250f too fast and heavy but I’m too big for non full sized bikes

1/31/2020 1:46am
Also one more important question.
My dad thinks that this bike were thinking about getting is too powerful because it has a vhm head and vforce reed block. He said that if it was stock that he would be more comfortable letting me buy it.
Can someone explain if it will be a lot more powerful than a stock 125 2t or will it be just more crisp and responsive??
Thanks
jeffro503
1/31/2020 8:13am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2020 8:16am
Dom_Cassar wrote:
Also one more important question. My dad thinks that this bike were thinking about getting is too powerful because it has a vhm head and vforce...
My dad thinks that this bike were thinking about getting is too powerful because it has a vhm head and vforce reed block. He said that if it was stock that he would be more comfortable letting me buy it.
Can someone explain if it will be a lot more powerful than a stock 125 2t or will it be just more crisp and responsive??
Thanks
Does the owner of that bike still have the stock head? On the reeds.......it has a V-force because it probably needed it. I have the same on my 17' Husky 125 , and it replaced the crappy stock block and reed pedals. They were really bad stock on these bikes. Warped with bad gaps! On my 125 , I chose to use a " Head insert " made by Husky / KTM. It didn't change the squish , but it's a slightly different shaped dome which upped the compression a bit......and it helped a lot. Those are / were two very common things to upgrade. Also , with the question above......yes , jetting on the carb is what I was getting at.

Edit : as to the other question , " will it be way faster than a stock 125 ? ".........no , not really. But should run better with V-force in there.
jnon_226
Fantasy
2480th
1/31/2020 10:46am
Another positive point for the 125s, is they are really holding their value right now. As long as you are buying used. If you ride it for a while and decide you would like a 250, you could probably make most of your money back, considering you take good care of it.
1/31/2020 7:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/31/2020 7:17pm
Dom_Cassar wrote:
Also one more important question. My dad thinks that this bike were thinking about getting is too powerful because it has a vhm head and vforce...
Thanks
jeffro503 wrote:
Does the owner of that bike still have the stock head? On the reeds.......it has a V-force because it probably needed it. I have the same...
Does the owner of that bike still have the stock head? On the reeds.......it has a V-force because it probably needed it. I have the same on my 17' Husky 125 , and it replaced the crappy stock block and reed pedals. They were really bad stock on these bikes. Warped with bad gaps! On my 125 , I chose to use a " Head insert " made by Husky / KTM. It didn't change the squish , but it's a slightly different shaped dome which upped the compression a bit......and it helped a lot. Those are / were two very common things to upgrade. Also , with the question above......yes , jetting on the carb is what I was getting at.

Edit : as to the other question , " will it be way faster than a stock 125 ? ".........no , not really. But should run better with V-force in there.
So after a top end rebuild would I have to play around with the jetting? +what does that involve?

The Shop

2/3/2020 12:31am
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you very much. I picked up a 2019 KTM 125sx for $7000 bit over budget but we got it through some people we met through our local track who sold it at a dealer. Thanks heaps for all of your advice.
2/3/2020 12:41am
Solid choice. Have fun!!
jeffro503
2/3/2020 7:52am
Dom_Cassar wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you very much. I picked up a 2019 KTM 125sx for $7000 bit over budget but we got it...
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you very much. I picked up a 2019 KTM 125sx for $7000 bit over budget but we got it through some people we met through our local track who sold it at a dealer. Thanks heaps for all of your advice.
Nice!! Have a blast on that bike , and remember to take it easy until you get familiar with it. That's quite a jump up from what you had , but a good one too.
JMX82
2/3/2020 7:54am
Great choice!!
zeikei
2/3/2020 11:57am
I have a prediction for you, 20 years from now you will write here in Vital how that two stroke 125 was the best bike you ever had and they don't make bikes like that anymore Smile
crowe176
2/3/2020 1:16pm
Dom_Cassar wrote:
Hey guys just wanted to say thank you very much. I picked up a 2019 KTM 125sx for $7000 bit over budget but we got it...
I’ve been riding for over 30 years, and would love to own a new KTM 125! Those are shit loads of fun. Tell your dad you love him.

Post a reply to: 250f too fast and heavy but I’m too big for non full sized bikes

The Latest