250 nationals. Who's your pick?

sandtrack315
4/26/2019 9:27am
kage173 wrote:
Nah. Gonna party hard in Vegas and spend some of that new 450 deal money. Gonna get some sleep. Gonna eat some Pizza. A lot of...
Nah. Gonna party hard in Vegas and spend some of that new 450 deal money. Gonna get some sleep. Gonna eat some Pizza. A lot of Pizza.

Meanwhile Ferrandis, will be doing motos without a seat or rear brake for 10 hours per day; eating motocross, sleeping motocross, and shitting motocross with DV holding up a pitboard with AC's championship photo pasted to it every single lap.

Ferrandis will crush the first 3 rounds before AC gets it together and decides it's better to win a bunch of 1st motos and just cruise it in for 3rd place on the season.
Nah, I don’t think that’s AC’s mentality.
Ray_MXS
4/26/2019 9:30am
kage173 wrote:
Covington and Lawrence just got a taste of what it's like to race in the US. Their confidence is totally shaken and they won't do much...
Covington and Lawrence just got a taste of what it's like to race in the US. Their confidence is totally shaken and they won't do much this summer. Lawrence will learn a lot, steadily improve and be solid top 5 by end of summer. He'll do better next year.

AC will be a little hungover and probably have his 450 deal locked in, so he'll be satisfied with a podium (for championship) and a few overalls.

Ferrandis has hit his stride and he's pissed that he let his SX shot get away. He will dominate and take the championship.

Cooper will win motos, two overalls, contend for red plate until last 1/3 of the season, and be on the podium a lot.

AMart gonna AMart - solid at all times, great corner speed, not a title threat.

Sexton will win 2 motos, but mostly be top 5.
Very reasonable predictions Cool
4/26/2019 9:50am
kage173 wrote:
Covington and Lawrence just got a taste of what it's like to race in the US. Their confidence is totally shaken and they won't do much...
Covington and Lawrence just got a taste of what it's like to race in the US. Their confidence is totally shaken and they won't do much this summer. Lawrence will learn a lot, steadily improve and be solid top 5 by end of summer. He'll do better next year.

AC will be a little hungover and probably have his 450 deal locked in, so he'll be satisfied with a podium (for championship) and a few overalls.

Ferrandis has hit his stride and he's pissed that he let his SX shot get away. He will dominate and take the championship.

Cooper will win motos, two overalls, contend for red plate until last 1/3 of the season, and be on the podium a lot.

Ray_MXS wrote:
Very reasonable predictions Cool
Lawrence last race in USA at MXON last year was terrible Tongue
mac3-d
4/26/2019 10:10am
Ferrandis if he can get consistent starts & not wasting energy coming through the pack. AC otherwise , just looking forward to great battles with cooper getting a good lead & DF & AC chasing him down .
How is JM fitness & time on the bike ?

The Shop

hamncheeze
4/26/2019 10:10am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 10:13am
Assuming Forkner is out then there really is no big favourite this year.

AC is not exactly proven outdoors. He's big, and that's a handicap. Plus the PC bikes almost always have one explosion per rider. Ferrandis is a strong candidate but as we saw last year his starts can be horrendous and he has some weird weekends where he's just not able to move forwards. Sexton will be good, but his starts are also suspect and I thought his outdoor season last year was disappointing. Hampshire came on strong, but man he's sketchy. And there are still questions IMO about the Honda outdoors. Jordan Smith, if healthy will be fast at times and confusing at others. McElrath took steps last year but still needs a bit more consistency, plus he may or may not start injured. Nichols is fast but injury-prone, same with Craig.

The MXGP kids, let's' give them a year. I think they will have motos where they look incredible and motos where they are fighting for 14th and wondering why they can't pass Jordan Bailey.

Who haven't I mentioned? Justin Cooper and AMart. TBH, Cooper has the best overall package heading into outdoors and with Forkner out he's my fave. And Alex Martin, always consistently fast outdoors. If enough guys throw motos away, I could see Alex winning the title with only 1 or 2 moto wins. Call me crazy.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
4/26/2019 10:34am
Based on the 2019 SX results, I'd say Cianciarulo is the best bet. However, this is MX and there are a lot of motos to run. I think AMart is going to surprise a lot of people and if there's any inconsistency on Ferrandis' and AC's parts, then Alex will take it all.
hamncheeze
4/26/2019 10:48am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2019 10:48am
mac3-d wrote:
Ferrandis if he can get consistent starts & not wasting energy coming through the pack. AC otherwise , just looking forward to great battles with cooper...
Ferrandis if he can get consistent starts & not wasting energy coming through the pack. AC otherwise , just looking forward to great battles with cooper getting a good lead & DF & AC chasing him down .
Jeremy Martin is out for all of 2019. Still healing up after his second run at surgery in January. I sincerely hope he is able to return to the sport, but if he decided not to come back at all I would totally understand.
mac3-d
4/26/2019 11:27am
mac3-d wrote:
Ferrandis if he can get consistent starts & not wasting energy coming through the pack. AC otherwise , just looking forward to great battles with cooper...
hamncheeze wrote:
Jeremy Martin is out for all of 2019. Still healing up after his second run at surgery in January. I sincerely hope he is able to...
Jeremy Martin is out for all of 2019. Still healing up after his second run at surgery in January. I sincerely hope he is able to return to the sport, but if he decided not to come back at all I would totally understand.
Thanks for the clarification on Jmart, just reading through some posts it sounded he was ready to race
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
4/26/2019 12:28pm
I'm going with AC for the title. Rounding out the podium will be McElrath and Ferrandis (flip flop maybe). Nichols and Sexton will round out the top 5
ShipLap
4/26/2019 4:52pm
Plessinger, if he is back.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
4/26/2019 4:57pm
ShipLap wrote:
Plessinger, if he is back.
Um, he's full time 450 as Barcia's teammate.
Sideways
4/27/2019 12:29am
hamncheeze wrote:
Assuming Forkner is out then there really is no big favourite this year. AC is not exactly proven outdoors. He's big, and that's a handicap. Plus...
Assuming Forkner is out then there really is no big favourite this year.

AC is not exactly proven outdoors. He's big, and that's a handicap. Plus the PC bikes almost always have one explosion per rider. Ferrandis is a strong candidate but as we saw last year his starts can be horrendous and he has some weird weekends where he's just not able to move forwards. Sexton will be good, but his starts are also suspect and I thought his outdoor season last year was disappointing. Hampshire came on strong, but man he's sketchy. And there are still questions IMO about the Honda outdoors. Jordan Smith, if healthy will be fast at times and confusing at others. McElrath took steps last year but still needs a bit more consistency, plus he may or may not start injured. Nichols is fast but injury-prone, same with Craig.

The MXGP kids, let's' give them a year. I think they will have motos where they look incredible and motos where they are fighting for 14th and wondering why they can't pass Jordan Bailey.

Who haven't I mentioned? Justin Cooper and AMart. TBH, Cooper has the best overall package heading into outdoors and with Forkner out he's my fave. And Alex Martin, always consistently fast outdoors. If enough guys throw motos away, I could see Alex winning the title with only 1 or 2 moto wins. Call me crazy.
Why would forkner be the big favorite? He hasnt really showed that much outdoors or am i wrong? Hes been injured most of the time. And he had nothing for AC and ferrandis in sx this year, i dont think he will outdoors either.

And for thw mxgp guys, i think what you mentioned is right but only with covington. He has been like that in the mxgp aswell. Very inconsistent and can be fighting for podium one weekend or be top 10 the next. Hunter is going to kill it right away though..
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
4/27/2019 1:13am
I want AC to win.

I think AC will win.

I wouldn't be shocked if Ferrandis wins.

I think Covington can win.

I think Cooper will contend for the title.

A lot of thinking over here, but no guarantees in 250s.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
4/27/2019 1:22am
I'm not boarding the Lawrence hype train this early. He'll have moments, but for now, he didn't exactly smoke Shimoda, his brother and Mumford at the Cal Classic race last weekend. Although, the track was pretty garbage for good racing

Mace-x
4/27/2019 1:30am
I'm on the troll train, really hope that Amart can grab the title this year, he's really fast outdoors.
Sideways
4/27/2019 3:07am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I'm not boarding the Lawrence hype train this early. He'll have moments, but for now, he didn't exactly smoke Shimoda, his brother and Mumford at the...
I'm not boarding the Lawrence hype train this early. He'll have moments, but for now, he didn't exactly smoke Shimoda, his brother and Mumford at the Cal Classic race last weekend. Although, the track was pretty garbage for good racing

Actually I have to agree with you to some degree. He wasnt setting the gps on fire. But he was on a "bad" bike last year. His mxon performances has been awesome both times when he has been on a good bike. The battle with Osbourne in england was awesome. I guess we will have to see Smile
cbuehler767
4/27/2019 4:19am
kage173 wrote:

What has shaken HLaw's confidence? That every time he races National riders he whups them?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/27/2019 4:59am Edited Date/Time 4/27/2019 5:02am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I'm not boarding the Lawrence hype train this early. He'll have moments, but for now, he didn't exactly smoke Shimoda, his brother and Mumford at the...

2.3 sec faster best lap than the second guy is pretty good in my book. Especially on a track with 1-inch bumps where everyone can go fast.
I think he will win 1-3 motos, maybe an overall. He hasn't been consistent enough to got for any title. Once he figures that out he will be good
But he better make sure to get a title soon, because from what I'm seeing Jett will be beating him rather sooner than later

4/27/2019 6:31am
Derpin' DJ wrote:

I think you mean his 15 older brother Jett in that video.
Mit12
4/27/2019 7:21am
AC
5/11/2019 12:30am
Any changes to picks after the wrap up of the SX season and the fall out?
5/11/2019 1:00am
Any changes to picks after the wrap up of the SX season and the fall out?
AC is hungrier than ever right now. Should be a good 250 outdoor season
Motofinne
5/11/2019 1:10am Edited Date/Time 5/11/2019 1:13am
Guys like McElrath, Smith and RJ Hampshire has to step up. Especially the TLD KTM guys, DeCoster is not impressed. The results that TLD KTM is putting on is far below KTMs standard on a factory effort.

RJ can surprise. I feel like he has always been a better outdoor rider and he was well on his way to winning Southwick when he crashed hard in 2017 (he later won WW Ranch USGP that year).
5/11/2019 1:15am
Motofinne wrote:
Guys like McElrath, Smith and RJ Hampshire has to step up. Especially the TLD KTM guys, DeCoster is not impressed. The results that TLD KTM is...
Guys like McElrath, Smith and RJ Hampshire has to step up. Especially the TLD KTM guys, DeCoster is not impressed. The results that TLD KTM is putting on is far below KTMs standard on a factory effort.

RJ can surprise. I feel like he has always been a better outdoor rider and he was well on his way to winning Southwick when he crashed hard in 2017 (he later won WW Ranch USGP that year).
I think he RJ is riding better this year and he definitely a better outdoor rider so I think some podiums and maybe wins this season are definitely on the cards
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
5/11/2019 4:42am
Who all will be on Monster Pro Circuit Kawasaki's?
Will anyone Ride Forkners bike?
5/11/2019 5:15am
Tarz483 wrote:
Who all will be on Monster Pro Circuit Kawasaki's?
Will anyone Ride Forkners bike?
They should get Valentin Guillod on that ride for the summer.

Post a reply to: 250 nationals. Who's your pick?

The Latest