250- no new talent

germansxguy
Fantasy
693rd
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman.... craig and nicols are no rookies anymore and actuallt don’t belong in that class anymore.
but what’s after the 3 guys? there is nobody even close??
what happend to the deep american sx talent pool? maybe it’s just a bad year?
|
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/3/2021 9:44am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 9:49am
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman...
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman.... craig and nicols are no rookies anymore and actuallt don’t belong in that class anymore.
Forkner out, vohland out, Jett questionable, RJ out. Was this the first race of year you watched?

There’s young talent coming in the west series. Hammaker, Swoll, the other husky kid, Mumford, I’m sure I’m missing others. Deegan and Ferry are on there way, Ryder D. Not sure what’s up with Jett Reynolds, chance Hymas behind them..
2/3/2021 9:45am
Is that not the idea of the 250 class, a feeder or learning class to the premier 450 class?

Remember Covid has curbed the influx of some potential foreign riders in sx.
hamncheeze
2/3/2021 9:52am
watching the 250 heat races last night it’s really worrying to see that there is no real talent coming up except of jett, jo and mosiman...
soggy wrote:
Forkner out, vohland out, Jett questionable, RJ out. Was this the first race of year you watched? There’s young talent coming in the west series. Hammaker...
Forkner out, vohland out, Jett questionable, RJ out. Was this the first race of year you watched?

There’s young talent coming in the west series. Hammaker, Swoll, the other husky kid, Mumford, I’m sure I’m missing others. Deegan and Ferry are on there way, Ryder D. Not sure what’s up with Jett Reynolds, chance Hymas behind them..
Jarrett Frye and Nate Thrasher for Star Yamaha, plus Stilez Robertson for Husky are notable rookies for West, along with Mumford, Hammaker.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/3/2021 10:12am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 10:16am
There's a lot of new talent in the 250 class. In the East, Vohland is a rookie and Shimoda and Lawrence are sophomores. The West is absolutely stacked with rookies and sophomores - Swoll, Robertson, Hammaker, P. Brown, Frye, Thrasher, Mumford, Gonzales, Schwartz.

Thrasher and Vohland in particular will be fun to follow, if for no other reason than the "trade"

The Shop

smee113
2/3/2021 10:15am
I think you're reading too much into a very shallow East Coast. Most of the new talent is racing West this year.
Dudley
2/3/2021 10:17am
The gap between 2nd and the rest of the field at the end of the race was pretty large last night. Most of the guys in top ten seemed pretty consistent gap.
motodad312
2/3/2021 10:23am
Looking forward to someday seeing what Masterpool can do in SX and I get that a successful amateur career doesn't guarantee a successful pro career but I really think Levi Kitchen could turn out to be something special.
TXDirt
2/3/2021 10:24am
Forkner really has to be kicking himself. He should be running away with the title this year.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/3/2021 10:25am
Dudley wrote:
The gap between 2nd and the rest of the field at the end of the race was pretty large last night. Most of the guys in...
The gap between 2nd and the rest of the field at the end of the race was pretty large last night. Most of the guys in top ten seemed pretty consistent gap.
The gap between roczen and the rest of the field was pretty big too, timing doesn’t always tell the whole story
hamncheeze
2/3/2021 10:27am
TXDirt wrote:
Forkner really has to be kicking himself. He should be running away with the title this year.
Do you think from what you saw in Forkner at the first 2 rounds that he would be beating Nichols? I don't think it would have been a run-away at all. Even though the class is thin, Nichols is riding incredibly well right now.
philG
2/3/2021 10:35am
TXDirt wrote:
He would probably break an ankle doing it
Johnny Ringo
2/3/2021 10:53am
I think half this forum could qualify for a 250E main right now. Field is trash
germansxguy
Fantasy
693rd
2/3/2021 11:00am
GrapeApe wrote:
There's a lot of new talent in the 250 class. In the East, Vohland is a rookie and Shimoda and Lawrence are sophomores. The West is...
There's a lot of new talent in the 250 class. In the East, Vohland is a rookie and Shimoda and Lawrence are sophomores. The West is absolutely stacked with rookies and sophomores - Swoll, Robertson, Hammaker, P. Brown, Frye, Thrasher, Mumford, Gonzales, Schwartz.

Thrasher and Vohland in particular will be fun to follow, if for no other reason than the "trade"
Ok brings me to the next questions. Is it time to only do one championship and let them ride all together to really prep them and get the best into the 450 and to stop having guys like craig and nicols in the 250s forever?
rileymx
2/3/2021 11:08am
"the blindest of them all, is the one who does not want to see..."
from a few years now, the talent pool of america is too shallow, too much hype and social media for too less racing.....
kids in america these days, get to the superstar level racer, with bikes and contracts for that level, with just a few races a year, in different size bikes, not pro level tracks and with short heats ( 10/15 mts)
with less racing comes less everything, and only a small few get the opportunity to go pro, and because the speed is good, one thinks he might do good. so then reality checks, lots of experienced racers, huge presure and things end up not working has expected. dump this kid, get the new one coming.......
this subject has been talked about for some time now, but always in a small and hidden sense, maybe some day it will have to be taken serious...
GB163
2/3/2021 11:13am
GrapeApe wrote:
There's a lot of new talent in the 250 class. In the East, Vohland is a rookie and Shimoda and Lawrence are sophomores. The West is...

whos gonzales riding for? i remember him coming out of nowhere roasting the big boys in amateur's but havent heard much since. must admit havent been as up with it as of late.
tuttle425
2/3/2021 11:28am
West is going to start out stacked. We'll see if it holds up. Remember at the end of 2020 we were trying to figure out where guys were going to fit because all of the teams were filled up with good riders? Well, that's still the case but there are a lot of injuries on the east. Matthes ran through them on Pulp Monday and there were guys that I had completely forgotten. Even now I can't remember but it was about eight riders total that would be make the east look completely different right now. Maybe not at the top but definitely 4-12ish.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/3/2021 11:31am
GrapeApe wrote:

GB163 wrote:
whos gonzales riding for? i remember him coming out of nowhere roasting the big boys in amateur's but havent heard much since. must admit havent been...
whos gonzales riding for? i remember him coming out of nowhere roasting the big boys in amateur's but havent heard much since. must admit havent been as up with it as of late.
Phoenix Honda
GB163
2/3/2021 11:38am
GrapeApe wrote:

GB163 wrote:
whos gonzales riding for? i remember him coming out of nowhere roasting the big boys in amateur's but havent heard much since. must admit havent been...
GrapeApe wrote:
Phoenix Honda
nice to see him have a decent ride one of those kids that makes your jaw drop
kkawboy14
2/3/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 11:44am
West......go west young man to see some more talent!
endurox
2/3/2021 3:07pm
60K for a very competitive 250 including a spare is tough to cough up. A west/ east 125 class would be great. Drop the 450's and make 250's the top class.
2/3/2021 3:19pm
motodad312 wrote:
Looking forward to someday seeing what Masterpool can do in SX and I get that a successful amateur career doesn't guarantee a successful pro career but...
Looking forward to someday seeing what Masterpool can do in SX and I get that a successful amateur career doesn't guarantee a successful pro career but I really think Levi Kitchen could turn out to be something special.
Man I'm so on board with you on Kitchen. I don't know what it is but he just seems like he's gonna be a force right off the rip. Love to see him just jump right into the Nationals this summer instead of staying amatuer
EngIceDave
2/3/2021 3:21pm
Because the German ADAC Series talent pool is so deep? I enjoy going to your races, but come on....

Look, guys got hurt already and you're only seeing half the racers....it's only 250 East
Sully
2/3/2021 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2021 3:22pm
GB163 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Phoenix Honda
GB163 wrote:
nice to see him have a decent ride one of those kids that makes your jaw drop
Unfortunately, he's out with a broken tib/fib, so no SX for him this year. Hopefully he's good to go for outdoors, though.

Scroll down the the bottom of the page.
https://racerxonline.com/2021/02/01/injury-report-indianapolis-2
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/3/2021 3:24pm
Levi kitchen coming up as well on star. He swept mini Os
As I was scrolling down, I was thinking... Nobody remembers what Kitchen just did at Mini-O's???
MyBobbym
2/3/2021 8:24pm
Is that not the idea of the 250 class, a feeder or learning class to the premier 450 class? Remember Covid has curbed the influx of...
Is that not the idea of the 250 class, a feeder or learning class to the premier 450 class?

Remember Covid has curbed the influx of some potential foreign riders in sx.
West coast riders? Hasn't even started yet. Jetts bro has the right stuff.
DSweeney114
2/3/2021 8:32pm
If it’s so easy and there is no talent go ahead and throw your gear on and go out there and show us how it’s done? These privateers battling from 4th and up could smoke everyone in this thread at their local track.
2/4/2021 12:07am
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’.

Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’...
McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo
Reed... all have one thing in common- all of them won the SX championship in their rookie year.

Dungey- he won two main events in his rookie year.

Jett is in his second year and has one main event win.
Johnny Ringo
2/4/2021 4:45am
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’. Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’... McGrath Ricky Stewart Villo...
There’s lots of talk about how Jett is going to be one of the sports ‘Greats’.

Let’s look at the previous ‘Greats’...
McGrath
Ricky
Stewart
Villo
Reed... all have one thing in common- all of them won the SX championship in their rookie year.

Dungey- he won two main events in his rookie year.

Jett is in his second year and has one main event win.
Stew, RV and RC did NOT win the SX title their rookie year. But don’t let facts get in the way of your story

Post a reply to: 250- no new talent

The Latest