll be surprised what lines you can take that you never even considered on a 450.
SoCalMX70
11/3/2018 12:13am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

You joining up for 2019? The +30 Intermediate class is a good place to be right now. Lots of good dudes!
motomojo
11/3/2018 11:07am
My tip for going faster on a 2 stroke especially a 125 is master the front brake for it's momentum retaining qualities and the clutch/throttle dance for the same.
Takes a bit to find the right feel but once found lap times drop significantly.
downard254
11/3/2018 11:31am
I have a pristine ‘06 RM250 myself, and all I’ve done to it was a suspension revalve/spring, and a 16 oz flywheel weight. Suzuki’s have always tended to be light on flywheel weight.
11/3/2018 2:03pm
Not so much a riding tip, but check and clean your air filter a lot more often. I seem to remember 2 t's dirtied up a lot quicker. Also I wouldn't trust anything other than Twin Air or Maxima, Bel Ray, etc
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
11/3/2018 2:07pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:

SoCalMX70 wrote:
You joining up for 2019? The +30 Intermediate class is a good place to be right now. Lots of good dudes!
I really hope I will be, but everything depends on getting a house and what our mortgage is going to end up being.

Post a reply to: 2T Riding Tips

The Latest