250f Shootouts 2021 coming?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2020 2:14 AM

Bikes been out but havent seen any coming out with shootout?

|

11/18/2020 3:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/18/2020 3:30 AM

It's a waiting game. Seems like everyone does the 450 shootouts first like it's the most important or something. I do predict Yamaha will do really well again. Curious to see how the new KX does.

|

11/18/2020 3:41 AM

Yamaha, KX, and Ktm/Husqy will be the top three.
The kx power is very similar to the sxf, yamaha is different.
Rideability... to each his own

|

11/18/2020 4:16 AM

swapmoto has their panel discussion up on youtube and their website.

no results yet, but sounds like it's a battle between green and blue for top spot.

|

11/18/2020 8:03 AM

NoGasNoFiga793 wrote:

Yamaha, KX, and Ktm/Husqy will be the top three.
The kx power is very similar to the sxf, yamaha is different.
Rideability... to each his own

The KX power is a lot stronger off the bottom than the sxf and way more responsive. It's not really very similar. It is similar in it being a long pulling powerband.

|

11/18/2020 8:42 AM

wr74 wrote:

swapmoto has their panel discussion up on youtube and their website.

no results yet, but sounds like it's a battle between green and blue for top spot.

|

11/18/2020 10:43 AM

I'll be surprised if the KX doesn't win most of the shootouts, it's just that good.

|

11/18/2020 2:30 PM

Interesting that many of them said the Honda was the most fun to ride.

|

11/19/2020 9:59 PM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/20/2020 6:02 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

That played out exactly how I imagined it would. Good job Vital!

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

11/20/2020 6:14 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

c0ncEpT wrote:

That played out exactly how I imagined it would. Good job Vital!

You imagined the honda would go from 3rd last year to 5th against 2 almost unchanged bikes? Just as in the 450 shootout something is amiss here.

|

11/20/2020 6:33 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

c0ncEpT wrote:

That played out exactly how I imagined it would. Good job Vital!

Lol, the shoutout went how I thought they must have done a good job. This is peak America in 2020

|

11/20/2020 7:13 AM

KX has the best 450 I’m sure the 250 will be good also

|

11/20/2020 7:22 AM

Ronnie_Gardner wrote:

KX has the best 450 I’m sure the 250 will be good also

LOL, most improved bike, 2nd last year, 2nd this year.

|

11/20/2020 7:46 AM

ughh this isn't helping me! haha just sold my 18 kx250 because I could not for the life of me get comfortable on the SFF forks. Debating picking up the 21 kx but checked out the crf yesterday and fell in love with the fit/finish.. Scared the power that I am used to from the KX will be lacking on the honda though so my internal debate continues!

|

11/20/2020 7:58 AM

LKHill wrote:

You imagined the honda would go from 3rd last year to 5th against 2 almost unchanged bikes? Just as in the 450 shootout something is amiss here.

What's amiss? Are you insinuating these guys are paid off by manufactures? Aren't qualified? What's your expert opinion on the subject?

|

Race Bike: 2018 KTM 350SXF

Other Bikes: 1985 CR80R, 1990 CR250R, 1998 PW80, Specialized Fuse Comp 29.

Sold: 2016 YZ250F, 2012 CRF250R

11/20/2020 8:02 AM

My god, the hand wringing about shootouts is worse than people freaking out about football recruiting classes.

|

11/20/2020 8:10 AM

aperfcrcle wrote:

ughh this isn't helping me! haha just sold my 18 kx250 because I could not for the life of me get comfortable on the SFF forks. Debating picking up the 21 kx but checked out the crf yesterday and fell in love with the fit/finish.. Scared the power that I am used to from the KX will be lacking on the honda though so my internal debate continues!

Have you tried the Yamaha? That bike almost convinced me to steer away from 2 strokes... almost!

|

11/20/2020 8:17 AM

kieran_macca wrote:

Have you tried the Yamaha? That bike almost convinced me to steer away from 2 strokes... almost!

dude I know, the yami's look great too.. I am between the 3, haven't got to ride any of them though

|

11/20/2020 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2020 8:19 AM

aperfcrcle wrote:

ughh this isn't helping me! haha just sold my 18 kx250 because I could not for the life of me get comfortable on the SFF forks. Debating picking up the 21 kx but checked out the crf yesterday and fell in love with the fit/finish.. Scared the power that I am used to from the KX will be lacking on the honda though so my internal debate continues!

kieran_macca wrote:

Have you tried the Yamaha? That bike almost convinced me to steer away from 2 strokes... almost!

The ‘21 KX revs to the moon almost like a 2-stroke. Almost!

|

11/20/2020 12:18 PM

VitalMX Results:
Yamaha
Suzuki
Kawi
KTM
Husky
Honda

|

11/24/2020 6:55 AM

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/14/2020 10:14 AM

|

12/14/2020 12:25 PM

Those results are quite a bit different. But as always, it kinda depends on criteria from the testers. Example like how the Honda is really good but the motor is seemingly the weak point. Some tests dock it badly for that but others not as much, so it finishes much better.

|