250- no new talent

sherro24
2/4/2021 7:24am
plus seth hamekker will be a star, you read it hear first
Moto520
2/4/2021 7:26am
Covid. They have a limited field. 40 riders and everyone makes the night show. No fast local guys are able to give it a shot so it makes the field look even weaker than normal.
GripNRip617
2/4/2021 8:15am
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’. Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’... McGrath Ricky Stewart Villo...
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’.

Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’...
McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo
Reed... all have one thing in common- all of them won the SX championship in their rookie year.

Dungey- he won two main events in his rookie year.

Jett is in his second year and has one main event win.
Stew, RV and RC did NOT win the SX title their rookie year. But don’t let facts get in the way of your story
Neither did MC Laughing

The Shop

tuttle425
2/4/2021 9:21am
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’. Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’... McGrath Ricky Stewart Villo...

McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo
Reed... all have one thing in common- all of them won the SX championship in their rookie year.

McGrath had zero wins his rookie year and one win in his second year.

Dungey won four races his rookie year.

Of the seven riders you mentioned in your post, you had the facts right on only two of them.
Stoneface
2/4/2021 9:36am
I like watching Jeremy Hand in the 250 east. He gets faster each race and gave Shimoda a good challenge for part of the race Tuesday
hamncheeze
2/4/2021 9:38am

McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo

Don't let the facts get in the way of dumb Vital post:

https://vault.racerxonline.com/riders

McGrath - rookie SX 1989, 8th overall
Stewart - rookie SX 2002, 2nd overall
Carmichael - rookie SX 1997, 3rd overall
Villopoto - rookie SX 2006, 3rd overall

But hey you were correct about Reed.
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
2/4/2021 9:57am
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman...
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman.... craig and nicols are no rookies anymore and actuallt don’t belong in that class anymore.
but what’s after the 3 guys? there is nobody even close??
what happend to the deep american sx talent pool? maybe it’s just a bad year?
EngIceDave wrote:
Because the German ADAC Series talent pool is so deep? I enjoy going to your races, but come on.... Look, guys got hurt already and you're...
Because the German ADAC Series talent pool is so deep? I enjoy going to your races, but come on....

Look, guys got hurt already and you're only seeing half the racers....it's only 250 East
nah the german sx series is for washed up americans these days.
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
2/4/2021 10:00am
If it’s so easy and there is no talent go ahead and throw your gear on and go out there and show us how it’s done...
If it’s so easy and there is no talent go ahead and throw your gear on and go out there and show us how it’s done? These privateers battling from 4th and up could smoke everyone in this thread at their local track.
well most of them riders wouldn’t even qualify on any european race like european championship or even the adac series.... don’t act like they setting the world on fire...
not saying they don’t work hard, but none of them sets the world on fire..
kkawboy14
2/4/2021 10:31am

McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo

tuttle425 wrote:
McGrath had zero wins his rookie year and one win in his second year. Dungey won four races his rookie year. Of the seven riders you...
McGrath had zero wins his rookie year and one win in his second year.

Dungey won four races his rookie year.

Of the seven riders you mentioned in your post, you had the facts right on only two of them.
2? That’s not to bad 😂
kkawboy14
2/4/2021 10:32am
If it’s so easy and there is no talent go ahead and throw your gear on and go out there and show us how it’s done...
If it’s so easy and there is no talent go ahead and throw your gear on and go out there and show us how it’s done? These privateers battling from 4th and up could smoke everyone in this thread at their local track.
well most of them riders wouldn’t even qualify on any european race like european championship or even the adac series.... don’t act like they setting the...
well most of them riders wouldn’t even qualify on any european race like european championship or even the adac series.... don’t act like they setting the world on fire...
In Supercross? Come on man I’m a German and I even know this is a SX thread!
Mr. Afterbar
2/4/2021 11:06am
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman...
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman.... craig and nicols are no rookies anymore and actuallt don’t belong in that class anymore.
EngIceDave wrote:
Because the German ADAC Series talent pool is so deep? I enjoy going to your races, but come on.... Look, guys got hurt already and you're...
Because the German ADAC Series talent pool is so deep? I enjoy going to your races, but come on....

Look, guys got hurt already and you're only seeing half the racers....it's only 250 East
And the washed up Americans are still faster at SX than the Germans barring Kenny.
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
2/4/2021 11:37am
EngIceDave wrote:

And the washed up Americans are still faster at SX than the Germans barring Kenny.
this is true! not gonna say anything against it. bit that’s not what we talking about, never said anything like that.
germansxguy
Fantasy
653rd
2/4/2021 11:37am
well most of them riders wouldn’t even qualify on any european race like european championship or even the adac series.... don’t act like they setting the...
kkawboy14 wrote:
In Supercross? Come on man I’m a German and I even know this is a SX thread!
learn to read then. he was referring to local races, not specific sx.
2/4/2021 2:28pm

McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo

hamncheeze wrote:
Don't let the facts get in the way of dumb Vital post: https://vault.racerxonline.com/riders McGrath - rookie SX 1989, 8th overall Stewart - rookie SX 2002, 2nd...
Don't let the facts get in the way of dumb Vital post:

https://vault.racerxonline.com/riders

McGrath - rookie SX 1989, 8th overall
Stewart - rookie SX 2002, 2nd overall
Carmichael - rookie SX 1997, 3rd overall
Villopoto - rookie SX 2006, 3rd overall

But hey you were correct about Reed.
Oh shoot, looks like I’m gettin old and forgetful.

So these guys won it in their second year though?
motodad312
2/4/2021 2:35pm
Stoneface wrote:
I like watching Jeremy Hand in the 250 east. He gets faster each race and gave Shimoda a good challenge for part of the race Tuesday
I grew up and spent much of my life in NE Ohio where JH is from. As a kid racing back in the day, I really looked up to his dad and uncle who have a number of pro MX races under their belts as well. They are a great MX family. Really awesome to see him doing well.
TogaSet
Fantasy
3906th
2/4/2021 2:39pm
What you’re really seeing is the result of the huge internet boom and kids stopped riding 10 or 15 years ago ( except for the recent covid related uptick )
It’s finally noticeable at the pro level.
At my local track there will be 60 old guys and 5 kids.
15 years ago there would of been 40-50 kids.
gerg
2/4/2021 3:28pm
TogaSet wrote:
What you’re really seeing is the result of the huge internet boom and kids stopped riding 10 or 15 years ago ( except for the recent...
What you’re really seeing is the result of the huge internet boom and kids stopped riding 10 or 15 years ago ( except for the recent covid related uptick )
Or....

4 strokes cost a fortune in upkeep.
brocster
2/4/2021 5:38pm
TogaSet wrote:
What you’re really seeing is the result of the huge internet boom and kids stopped riding 10 or 15 years ago ( except for the recent...
This is what I see as well. CoVid has helped a little with kids but the Vet crowd runs strong. Everywhere!
FalseNeutral
2/4/2021 8:07pm
West and East coast is stupid. We don't divide outdoors, why split up the supercross?
2/4/2021 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2021 5:26am
id argue that new talent is Jeremy Hand and Logan Karnow. Vincent Luhovey (made the main second sx ever. He practices on the equivalent of a pitbike track in his side yard among many local tracks and pours concrete in the day....)

Let these boys quit their full time job and give them access to factory resources and watch them rub elbows with the best.

Post a reply to: 250- no new talent

The Latest