250 Shootout waiting on Suzuki?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/24/2018 1:03 PM

ML512?
Bueller?

KC

|

9/24/2018 2:18 PM

If suzuki is to use a true poduction bike - i think they will be too late to market for a normal shootout deadline

|

9/24/2018 2:20 PM

Last I remember reading, ML said the media outlets were all hoping that Suzuki would be sending some bikes over for the shootouts but had no idea if they actually would or not.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/24/2018 2:42 PM

Why the hell nobody speaks about the new 250 Honda ? I mean we are soon in October and the bike didn't even have a proper presentation or first test ride. Embargo ?

|

9/24/2018 2:46 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Why the hell nobody speaks about the new 250 Honda ? I mean we are soon in October and the bike didn't even have a proper presentation or first test ride. Embargo ?

Should be out in October/November for sale.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/24/2018 3:37 PM

We're waiting on the Honda and Suzuki 250. We should have the Honda in about three weeks, with the Suzuki around three weeks after that.

|

9/24/2018 3:38 PM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Why the hell nobody speaks about the new 250 Honda ? I mean we are soon in October and the bike didn't even have a proper presentation or first test ride. Embargo ?

Media hasn't ridden it yet.

|

9/24/2018 6:32 PM

I think new honda will win most improved

We found it can make excellent power gains with minimal tweaks on the 18

|

9/24/2018 8:43 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

I think new honda will win most improved

We found it can make excellent power gains with minimal tweaks on the 18

Would those tweaks make it like a Yamaha or a KTM?

|

9/24/2018 9:01 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

I think new honda will win most improved

We found it can make excellent power gains with minimal tweaks on the 18

ratonmacias wrote:

Would those tweaks make it like a Yamaha or a KTM?

Peak hp output far exceeds yamaha 2018 - havent dyno a 19 yzf yet but from what I hear its not earth shatteringly better than 18

Peak hp can match ktm pretty easy
Front side has some work to do - but most people would be surprised what they describe to be bottom on track vs where they would say bottom is on a dyno dont match

The character of the engine, from yzf to ktm to crf will all be different - ive said for ages the yzf character is great but when it comes to actually needing ponies its clearly lacking vs the ktm in general consumers state of tune

The factory yamaha should NOT be something people relate to the oem bike even though they do...

The crf will need some big tweaks imho to get the whole curve on par with ktm - the dual exhaust and method they did it was bad - and the valve train is a challenge. But from 10k and up it will easily challenge the power kings. If its reliable in race trim to 16000 or more - its gonna be a good race bike (sorta proven last couple nationals)

i havent done one yet - but it also would be the best platform for a 280-290 kit. It has huge intake valves stock

|

9/25/2018 5:44 AM

its going to get last again anyway....

|

9/25/2018 6:14 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

Peak hp output far exceeds yamaha 2018 - havent dyno a 19 yzf yet but from what I hear its not earth shatteringly better than 18

Peak hp can match ktm pretty easy
Front side has some work to do - but most people would be surprised what they describe to be bottom on track vs where they would say bottom is on a dyno dont match

The character of the engine, from yzf to ktm to crf will all be different - ive said for ages the yzf character is great but when it comes to actually needing ponies its clearly lacking vs the ktm in general consumers state of tune

The factory yamaha should NOT be something people relate to the oem bike even though they do...

The crf will need some big tweaks imho to get the whole curve on par with ktm - the dual exhaust and method they did it was bad - and the valve train is a challenge. But from 10k and up it will easily challenge the power kings. If its reliable in race trim to 16000 or more - its gonna be a good race bike (sorta proven last couple nationals)

i havent done one yet - but it also would be the best platform for a 280-290 kit. It has huge intake valves stock

The factory yamaha should NOT be something people relate to the oem bike even though they do...

Yeah but, people also calculate that Rider 'X' won't get any decent results on the RMZ 250 & 450 because it finished last in all the shootouts..
|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

9/25/2018 6:38 AM

Despit the fact the 450 has better results than honda dating back 15 years

|