250f lcq to 250f Main

kawasa84
Edited Date/Time 4/12/2021 8:00am
So the finish of the 250f lcq was Thrasher, Drake, Brown and Sipes. But, with those guys transferring to the main, Thrasher wins his first ever main event, besting his best finish of ninth so far in his rookie career. Pierce Brown scores a 9th, Ryan Sipes a 12th, and Derek Drake I believe was 21st of 22 riders. Can't think of another time 3 of the 4 lcq transfers ended with such good results in the main, 250f or 450. Maybe the changing track conditions really did help those guys out more than resting in the team rig. Whatever the case, those 3 ended the race with and average finish of around 5th-6th place. Impressive
|
DC
4/12/2021 4:03am
kawasa84 wrote:
So the finish of the 250f lcq was Thrasher, Drake, Brown and Sipes. But, with those guys transferring to the main, Thrasher wins his first ever...
So the finish of the 250f lcq was Thrasher, Drake, Brown and Sipes. But, with those guys transferring to the main, Thrasher wins his first ever main event, besting his best finish of ninth so far in his rookie career. Pierce Brown scores a 9th, Ryan Sipes a 12th, and Derek Drake I believe was 21st of 22 riders. Can't think of another time 3 of the 4 lcq transfers ended with such good results in the main, 250f or 450. Maybe the changing track conditions really did help those guys out more than resting in the team rig. Whatever the case, those 3 ended the race with and average finish of around 5th-6th place. Impressive
I saw that and was thinking along the same lines, what a big turn of events for these guys, and I am not sure we've ever seen someone with more than one or two finishes go from a career-best 9th to a win in SX... But it's worth noting that a few guys went from disastrous debuts to quick wins. Ricky Carmichael went 11-19-1 in his first three races in 1997, and Ben Townley went from 22 to 1 in his first two SX races in 2007... Thrasher's first five races were pretty much a letdown, but he wasn't even going to race SX, but he still seemed to have a lot more talent than all those ninth, tenth and worse finishes... Maybe @3lapsdown or Andras Hegyi can dig into this more?

DC
Racer X
DC
4/12/2021 4:06am
Here's a good one: Ricky Ryan's best finish in SX was a sixth (between 1984 and March '87) before he won Daytona. He had a bunch of finishes, but never a top five before he showed up and won Daytona as a privateer in the 250 class.

DC
Racer X
kawasa84
4/12/2021 4:33am
Ricky Ryan shocked everybody. I knew about RC's 2 bad finishes before getting his 1st win, but had forgotten about Townley's.
Still, amazing that Thrasher kept it together and didn't allow pressure to get to him. Even Marchbanks messed up chasing him. Not to mention the finishes of Brown and Sipes coming from the lcq and not having the best gate picks.
Rupert X
4/12/2021 5:34am
With a name like THRASHER how does one NOT win ?

The Shop

Zycki11
4/12/2021 7:57am
DC wrote:
I saw that and was thinking along the same lines, what a big turn of events for these guys, and I am not sure we've ever...
I saw that and was thinking along the same lines, what a big turn of events for these guys, and I am not sure we've ever seen someone with more than one or two finishes go from a career-best 9th to a win in SX... But it's worth noting that a few guys went from disastrous debuts to quick wins. Ricky Carmichael went 11-19-1 in his first three races in 1997, and Ben Townley went from 22 to 1 in his first two SX races in 2007... Thrasher's first five races were pretty much a letdown, but he wasn't even going to race SX, but he still seemed to have a lot more talent than all those ninth, tenth and worse finishes... Maybe @3lapsdown or Andras Hegyi can dig into this more?

DC
Racer X
Relating to Thrasher. One can’t help but think that when it clicks it clicks. I’m sure most people can relate whether it is work related etc. Some are smart and ease in until it’s time to let her shine.
Zycki11
4/12/2021 8:00am
kawasa84 wrote:
So the finish of the 250f lcq was Thrasher, Drake, Brown and Sipes. But, with those guys transferring to the main, Thrasher wins his first ever...
DC wrote:
I saw that and was thinking along the same lines, what a big turn of events for these guys, and I am not sure we've ever...

DC
Racer X
Also, while we have you on the hook(forums)as of late. What can be done to help improve the broadcast crew and the show? Do you any input if you were to say something to peacock for the outdoors? Im sure you have thoughts as we all do. But I think it’s fare to say it has been dismal.

Post a reply to: 250f lcq to 250f Main

The Latest